Dannii Minogue Petite Fashion TSV 8/3/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I didn't mean to be nasty or insulting about Eilidh, I just meant her hair and glasses don't make the best of her features nor the clothes making the best of her figure. You can't help what you look like and God knows I am no looker, just ordinary Jane.

CC

I think the Eilidh's hair is far too dark for her and long for the sake of it. I remember way back she had a classic bob with that sort of dip-dyed look. By which I mean it was intentionally much lighter at the ends than on the crown. It looked chunky and thick and quite unusual. I don't care for how she wears it now at all.

The opposite applies (IMHO of course) to Ann Dawson. I think her hair is way to pale and wishy-washy looking for her. Needs to be warmed up a bit.

Can’t really make out what it’s like around the hem?
Is it not straight across front/back, seems a strange length and quite clingy???
thought the same - I am small at the shoulders but bigger at the hips. It says jersey. Maybe I endure the pain of the show. Any ideas who is presenting

It’s down as Jill F but she is off sick isn’t she? Maybe Ali K ?
Ah, but that would be assuming that as it’s “petite” range, common sense will prevail and Q will use another petite presenter.
So, I fully expect Jilly Halliday to turn up. Possibly the least petite presenter.
and I speak as a bit of a heffalump myself.

Dannii Minogue Hi-Lo Hem Jersey Tunic Shirt

Petite

Regular

QVC Price £49.98
Todays Special Value Price £36.98
P&P £2.95

This shirt from Dannii Minogue features a hi-lo hemline, falling longer at the back, a split round neckline with flattering V detail, long sleeves with button-up cuffs, and hidden buttons running down the centre front. Lightweight and easy-to-wear, this fabulous shirt will take you from everyday errands and work days to an evening of elegance with effortless style.

Style up or down - a staple for your wardrobe, you'll find endless ways of wearing this versatile shirt. Try it with slim-fitting jeans, trainers and a biker jacket for a cool casual look everyone will be envious of or team with smart trousers, heels and sparkling jewellery for that extra wow factor.

What colour will you go for? - available in six chic shades, there's something to suit everyone and every outfit - the hardest part will be choosing! Opt for Black or Winter White for something classic, timeless and sleek, or stand out from the crowd in colourful Cobalt, Berry, Magenta or Emerald.

Feeling good - crafted from a lightweight, machine washable jersey fabric that's designed to stretch, this shirt is as much about comfort as it is looks and can be easily cared for to ensure it's always ready to wear.

• Relaxed fit
  • 95% polyester, 5% elastane
  • Machine washable at 30C

Colour options:

• Black
  • Berry
  • Cobalt
  • Magenta
  • Winter White
  • Emerald

Yuk very frumpy! This high/low look was popular years ago wasn't it??
Not frumpy as such, though some of the colours could be described as thus - I'd just call it "odd". It looks odd with so much fabric hanging down at the back, and the view from the side cuts a very strange looking profile. Might have been a lot nicer if she'd (or the person who'd actually designed it) concentrated on just two colours - the black and the ivory, and made the length of the garment stop where the highest point of the hem is at the front. It would still be long enough to hide the bits that people tend to like to hide, it's loose fitting so it would hang nicely, and the cuffs really don't need to be that long, they look like they'd drive the wearer mad. So many times these faux designers think they've re-invented the wheel, even Ruth, who says she listens to what we want, and totally "gets" what drives us mad about high street fashion,comes up with a denim jacket that sits about an inch below the bustline, and if you've got a large bust - good luck with doing it up, and gives us an acrylic jump suit with a shirt collar, buttons and lapels - "That's on my wish list" said nobody ever!
All I can say to these so called designers, and that includes MW - Leave the "drama" to the professionals and perhaps concentrate on bringing us some wearable garments that won't break the bank, or make us look like clowns!

I've had a quick look at the entire collection, and somehow, everything misses the mark somehow. I've seen a shirt dress in the most gawdy frumpy pattern, I guess this is her take upon "frumpy chic" - which in the right hands can be done- sadly this is just frumpy - beyond frumpy I'd say.
A biker jacket that looks really cheap, with some stitching details on the arms...In the grey this looks particularly awful...and £75? I don't think so!
A houndstooth jump suit for which I have no words, similarly a long cardigan to which I could not picture anyone wearing.
A blue and white striped breton top that's been brought right down into the doldrums by a triangular insert with the stripes running in the other direction
And really is there any need to charge £32 for a t shirt? really there isn't!
Sorry to be so negative folks so I'll end on a positive - This collection is "positively" awful!

Whilst we all know these zcelebs have been nowhere near the designing of the stuff it wouldn’t matter if they did as they are not living in the same world as the rest of us.

They don’t wash dishes, vacuum, hang out washing or clean out the bathroom. They may walk dogs but as sure as heck they arent cleaning up the mess this brings in on boots, paws etc. This is why VB has trousers 6inches on the ground or cuffs over your knuckles but no normal person could wear this if they have to move other than to limo, pose, back to limo. Imagine the state of it after you have stirred tomato soup. It’s not even practical for an outing.

TBH the presenters seem to live in that sort of world (cleaning service/au pair etc) judging by their blogs and the crap they come out with. In fairness Del Boy seems to lead a more normal day to day existence but unfortunately that doesn’t stop her hard sell.

I was going to suggest that they sell a range of reasonably priced clothes that you could wear doing day to day stuff but since you can (normally) buy this type of thing on DHS for a fraction would we be bothered? Apart from Quaker - a show I’ve never watched - all Q‘s clothes are either building society uniforms or totally impractical.

Latest posts

Back