Craig Rowe - A Place in the Sun

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sure you’re all aware of it but the place in the sun website - which is primarily for buying property abroad - has a section for the TV programme.
Bit about presenters and the a list of most recent shows?

It even gives you details of the properties they looked at etc.

Can’t see anything about Craig on 31st Jan though?

Not managed to see him on it yet.

Saw a lovely one with Scottish Jean presenting and couple looking around Gandia in Spain. She was so warm with them...
That was on Thursday am I think. Not sure How recent!

Enjoy!

The shows at the moment are all replies from a few years ago. They only film about 10 episodes each year.

Someone on another forum said they thought most just wanted a free trip to look around the properties with no intension of buying. Another answered and said you have to fill in a very comprehensive questionnaire before you even get a chance to film with the show, so it's not just a few weeks away.

I know a lot on here like Craig, but personally I wouldn't cross the street to watch him. Totally Loopy mentioned Scottish Jeannie, - some may not like her, but I find her very personable.
I’m the same as you with Craig....
I can just about bear him in very small doses but in general find him far too eager and annoying....

That is why I’ve not yet seen him on Place in the sun.
I don’t watch many of them these days - used to be a big fan - and generally only if it happens to come on, or maybe if I spotted one coming up in a place I’m interested in (France - or Germany which I’ve rarely ever seen - for example!)

I feel bad disliking Craig on screen, though, as he seems like a nice man and has a GSOH and is warm etc...

Jean Johannson when I first saw her on screen, I found her quite irritating! Not sure why really. But having seen her twice since I’ve warmed to her and she’s easy to watch and good with people :)

Apparently she used to be a model and was a WAG (husband is retired Finnish footballer...!)

On the list of presenters is a lady called Leah Charles King?
There’s no info on her and I’ve not seen her presenting. Googled her and she was a singer and now radio/TV presenter...

Jasmine, Ben and Jonnie (now - used to hate him!), Sara and sometimes Danni are the ones I seem to enjoy presenting the most - not too often though!

Jasmine is still far and away the best, followed by Jonnie - who is the only one whose background is in property. I don't know if Ben still does it, but when he first started kept telling his Twitter followers when he was on, then asked if he did ok, so was a bit star struck being on the tele - clearly his 'background' in developing and interior design hasn't brought the money rolling in. Equally not for Danni either, but have seen her modelling clothes in a club book, so supplementing her income. Is Scarlett the showgirl still on it ? she seems to treat the programme as a show reel for further opportunities if her wardrobe is anything to go by.

How long before Jackie Joseph gets the gig out there 🤭 🤭 TBH I think Carla Laszlo would be a cinch doing that job, as clearly knowing about property comes way down the list of qualifications, and I think with her demeanour she would be good.

A new series of A Place in the Sun starts next week and Craig is listed as the presenter on Wednesday 22 June.

Craig has been away from Q for a while (doing his other job) but now he’s back. Luckily Q haven’t forgotten him during his absence, as he has just kindly posted his blog, sharing with us the opening of a huge box of Elemis that apparently he has been given. How thoughtful of him!

Craig has been away from Q for a while (doing his other job) but now he’s back. Luckily Q haven’t forgotten him during his absence, as he has just kindly posted his blog, sharing with us the opening of a huge box of Elemis that apparently he has been given. How thoughtful of him!

Dear Lord. Ok, its one thing to have a load of freebies as part of the job, but I don't want to know about it ! let alone have pictures on-line rubbing our noses in it. Keep it to yourself - particularly now that people wont have the capacity to splash the cash anymore.

Just watched an edition of a Place in the Sun - and the first that I've seen Craig Rowe present. Apparently during the last 20 years he has 'designed, renovated and sold numerous properties ". Well, he can't have been a success at it or he wouldn't be flogging on QVC - he wouldn't have the time with all that 'renovating' !!! I mean, he's posted endless photos of his small flat, and that speaks volumes alone.

His 'presentation' on P in the S I found to be stilted with all the usual paraphrases from the programmes script. He did, use the question "and how are you feeling" practically as every other sentence which was beyond annoying. Then there was the "and I bet you would really like to see inside wouldn't you " - dear God they haven't gone there to pick tulips, they want to buy a ****** property ! Grrrrrrrrrrr. Won't be watching him again.

Johnnie Irwin comes over not only as a very decent man, but also somebody who might actually know something about the process of buying, maintaining and owning properties. On that show, so many times, you hear the tedious preamble from the male or female presenter aged 12, that they have been buying and selling property since the mid-1300s. Or does this mean that in reality they have bought a house or a flat like the rest of us do from time to time? For me, Johnnie and Jasmine are the only two with any credibility on that show. Johnnie has been quoted as saying as soon as difficulties were encountered by the production team in getting insurance for him after his cancer diagnosis, they immediately sought and brought in a replacement. I know that is a big issue (insurance cover abroad) but surely they could have done something with him - even if it was introducing the programme and ending it from the UK.

Yes, I agree. I was shocked and saddened to hear of his terminal illness, so young and with a young family. I even remember watching an edition of Escape a few years ago, when he mentioned he was getting married "in two months time! He is an exemplary young man, and knew his stuff as he is a Surveyor. If Freemont Productions cannot give him a job in this country then shame on them. Jasmine too has a "way" about her and is a delight to watch.

Latest posts

Back