Decleor - can anyone help with product usage plse?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

backstreetgirl

Registered Shopper
I ordered the Decleor TSV, which includes 2 Aromessence oil serums. I have never had anything from Decleor before so was looking forward to trying it. But.....the oil serum. It says you only need 3 drops for your face?! I've tried using 3 drops, I've put the drops on 3 fingers and then on my face and also tried putting the drops in my palm and then 'sweeping' it over my face (not much sweeping going on when my face doesn't even notice the oil) and I've had the same result.

When Fiona uses it in her presentations, she really does seem to sweep over the model's face, but I find it impossible to do with 3 drops. What am I doing wrong? I've even used 4 drops (get me!) but it's still not enough to feel like there's anything on my face to 'sweep.' Obviously I don't want a greasy, oily feel but I want to feel like I'm putting something on my face.

Any advice gratefully received thank you, otherwise this set is going back.

I'd recommend spritzing your face with some toner first. I'd find it impossible to spread a few drops of oil over my face without having damp skin. I don't know why they never mention it?

I use more than Fiona does! Pour a small amount into the palm of my hand, rub hands together then smooth over face.I think it helps if your skin is slightly damp from toner.Amount? About half size of 5p coin.My toner is Liz Earle IBST which I spritz on & wipe over with cotton wool pad.Fiona would be very pleased at the amount of products I use, try after toner using the small amount first & increase if necessary.

I'd recommend spritzing your face with some toner first. I'd find it impossible to spread a few drops of oil over my face without having damp skin. I don't know why they never mention it?

Ditto! I always think Fiona drags the skin in her demos.

I remember a show not so long ago when Alison Young “took over” and went behind the couch to apply the Aromessence her way - which was to pour quite a lot into her palm and slather that onto the model’s face! Fiona looked on bemused but didn’t really object.

Personally, I tip the bottle on to three fingertips (not so much drops as smears), rub them with the fingers on my other hand a bit, press onto my face then do the same again. A bottle lasts weeks and weeks, even doing that.

I ordered the Decleor TSV, which includes 2 Aromessence oil serums. I have never had anything from Decleor before so was looking forward to trying it. But.....the oil serum. It says you only need 3 drops for your face?! I've tried using 3 drops, I've put the drops on 3 fingers and then on my face and also tried putting the drops in my palm and then 'sweeping' it over my face (not much sweeping going on when my face doesn't even notice the oil) and I've had the same result.

When Fiona uses it in her presentations, she really does seem to sweep over the model's face, but I find it impossible to do with 3 drops. What am I doing wrong? I've even used 4 drops (get me!) but it's still not enough to feel like there's anything on my face to 'sweep.' Obviously I don't want a greasy, oily feel but I want to feel like I'm putting something on my face.

Any advice gratefully received thank you, otherwise this set is going back.

I use 3 drops, occasionally 4 but when I first started using it quite a number of years ago it did seem odd but soon got used to it and you really don't need to use more than a few drops.

I use it on damp skin with damp fingertips. 3 drops is plenty imo. You do get used to it and the bottles last months.

It is a long time since I used Decleor facial oils, unfortunately, my skin no longer tolerates them

But as others have said one drop on three fingertips and then tap the other hand fingertips together then press into the face. I know they are very concentrated compared to other brands. I am using the Emma Hardie facial oil at the moment and it takes more than 3 drops for the face.

I put three LARGE drops on, one on each of index, middle and ring finger. I then rub it onto the same three fingers of the other hand and then tap the fingers all over my face before trying to sweep it. Fiona usually does this. I have never managed the sweep over dry skin.I

Having now read upthread I reckon I'm the same as Andik.

It is a long time since I used Decleor facial oils, unfortunately, my skin no longer tolerates them

But as others have said one drop on three fingertips and then tap the other hand fingertips together then press into the face. I know they are very concentrated compared to other brands. I am using the Emma Hardie facial oil at the moment and it takes more than 3 drops for the face.

I got the Decleor Tsv and also had a small Emma Hardie oil in an advent calendar. I like that the EH one had a dropper that makes it much easier to apply and the oil is lovely.

I put a small amount of prolagene gel on first then immediately the 3 drops of oil from my fingertips using the way Ali Young demonstrated about 10 years ago. If I try with out a damp face I get nowhere.

I put a small amount of prolagene gel on first then immediately the 3 drops of oil from my fingertips using the way Ali Young demonstrated about 10 years ago. If I try with out a damp face I get nowhere.

Strange they always say oil first then Prolagene now.

I always do oil first, even though the other beauty companies (niod etal) are now saying oil last. I find if you put on gel then oil, roll off occurs. The only way to avoid that is by using miniscule amounts or by patting in the oil on top of the gel, which I find a waste of time.

I like to massage in product & not have stuff just sitting on the top of my skin, which is why I do oil first. I think Fiona has clocked this (roll off) & that's why she started saying oil first, (ever since roll off became a 'thing', itms)

I know nothing about any of the above, but I think my post is related.

I find quite a lot of hand washes (the ones in the pump bottles) and shampoos slide straight off your hand if they are wet (as they normally will be),

In other words, I wet my hands, put on a splodge of gunge from the pump bottle, and whoosh, it's slid off into the sink and wasted.

Not ALL hand cleaners and shampoos do this, so for those brands that do, I think it is done on purpose so you waste so much and have to buy more.

The only way around it is to apply to dry hands, then rub well in before wetting them. Every time I forget to do this, then whoosh, it's slid off again.

Does anyone else find this?

I know nothing about any of the above, but I think my post is related.

I find quite a lot of hand washes (the ones in the pump bottles) and shampoos slide straight off your hand if they are wet (as they normally will be),

In other words, I wet my hands, put on a splodge of gunge from the pump bottle, and whoosh, it's slid off into the sink and wasted.

Not ALL hand cleaners and shampoos do this, so for those brands that do, I think it is done on purpose so you waste so much and have to buy more.

The only way around it is to apply to dry hands, then rub well in before wetting them. Every time I forget to do this, then whoosh, it's slid off again.

Does anyone else find this?

Oh, it drives me mad! The thicker, creamier ones are worse than the more transparent ones like Molton Brown and L’Occitane. I’ve just finished using a thick, white Palmolive handwash in the kitchen and most of that went down the sink, I’m sure. I had to try to remember to dispense it into my cupped palm to contain it. I hadn’t thought about the wet vs dry hands thing but you’re right - I’m more likely to have wet hands when I go to wash them in the kitchen. I’ve now got a bar of soap there.

I just noticed this with a Scottish Fine Soaps liquid. It had never happened before so I was surprised to see all this gel floating around in the basin water! I get them from TK as a way of evening out the cost of my MB habit. I never had this one before (something like Silver Buckthorn? Brown and very strong aftershave smell, not my usual style at all but cheap!)so maybe it's new and they have changed something.

On the subject of handwashes, I bought the MB lookalike cheap handwashes from Aldi a while ago and am now using the rhubarb one in the kitchen. I don't like it much at all, I think it leaves a bit of a sticky feeling on the hands and I have to wash them again! Still it's OK for when you are cooking the dinner etc.

I just noticed this with a Scottish Fine Soaps liquid. It had never happened before so I was surprised to see all this gel floating around in the basin water! I get them from TK as a way of evening out the cost of my MB habit. I never had this one before (something like Silver Buckthorn? Brown and very strong aftershave smell, not my usual style at all but cheap!)so maybe it's new and they have changed something.

On the subject of handwashes, I bought the MB lookalike cheap handwashes from Aldi a while ago and am now using the rhubarb one in the kitchen. I don't like it much at all, I think it leaves a bit of a sticky feeling on the hands and I have to wash them again! Still it's OK for when you are cooking the dinner etc.

I haven’t tried those but the Aldi Jo Malone-alike one Lime, Basil & Mandarin is nice. On your other point, I don’t use my posh stuff in the kitchen either. A 99p bottle from Savers is fine for washing my rubber gloves after doing my garden plant pots.

I pour a drop on the three middle fingers enough for it to slightly drip. rub the finger tips from both hands together and then apply to my face. this way you get just enough to cover the face. if you want you could use a dropper from another brand one drop should do it. you will get several months out of this 7.5ml bottle. if you find using it this way does not work for you send it all back and get a boots oil. they are lovely and cheap as chips and are 15ml which lasts me 7/9 months easily

I do the three drops, but in the palm of my hand, then do a "therapist sweep" to distribute the oil on both hands, then press my hands over my slightly damp face.

Latest posts

Back