Diamonique vermeil price help please - urgent-ish

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

alter ego

Registered Shopper
Can anyone help with an odd problem please?

The 6pm show on the 27th had a bangle that I thought my niece would love for Christmas so I went ahead and ordered it.

It was on an intro price of £44-odd, with 3 easy pays, and came in the usual rhodium (which Q always bangs on about being more expensive), rose and yellow gold. I ordered the rose, which was on waitlist.

I just checked my account and the bangle is showing at no easy pays and £54-odd! I rang CS and was told that only the rhodium one was at the intro price. Checked online, and yes, the two coloured golds are now at the higher price.

I'm a bit miffed as I ordered the on-screen price of £44-odd. CS won't budge, saying that it clearly shows the price change online (which it does), but I've just re-watched the whole show and at no point does it mention any price difference in any of the colours.

What would you do. It says it's in process, but unless it comes in under the £50, it is going over my budget (I'm not being tight, but I've bought her a few other things, just thought this was a nice surprise).

TIA

Do they have the video up for the bracelets? If it shows that all the bracelets where on special intro price hit them with that.

They always say they hold the intro special easy pay etc if you order on the day.

Now the retailer does not have to give at that price if its an error, they can cancel the price and charge the correct price. It they have already taken the money that is different. QVC used to be pretty good when this sort of thing happened in the old days. Not now.

Thanks Donna.

Yes, the video is up - no mention of price difference on that either. Item 652092.

It's really bugging me now as the intro price on th eyellow and rose is only 4p less than the standard price!

I'm still stuck. I'd really like to get it, but asides the price, I'm now really annoyed!

I'd phone customer service and ask them to view the video. If you get nowhere, cancel your order if it's on waitlist. If you can't cancel it, return it for a refund when it arrives. No point tying yourself in knots over this if it's not on easy pay and you don't want to pay the full price in a oner.

Right had a look at the video. Tell CS as mariecat has said to watch the video. It does not give a difference in price for the different colours. Normally the graphics will flash up yellow and rose gold different price. This time it just said the £44+ the whole video and CHuntley never once said a price difference.

Go get them.

Good on you Donna for viewing the video! Big mistake the Q system not mentioning any difference. Looks like you have a case indeed!

Push them hard. I had the exact same thing and it too me three phone calls and an email complaint to sort it. I ordered a Lola Rose bracelet. On screen there was no mention of the fact that the one I ordered, and one other, were at a higher price. I ordered going by what was on screen. If I had checked the website it would have been clear. In my case it helped because LR Nikki actually did say in the presentation that normally two of the choices were at a higher price but not tonight.

My first call got nowhere. They told me I was mistaken. In the second call they agreed I wasn't mistaken but said there was nothing they could do. In the third call got me the bracelet at the lower price. Then the emailed me to say they were sorry for the confusion but I was mistaken. Fortunately the video was still on the website so I emailed back saying I most certainly wasn't mistaken but that I had now been sold the bracelet at the lower price. They emailed again apologising for their confusion and gave me a £10 credit.

I am always persistent but uber nice. And its very rare for me not to get what is fair.

You go girl!! Ask them to review the actual video you watched. They can do that even if its different to what's on the website.

The only thing I can think is the system offered this price as it was live for items in stock, but the system can change things if it's waitlist because that's the 'future', if you know what I mean? However, I think the Q should try to sort this out for you in your favour, given the date and time of your ordering and the video details.

when this one was new the prices were

Silver £55.00 IP £44.88
Rose £60.00 IP £54.96
Yellow £60.00 IP £54.96

& they did say on air when it was brand new that they were having trouble altering the details to show the other prices were higher & they kept stressing that so it looks like they have had this issue for a while but never fixed it

alter, the rose gold and gold overlay jewellery items are all usually same price on TJC, but knowing Q, I'm not surprised they play by other rules. If they didn't mention it throughout the show, that's definitely dodgy in my book - why didn't they - and surely it should be clearly showing the difference highlighted on-screen, too, as well as the presenter stressing it's only one type that's reduced, so can you sock that to them on grounds of misleading customers? I'd always try ringing or e-mailing a second time as well, as 2nd time you might get someone who is willing to help you (some selly telly CS staff are programmed to say "no" whatever you ask).
Can anyone help with an odd problem please?

The 6pm show on the 27th had a bangle that I thought my niece would love for Christmas so I went ahead and ordered it.

It was on an intro price of £44-odd, with 3 easy pays, and came in the usual rhodium (which Q always bangs on about being more expensive), rose and yellow gold. I ordered the rose, which was on waitlist.

I just checked my account and the bangle is showing at no easy pays and £54-odd! I rang CS and was told that only the rhodium one was at the intro price. Checked online, and yes, the two coloured golds are now at the higher price.

I'm a bit miffed as I ordered the on-screen price of £44-odd. CS won't budge, saying that it clearly shows the price change online (which it does), but I've just re-watched the whole show and at no point does it mention any price difference in any of the colours.

What would you do. It says it's in process, but unless it comes in under the £50, it is going over my budget (I'm not being tight, but I've bought her a few other things, just thought this was a nice surprise).

TIA

Well in the video up for the show, CHuntly wears the yellow gold version and shows the others. Never once is a price difference mentioned, as well as the graphics not being fixed, the presenter never noticed and the producer never said anything in her ear.

Well in the video up for the show, CHuntly wears the yellow gold version and shows the others. Never once is a price difference mentioned, as well as the graphics not being fixed, the presenter never noticed and the producer never said anything in her ear.

That's the key. That's exactly what I had. The video did NOT make it clear two of the five or six bracelets were a different price. I had to push but I did get my bracelet at the lower price. And a £10 credit.

It can be done.

That's the key. That's exactly what I had. The video did NOT make it clear two of the five or six bracelets were a different price. I had to push but I did get my bracelet at the lower price. And a £10 credit.

It can be done.

well done you lol

Ask for a pre paid label to return it, it was their fault and false advertising because it wasn't explained properly, after two weeks when you get your refund buy a bracelet from somewhere else, there are some great deals out there with free p&p.

I`d just sack them, full stop. Every problem with QVC entails the customer ( never qvc ) jumping through hoops just to get what they`ve paid for or a decent quick response to a query or problem and most of the problems are actually caused by QVC themselves. How the hell they win awards beats me.
It`s as if they`re doing you a favour when they condescend to correcting a problem and nobody should ever have to battle and fight the way some customers do, just to get a decent service. Naaaah they just aint worth the hassle and sod that for a game of soldiers, peoples money can spend anywhere.
Have a look on Debenhams site and type in rose gold bangle, there`s some nice ones at really good knock down prices and take no notice that they`re not sterling silver plated with rose gold cos I bought 4 of the Jon Richard CZ ones in a sale 4 years ago for my bridesmaids to wear, paid about a tenner each for them and to this day they all still wear them and they all still look good.
http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs...Id=10701&catalogId=10001&txt=rose+gold+bangle

Thanks All.

No joy, I'm afraid. They stated that the price difference was clear on the website, and as I ordered online, I should have noticed.

So I cancelled. And glad I did as the bangles Vienna posted do look rather nice. Thanks, Vienna.

Latest posts

Back