Dirty Clothes

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Itchy

Registered Shopper
:puke: I have just been on the Mary P secret shopper website. I was a bit alarmed to read that people have received clothes from QVC that had been worn, obviously returns. This has probably been discussed before here, but humour me, I haven't seen any comments. I'm not too impressed to hear this. I only buy a few items of clothing a year from QVC, but I don't want someone's smelly returns sent to me. I ordered the last Tiana B TSV which should be delivered any day. It better not have food on it or smell of BO! As its a new dress, hopefully not. Did this happen to any of you and how did QVC handle it? That would be a difficult one to talk your way out of.Thanks.

I have had a used Laura Geller eye rimz sent to me once, I had it on waitlist and was obviously sent a customer return. The Laura Geller envelope had been cut open and the product had finger marks in it. It mainly seems to happen with waitlist items where the returns staff have put the returned product back into stock and then it gets shipped out again.
I try not to have make up on waitlist, being on shopping telly means to get to see new product details before they go on air so we can buy early if we want :)

Oh and QVC were great about it - they apologised and sent a new one straight out plus a prepaid label to return the one I had received.

Last edited:
I once had a Centipede coat sent to me with hairspray stains on it and foundation marks on the collar, they swore blind returns were never sent out but this was gross.

Others have had worse than that, as I'm sure they will tell you...:wait:

I once had a Centipede coat sent to me with hairspray stains on it and foundation marks on the collar, they swore blind returns were never sent out but this was gross.

Others have had worse than that, as I'm sure they will tell you...:wait:

Yuk! Sounds gross to me too. Centipede! - love it!:giggle:

There have been several threads on this subject Itchy - maybe someone who's techy (unlike me) can do a link to them. They make horrifying reading and I certainly never buy anything on waitlist as this appears to be where the most awful ones come from - returns being sent straight back out to people waiting!!!

This said I have never actually received used goods - although come to think of it I don't buy much from qvc these days. You can usually search the internet and get a better deal on it elsewhere - with no p&p!

I have had a used Laura Geller eye rimz sent to me once, I had it on waitlist and was obviously sent a customer return. The Laura Geller envelope had been cut open and the product had finger marks in it. It mainly seems to happen with waitlist items where the returns staff have put the returned product back into stock and then it gets shipped out again.
I try not to have make up on waitlist, being on shopping telly means to get to see new product details before they go on air so we can buy early if we want :)

Oh and QVC were great about it - they apologised and sent a new one straight out plus a prepaid label to return the one I had received.

the reason they probably sent another out straight away is because they knew they were trying it on by sending out shop soiled goods and didnt want you making an issue of it

used items

about two years ago i went on to the qvc site to order a washable pink suede shirt by casual and co as it had been admired by a family member who saw it on air while at my house. i did a search and found that there was a good reduction on this item so ordered the item and also the purple one that was also available in the required size. i thought that these would be great for xmas and a birthday present as person difficult to buy for .

i received both items and checked the pink one to see if the size and quality were ok before giving as a gift, it was and i did .put the other one away for a birthday present for the same person later on in the year. took out the purple one and didnt bother unfolding just wrapped it as i was rushing . when the person opened the gift an went to fit it on i was so shocked to see a 2" hole in the front of the shirt at the bottom. it looked as though it had been washed and this area was snagged as it had a dragged appearance and was all faded around the hole.

i got another present but i didnt bother contacting QVC as i had this item a year and there was no way of proving to the powers that be that i hadnt washed it after purchasing. was an expensive lesson and goes to prove that they do send out damaged/faulty items.

i bought a NON waitlisted supposedly new jacket [ name excapes me at present due to time of day BUT was a sort of TYPE of indigo moon though not that make......maybe something like entice...anyway it was for a wedding.....nearly £90 + p/p & went it arrived i took ot out of the poly bag thinking somewhat crumbpled hey ho a shot of steam will soon blast that right......was umming & arrhhhing over the pink was MUCH MUCH brighter than shown on the listing.....tried it on & shock horror to find some twerp had dribbled all down the front.i rang up not in the best of moods a it wasnt a clearnace item nor for my pension pocket cheap either......although the CS chappie was polite he didnt seem at all suprised about it..............send back with a pre paid label.......yuck

I bought a Joan Rivers bumblebee bracelet as a gift for my sister. I kept hold of it a while waiting for her birthday and when she opened it on the day the bracelet was in pieces in the box. I couldn't understand what had happened there - it appeared to be fine when I received it, because I always check, and it had only sat in a drawer for a while. So much for quality.

I've also received ABC tea tree body wipes that were more than 6 months past their "use by" date. I only noticed because they smelled bad when opened.

I've had K&Co trousers that clearly had been worn before they were sent to me. Back then, I hadn't discovered ST.com and didn't have a clue they might have been another customer's return.

The worst though was a sterling silver ring I bought. I can't remember the range now, but it's no longer sold. It was't cheap and wasn't a bargain basement or anything like that. A nice ring with a polished silver disc as the major feature. At least, I'm sure it was polished when it was received by whoever had it before me. When I got it, it was scratched all over the top and under the shank looked as though it had been abraded with sandpaper. Also, inside the ring were little lumps of what I presume was somebody else's dry skin. It was utterly gross. As expected though, not even an apology from QVC for any of these. And we must just be a tiny portion of affected customers. I wonder how many non-internet buyers have these issues too?

I received a Lighton Denny kit with an empty case that should have had a crystal nail file in it and a cuticle balm with a fingerprint in it. Yuck!

Thanks guys, that all sounds a bit grim. Its the luck of the draw I suppose. Anyway my Tiana B TSV arrived yesterday, pristine and brand new. So now I can go down the pub wearing nice clean acrylic curtains!:happy:

Another piece of rubbish in the post this morning. I bought a Kirk's Folly bracelet I liked the look of and being KF I'd expected something decent. The package hasn't been damaged and the box isn't crushed but the bracelet is in pieces inside. The elastic is shredded and the crystals are rolling around loose in the bag. How does this happen? And how does no one in quality control notice before it gets sent out?

Latest posts

Back