Diamonique vermeil price help please - urgent-ish

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They tried that with me as I ordered on the app!! Devil that. I was ordering on the strength of what I saw on screen. The app is simply a means of ordering and the fact the information differed was their mistake and not mine.

Its tough I know and you do get to the point where you think there's no point. I was lucky. I'm sorry they weren't as fair to you.

Why can't QVC get their act together and ensure that they have consistency?

What is shown on air, what is shown on the website, what is shown on the app, and what information is available for Customer Services to give to customers calling in, these should all be the same.

It's getting to the stage now that you feel you can't buy what you believe you are buying unless you have taken precautions to video the presentation on air for yourself, have taken screen shots of what is on the website (can you do the same with the app???) and record your conversation with Customer Services in order to establish you have their own evidence on your side when things go wrong!

That puts the whole QVC offer in serious jeopardy, in my opinion. Quality, Value, Convenience. They are not living up to a single word on an increasing number of occasions.

To me it seems utterly unbelievable that QVC are willing to lose an order, and potentially a customer and a lot of goodwill, just for the sake of a few quid. Stick with Debenhams - the stuff is good and their service is far better.

To me it seems utterly unbelievable that QVC are willing to lose an order, and potentially a customer and a lot of goodwill, just for the sake of a few quid. Stick with Debenhams - the stuff is good and their service is far better.

Me too - how short-sighted of them. Common sense should have been applied.

Why can't QVC get their act together and ensure that they have consistency?

What is shown on air, what is shown on the website, what is shown on the app, and what information is available for Customer Services to give to customers calling in, these should all be the same.

It's getting to the stage now that you feel you can't buy what you believe you are buying unless you have taken precautions to video the presentation on air for yourself, have taken screen shots of what is on the website (can you do the same with the app???) and record your conversation with Customer Services in order to establish you have their own evidence on your side when things go wrong!

That puts the whole QVC offer in serious jeopardy, in my opinion. Quality, Value, Convenience. They are not living up to a single word on an increasing number of occasions.

That's exactly what I've been doing for over a year - screenshots of orders, especially the free P&P/easy pay ones.

You can take 'screenshots' on an iPhone - just press the power and home buttons together and it'll take a pic which is stored in your photo album. No idea about androids or others, sorry.

Forgot to say I had much the same problem with a OTO a few weeks back for the Bare Minerals Ready Palette with a "neutralising" primer. It CLEARLY states on screen that it's NEUTRALISING, but when it arrived, it wasn't, it was the normal one.

I rang CS and was told I was mistaken. I told them I'd taken screenshots of the video that was CURRENTLY on the website that said neutralising. They came back to me telling me to read the description underneath, which did say normal. I was astounded as I knew it would sell out quickly so I placed my order as soon as it came on the telly. I told CS that I didn't realise I had to read the description each time and what if I didn't have website access. They said I obviously did as that's how I ordered!!! I also mentioned about people with dyslexia and was told that most people with dyslexia wouldn't be ordering off the website.

Gobsmacked. It wasn't worth pursuing as it was a good price and had sold out. Luckily (or oddly enough, depending how you look at it), it was bought as one of my niece's other presents (though I did kind of think of the primer for myself). Now she's having them both as the lucky girl doesn't suffer with redness (yet - she's also an English Rose like I used to be! Maybe if she heeds my nagging about looking after her skin, she'll avoid the problems I have).

Thanks again, Everyone - nice to know you've got my back as well as loads of top advice.

Latest posts

Back