Customer Beauty Rewards?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Now those vendors need to give something back to the people who voted; free p&p or something! Two hopes; and slim just left town!:wonder:

Jude x

I'm not really a beauty junkie - so don't buy much from qvc.however I even refuse to look at the promo's on the website as I truly believe its just another way of promoting stuff or promoting overload of stock - as why do they pick all the products? Why aren't people allowed to pick their own favs from the qvc range?

And what do you recieve back from the "winners"? like its been said - why don't you get free p&p or a free gift with that product?

I find it hard to believe that the Alpha H and Judith Williams ranges haven't received nominations as they seem to have a lot of 4-5 star reviews. Maybe they don't have the required minimum of 10 reviews :sad: but overall they have consistently high ratings. But as I watch the final today a 3rd requisite was mentioned by AY ... low return rates. I think Alpha and JW receiving high reviews would have fairly low return rates. The nominee choices do seem to be limited :rain::thinking:

Liz Earle 3 awards = Smug Moo. Plus AY STOP treating us like 5 year olds.

agree with both of your last posts AR!

I was miffed I couldn't vote as apart from one or two categories, I either don't use or don't like any of the nominees. I think we should have been able to vote for any range we wanted from QVC, but I bet they were scared the likes of Alpha-H or A'kin would knock LE, Elemis etc off their perches!

Attachments

• 144588_pe.jpg
    144588_pe.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 159
agree with both of your last posts AR!

I was miffed I couldn't vote as apart from one or two categories, I either don't use or don't like any of the nominees. I think we should have been able to vote for any range we wanted from QVC, but I bet they were scared the likes of Alpha-H or A'kin would knock LE, Elemis etc off their perches!

Same here. These awards are a farce. When I went to vote, half or maybe more of the products I wanted to vote for were not there.

I wonder how many people just voted for something because of the limited choice? I made that mistake last year and so this year left many blank.

These brands are not genuine winners because of the restrictions.

Every beauty brand that QVC sell should have been available to vote on.

:flower:

I too was pretty amazed at the nominees.
I buy quite a lot (too many!) of the beauty products & they aren't really ones I would put as finalists.

Just had a look at the reviews for LE Superskin, never having bought it, & the majority even ones who like the results,all seem to complain of the awful smell of the moisturiser & the body cream. So how come these won awards?

I'm not experienced enough to vote on the nominees as I've just recently started looking at the various brands on QVC. I'm happy that I found Alpha H and with good advice from those here I felt confident to buy some of the products to try. I have had very good results in a short time (about 10 days) and I was desperate for something to help my troubled skin. This has helped and I would have voted for it. I haven't used any of the other well known brands so my voting would have been one-sided. However, there should have been more nominees in each category, at least with skincare and makeup as there are a lot of customers 'out there' using a wide range of products.

Plus I find the way feedback is posted lacks transparency and needs to be clarified. Post everything and let the users report abusive evaluations and then the 3rd party can check out what has been posted. It works on many other websites. Users ought to have confidence that all comments get posted. Who is this 3rd party and just how do they nix some posts that are legitimate?

Is it really a big win if you are one of 3 or 4 of the usual suspects?:mysmilie_365::mysmilie_504:

Because Liz Earle is a huge customer account for QVC, therefore she will always win. It's not about Quality, Value or Convenience, it's about money. Always has been. :yawn:

I hadn't even realized that only selected brands were available for voting. That's terrible and very misleading for viewers who aren't qvc addicts or forumites.

I had a small jar of superskin in a set once and was eager to see the promised holy grail. I saw no difference at all unfortunately. I do however repeat order Hydra Floral which is a lovely moisturiser which seems to suit my skin. I was surprised that superskin came in first.

Alison did manage a slightly catty 'of course one of the reasons you win Liz is that you offer affordable prices', but superskin and hydra floral are pretty much on a par price-wise. The skin repair is more affordable and a good moisturiser for the price, but it's decleor for me for the time being. I do also like to use alpha-h from time to time and gatineau when the price is right. I am weaning myself off cleanse and polish and will probably try the a'kin cleanser next time.

I am weaning myself off cleanse and polish and will probably try the a'kin cleanser next time.
If you really want to be frugal, them switch to Tesco's bNatural Organic Cream Cleanser. It's a hot cloth cleanser and about 1/3 of the price of C&P. I switched about 6 months ago after several years of C&P use and couldn't be happier. I genuinely prefer it to C&P and would buy it even without the price advantage.

The awards are a crock'o'sh**e.....how can you vote in any category unless you've tried all the nominees? I tried to argue this point with QVC but they couldn't get it and kept telling me to vote for one i use....grrrrrr. I refrained.

I now use Soap and Glory's "Fab Pore" hot cloth cleanser, it is just as good as C and P as far as I am concerened is about £8 and I get advantage card points when I buy it. Did not vote in the awards stich up as it was such a phoney excercise and just about them shifting more stock.

If you really want to be frugal, them switch to Tesco's bNatural Organic Cream Cleanser. It's a hot cloth cleanser and about 1/3 of the price of C&P. I switched about 6 months ago after several years of C&P use and couldn't be happier. I genuinely prefer it to C&P and would buy it even without the price advantage.

Thanks to all the great advice from forumites, I recently decided to try No7 hot cloth cleanser.
It certainly does the job and leaves the skin soft but I do find it strongly perfumed compared with C&P's lovely botanical smells. Could you tell me what sort of fragrance is in the tesco cleanser? I might give that one a go next time although I still fancy trying the a'kin cleanser.
Thanks B

The awards are phoney and seem to be fixed from the start. The way AY was screeching when handing over the awards with excitement you'd think she was presenting the Oscars and that their award was presteeegious for you!

Was surprised no A'Kin or Alpha-H as they have high sales and reviews but still believe money is behind it all.

A salon brand manager I knew often gave new products etc to the top magazines to write about but more often than not they always favoured the ones who gave the most free products and treatments like Estee Lauder and Elemis. The brand still got a mention but nowhere near they way the others did.

Look in any magazine and guaranteed the usual names are there: Lancome, Clinique, Estee Lauder, Chanel, Dior, L'Oreal, Max Factor = money.

When I trained as a therapist I was amazed just how many salon brands there are compared to what you see in the high street. Most are independant (not owned by big companies like EL or L'Oreal) and spend their money on their own research etc. These brands prefer to spend their cash on research & development rather than throw it into advertising. Brands like Gatineau, Decleor and many other salon brands have been going for years without major advertising the way L'Oreal do. I know that Gatineau and Decleor belong to major organisations now but still had been going for years without their help.

Digressed a bit there but think you know what I'm getting at! :happy:

Latest posts

Back