Destello .. misselling?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ellis selling scarves again and a story which may be true or untrue. She said to Hattie that she hadn’t told her the story before and people might think she was making it up.

Anyway the upshot was, someone stepped in and saved her and she bought them a scarf as a thank you.

So being as you’re right now selling scarves and this particular story involved a scarf, maybe some people might be a tad suspicious. That and the fact that it seemed spoonfed through your earpiece. Plus the fact you said people might think you’re making it up. Why would you say that if it were true?

More Destello again today, but not sure there is anything new and Hattie just said she is hoping to do some extra Sunday shows. I got one of the modal tops a few shows ago, but its an odd shape, the scoop neck just seems too big. I also got a 'free gift' of a poncho thing. It looks like that gown you put on at the hairdressers. I've put it in a donate bag, hopefully it will find a home one day!

I don't think they do higher than a 22 yet, but I think the sizes are a fair bit larger than the high street. They were on about doing a larger range of sizes though.

I did hear someone ask if something would fit a 24, and Hattie said to give it a try. Hmmm. I hate the one size fits all idea. It’s usually one size fits none. I didn’t like the scoop neck on the top, it looks like it would expose just too much flesh for me to be comfortable with.

The scoop neck is too big, definitely need to size down, but then it might be too short, I wouldn't get another. Ellis did say don't size up because the neck will be too big. It might look ok if you have some massive implants that you want to show off!

This relentless down market stuff - cheap clothes/scarves/candles/make-up - must be raking in the cash because the only time I ever see Gemporia getting close to what it has always purported to be about is in the early hours, where they tuck away the less shouty presenters...and the jewellery.
I found myself actually paying attention to Derek presenting a wheel very early this morning. Why on earth they have him tucked away when there's only me and a donkey watching is beyond me, because every time I have flicked on during the day in the recent past, the tat being peddled by over excited people has me switching over. I am sure if they put Derek in a better slot with...gasp...jewellery, there would be more of us sticking with it during the day.

It is like hide and seek - we seek the jewellery, but no sign of it, it is hidden away.
This relentless down market stuff - cheap clothes/scarves/candles/make-up - must be raking in the cash because the only time I ever see Gemporia getting close to what it has always purported to be about is in the early hours, where they tuck away the less shouty presenters...and the jewellery.
I found myself actually paying attention to Derek presenting a wheel very early this morning. Why on earth they have him tucked away when there's only me and a donkey watching is beyond me, because every time I have flicked on during the day in the recent past, the tat being peddled by over excited people has me switching over. I am sure if they put Derek in a better slot with...gasp...jewellery, there would be more of us sticking with it during the day.

I don’t think that it is a question of tucking them away in the wee small hours, I think that these are the shifts they choose to do. Derek was a presenter on TJC for years before he went off to do the Cruise Channel. The person I miss is Drew Nichols. He hasn’t been on in ages.

I don’t think that it is a question of tucking them away in the wee small hours, I think that these are the shifts they choose to do. Derek was a presenter on TJC for years before he went off to do the Cruise Channel. The person I miss is Drew Nichols. He hasn’t been on in ages.
That's such an interesting point Kit. I assumed that they were on commission, so would compete for the spots where there were the most people watching, and I'm surprised that SB doesn't have a greater say in when the better presenters are scheduled. I also remember Alexandra (sorry - can't remember her last name - went to QVC) saying that she resigned because they wouldn't guarantee that she wouldn't be given overnight slots - but you could be right, Derek may have chosen to work in the early hours. Thinking about it - isn't Derek now often found in Drew's old slot? I wonder where he's gone?!

Ah - just took a look at Drew's FB page and he says that he's 'taking a sabbatical from the overnights because it all got a bit hectic' and ' working on other projects'. Doesn't look like he'll be back any time soon...

I absolutely agree. Gemporia is far more appealing during the night when most of us is asleep than it is during the day. I suffered from insomnia a few weeks ago and ended up watching a great deal of Derek's shows. He is by far the best presenter that Gemporia has and, as you say, HeIS, it's a shame he remains a hidden secret to many. I love his calm and collected presenting style!
I noticed Drew's absence and had been wondering what had happened to him, so thanks for clarifying, HeIS!

Yes, Drew was/ is a lovely presenter. Such a shame he hasn't been on and that perhaps he isn't going to be on for quite some time. I do hope they continue to have Derek in his spot rather than a rather loud energetic young woman I caught once and swore never again.

Aww.. I miss Drew. The early-morning boys Jeff, Derek and Drew were far the best presenters. I used to like Jeff's Sister, Alex, a lot to but she went over to QVC - but she was great as well. They've got Dave Troth on at the moment. Must be something that needs a very hard sell from one of the exclusively male, middle-class and stale upper-level presenter/ managers (Dave, Steve. Toby or Jake).

I absolutely agree. Gemporia is far more appealing during the night when most of us is asleep than it is during the day. I suffered from insomnia a few weeks ago and ended up watching a great deal of Derek's shows. He is by far the best presenter that Gemporia has and, as you say, HeIS, it's a shame he remains a hidden secret to many. I love his calm and collected presenting style!
I noticed Drew's absence and had been wondering what had happened to him, so thanks for clarifying, HeIS!
Glad to hear that it's not just me and a donkey watching in the early hours Deasmum! We've got a very beloved, very old, dog who needs to dash outside a couple of times a night and whilst she tends to go straight back to sleep, at the moment it's me, Derek and a cuppa! It's my guilty pleasure whilst the rest of the house is still asleep. :)

I hope SB is reading this thread. Quite a few of us saying how much we prefer the calmer presenters ( they should never have let Alex defect to QVC) and are tuning out when they put the 'Managers' on. I so agree SnowMoon - what's with them all being middle aged men?!

Drew is lovely. I remember many years ago I was on a cruise and he was the cruise director. He was very friendly. I was surprise when I saw him on Gems

Latest posts

Back