DBF book now in WH Smith

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Good grief, how does this stuff get published. It's such a shame when so many good writers are struggling so much and don't have Del Boy's "prestigious" platform.

Why is she (or any other presenter) allowed to fanfare their books on QVC? I hope she got a ticking off for it, but I expect not!

Take A Chance On Me.............DF cried, pleading with WHS to take a chance on her slutty novels, they'll regret it and they'll all end up down the waterLOO.

Good grief, how does this stuff get published. It's such a shame when so many good writers are struggling so much and don't have Del Boy's "prestigious" platform.

They self publish. Otherwise known as vanity press. Lol!

Don't worry ladies, you will be able to pick it up for a quid in Poundland before long, WH Smith will flog em off to get rid

Successful authors don't need to tout for business .............. the books just sell. Therefore, I can only conclude that shopping TV presenters don't fall into the category of 'authors.' :wink:

Successful authors don't need to tout for business .............. the books just sell. Therefore, I can only conclude that shopping TV presenters don't fall into the category of 'authors.' :wink:

Not sure that's true. Most of them attend book festivals throughout the year and there is a huge promotion circuit for major authors in arts centres and major bookstores (like Waterstones). I think they all have to do the marketing push these days, even the big names.

DBF'S travel costs would be more than the actual revenue. How many BTY followers would have bought (let's not speculate how many of those actually read it)

Not sure that's true. Most of them attend book festivals throughout the year and there is a huge promotion circuit for major authors in arts centres and major bookstores (like Waterstones). I think they all have to do the marketing push these days, even the big names.

I stand corrected because I didn't know that. I suppose well-known authors may well be promoted in book stores etc because of the number of readers who download books onto a Kindle, or similar, which could put the concept of a book to handle 'at risk.'

However, I will stand by my belief that some of the TV presenters currently flooding us with "my book is available at .... " are not what I would call successful authors. Without their constant 'advert's on QVC I'd never have heard of any of them.

Well she has a YouTube clip now saying how super excited she is and asking people to send pics of them in Smiths with the book and guess what she will send them a signed copy.

I can't see them selling many, even if all the DF lovers bought one it wouldn't get her on the best sellers list and let's face it, who else would buy one.

It would be quite amusing if it did get on a best sellers list and became known to a much wider group of readers. I'd love to see the reaction of a much wider readership. I can just imagine reading a review of in in the Sunday Times Culture magazine!

Latest posts

Back