Debbie Flint Multi Sales Commission

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bags

Registered Shopper
Just struck me this morning watching the repeat, forget buy more save more.
Is Debbie on multi sales - sell one in every colour - to the same buyer - bonus commission?:wink:
Couldn't quite believe she was not content on selling the viewer one click free, no it had to be one in each of the three shades plus one as a gift.
Something along the lines of get the red one for everything, get your own one, that's just yours.
Would you like to get a backup one, cause you can choose all the videos, family photos on the blue one to give to granny as a present.
What about customizing the black one for all of your work documents.
Going on to comment she hadn't seen the different colours, so making a good reason to buy one as a present.

Surely she'd be better helping to explain the product, it's benefits and uses, so the viewer can make an informed choice to buy.
Trying so hard to sell multiples could backfire, so the person ends up saying I'll leave it as your only interested in selling me more than one.

:sad:

IMO........she is doing her job!:cool:

The guest is there to tell you what the product does,he is the apparent expert,the presenter is there to sell........and sell some more.

I don't mind Debbie,yes she can seem a bit' hard sell' at times but I find her quite down to earth and pretty knowledgable.

IMO........she is doing her job!:cool:

The guest is there to tell you what the product does,he is the apparent expert,the presenter is there to sell........and sell some more.

I don't mind Debbie,yes she can seem a bit' hard sell' at times but I find her quite down to earth and pretty knowledgable.

I haven't minded her up until recently, when she seems to be a little preoccupied in selling more than one item.
I did say she should help the guest in the selling of the advantages of the item.
The trouble is if she spends so much time selling the advantage of buying more than one, it and in this mornings case lessened the actual time Lee had to talk about the click free.

Last edited:
That's a fair enough point,bags.:hi:

Having previously worked in sales myself,I suppose I understand and am a bit impervious to the 'selling up' tactics that Debbie and some others employ.

sales tactics are fine with me(as i say it's their job) I am less forgiving,however,of banal chatter and repeating the same thing for every item........Jill 'amazing' Franks and Carmel 'phenomenal' Thomas being the main offenders in this regard!

I've learnt over the years to resist 'hard sell' tactics, having spent money on things that I didn't want. I now buy something if I need it or if I have run out of it, not because I feel pressurised by a seller.

I have the same approach if I receive a cold call (which drive me mad, as I'm ex-directory) or if some energy or window company knock on the door. I simply say "if I wanted your product I'd have contacted you so please wait until I do that." I think some of the people who work for the window companies need to go to Specsavers, because I have new replacement windows and I was rendered speechless a couple of months ago when, after I'd pointed to my windows, the guy then asked if I'd like a block paved drive. He was standing on the brand new one that had been finished the day before!

The presenters on QVC are only doing their job, but the more they go on about buying one for yourself, one for the milkman, one for the lady down the road etc., the more stubborn I become and they then lose my custom, even if I did want the item.

"The presenters on QVC are only doing their job, but the more they go on about buying one for yourself, one for the milkman, one for the lady down the road etc., the more stubborn I become and they then lose my custom, even if I did want the item."

My feeling's too Toril , the harder they try the less likely I am to buy , even if I want it lol ,
I know DF is only doing her job , but I don't like the way she does it

I don't mind Debbie but I must admit when I watched a bit of the repeat this morning I did wonder if she was on commission she was doing such a hard sell on some video camera, for me it's a complete turn off when they start doing the hard sell, I just switch over.

i saw a documentary about shopping channels years and years ago and they showed a behind the scenes clip of a beauty hour with alison. they were keeping tally of all the sales and the first thing alison asked in the break was how many. i've always assumed from that they were on commission. i think they said so but it was so long ago i can't say for sure.

i saw a documentary about shopping channels years and years ago and they showed a behind the scenes clip of a beauty hour with alison. they were keeping tally of all the sales and the first thing alison asked in the break was how many. i've always assumed from that they were on commission. i think they said so but it was so long ago i can't say for sure.

Its funny you mention that documentary because i watched it today! it is on the IW thread about the start of IW. It also has behind the scenes footage of QVC. I found it really interesting that Claire Sutton seemed to speak more normally with a bit of her native accent coming through, not like the posh baby talk she comes out with now. Also Debbie Flint hardly looks a day older than she did when IW started. I can't remember what post has the link, but its easy to find.

Its funny you mention that documentary because i watched it today! it is on the IW thread about the start of IW. It also has behind the scenes footage of QVC. I found it really interesting that Claire Sutton seemed to speak more normally with a bit of her native accent coming through, not like the posh baby talk she comes out with now. Also Debbie Flint hardly looks a day older than she did when IW started. I can't remember what post has the link, but its easy to find.

that sounds familiar now itchy - is it the one where the owner of ideal world reckons he's gonna knock qvc into oblivion?

that sounds familiar now itchy - is it the one where the owner of ideal world reckons he's gonna knock qvc into oblivion?

Thats the one. the poor man failed there then didn't he? The whole documentary was posted by Cartmanskittycat (?) on the IW forum. I am really surprised that QVC let cameras behind the scenes - mind you,it was years ago.

Thats the one. the poor man failed there then didn't he? The whole documentary was posted by Cartmanskittycat (?) on the IW forum. I am really surprised that QVC let cameras behind the scenes - mind you,it was years ago.

yep - and it was obvious even then!

Debbie is on now, in the TSV, in her in her frenzy sale babble,(gives me palpitations, just listening to her) so I have switched her off:whew:

Latest posts

Back