Doll 10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Totally agree. I just don't get the current obsession with yellow based foundation.

Completely agree. Brands and artists can say what they like, but a yellow base does not work for me and my pale cool skin.

It must cut costs in the manufacturing process by using yellow undertones in all of your foundations as they're starting from the same base, I suspect that is behind many brands not catering for cool toned skin properly.

If you're happy with the No7 colour, but not the formulation, you could always look for a similar colour in a different formulation. Get a blob on your hand and trot around the samplers.

I'd still rec samples to wear, though. You never know how your skin will react to different brands.

Trouble is non of the cosmetic houses shades will be the exact same as another brand.

I wore YSL Touche in BR30, brilliant shade on me, then, they decided to reformulate and ad more spf etc. So now though the shade numbers are the same BR30 is far too pale on me and none of the other shades even going up are anywhere near matching me. So I had to wave bye bye to it. So now the nearest is Guerlain no2 or Chanel Beige 20 or By Terry 5 Soft Peach. LOL My favourite at the moment is Le Metier de Beaute Glow in shade 1 which strangely is darker than the shade 2 which is suppose to be for fair skin with pink undertones. Shade 1 is Ivory.

Oh I will had oxygenation(sp), yes the it looks great then actually goes darker when you apply it. Oh it happens I read it quite a lot on MUA. I think that is what is happening with the Le Metier one on me, yes I do use primer.

It's a real nuisance when you think you've finally found the perfect shade in the shop then, when you apply it, it metamorphs you into a satsuma.

Trouble is non of the cosmetic houses shades will be the exact same as another brand.

I wore YSL Touche in BR30, brilliant shade on me, then, they decided to reformulate and ad more spf etc. So now though the shade numbers are the same BR30 is far too pale on me and none of the other shades even going up are anywhere near matching me. So I had to wave bye bye to it. So now the nearest is Guerlain no2 or Chanel Beige 20 or By Terry 5 Soft Peach. LOL My favourite at the moment is Le Metier de Beaute Glow in shade 1 which strangely is darker than the shade 2 which is suppose to be for fair skin with pink undertones. Shade 1 is Ivory.

Oh I will had oxygenation(sp), yes the it looks great then actually goes darker when you apply it. Oh it happens I read it quite a lot on MUA. I think that is what is happening with the Le Metier one on me, yes I do use primer.

I get that with certain brands, too - again, even with primers. I think that if a foundation is going to be prone to oxidising with certain skins it will, regardless of any type of barrier used.

I used to spend hours, nay, days - as well as many pounds - searching for the exact shade. Now I'm older, I seem to be able to get away with not being a true match. As long as the shade is similar and I blend well, I'm getting away with a lot more.

Or I need new glasses!

I've got the same but opposite problem; I've got a pale olivey skin and dark hair/eyes (Scottish and Egyptian heritage) so the counter staff insist I "must" be warm toned. They don't seem to accept that anyone without blonde/red hair and blue/green eyes could be cool toned. Yellow and peachy based foundations look horrendous on me and leave a foundation line, only pink ones work. They just won't hear it, I've got olive tones so I must need yellow... They don't seem to believe that I'm pale either and try to put me in foundations several shades darker that look ridiculous. I actually need the lightest and pinkest foundation in many brands despite my colouring. It's quite frustrating. Fortunately I've got colour matches in various brands now so don't need to ask counter staff for help.

Latest posts

Back