Doll10 TSV 21/07/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I bought light and medium once to compare. I found them both pretty similar didn't really find light lighter just more yellow and so decided medium was best for me as I have a pretty neutral skin tone. My skin is a good match for bareminerals medium beige if this helps anyone.
This is interesting. I watched Doris explaining the shades and the Light is neutral undertone, Medium is yellow undertone. Fair is pink undertone.

The duo of the Conceal It concealer/foundation (i.e. 2 x 12g compacts for £30 plus p&p) is back in stock if anyone wants to stock up. Here!

They usually sell out quickly (mainly to appear on ebay from the usual suspects :mysmilie_19:). The rest of the year it's £20 for one.

New items started appearing on the website as I’m sure Ian posted them in the Beauty Items a while ago

Doll 10 4 Piece Mesmer-Eyes Cosmetics Collection
Introductory Price: £33.48
P&P: £2.95
http://www.qvcuk.com/Doll-10-4-Piec...tml?sc=NVSTNW&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-218994

Doll 10 2 Piece Lip Rouge Collection
QVC Price:£29.50
P&P: £2.95
http://www.qvcuk.com/Doll-10-2-Piec...tml?sc=NVSTNW&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-2-_-218992

Doris is in Germany as we speak but there was no TSV for the German ladies this time.

The duo of the Conceal It concealer/foundation (i.e. 2 x 12g compacts for £30 plus p&p) is back in stock if anyone wants to stock up. Here!

They usually sell out quickly (mainly to appear on ebay from the usual suspects :mysmilie_19:). The rest of the year it's £20 for one.

The usual suspects?
I don't understand how pretty current QVC stuff can be on eBay cheaper than on QVC & equally when I see stuff that's more expensive on eBay I wonder who buys it when it's cheaper on QVC.

Is it stolen stock or something?

There's plenty of ebayers who buy and split TSVs and OTOs perfectly legitimately, though I'm not sure their margins are great. Once an item is hard to find market forces will push up the price as long as there are folk desperate to buy. Much of the non-beauty QVC stuff on ebay used to come from the outlets, probably still does.

I'm not sure whether to buy this tsv; I still have a mountain of foundation to plough through so I might pick up the lippy and blush from ebay in a couple of weeks when the TSV excitement has worn off.

£34.98 + pp, I’m going to hold on and see if it’s on AD.
I’ve ordered and cancelled straight away, forgot to look how much the postage was.

I'm not sure whether to buy this tsv; I still have a mountain of foundation to plough through so I might pick up the lippy and blush from ebay in a couple of weeks when the TSV excitement has worn off.

I'm still undecided too - I wanted to try it last time the foundation & concealer were in a TSV but I missed out. I was determined I was going to buy it when it was first released but now I'm thinking I won't bother because I have loads of make up and I'm waiting for my Laura Geller auto delivery (if that ever gets stock to be dispatched).

May be EZ PAY.
I’d love this as I was thinking of going for the first tree shades. Fair suits me in winter and I have a feeling that the other two shades may suit me in summer. Light may not be a good match as it was said on here that it was yellow and that was the case with last Tarte TSV for me but I won’t know until I tried it.

I really like the aqua-whatsit concealer and foundation, but I've used very little of the concealer because the foundation gives good coverage. I've long since stopped trying to conceal under-eye circles as most concealers just draw attention to them; I just use it to cover my more mature freckles (age spots).

Snap Akimbo, I find concealer pointless as well as both foundation and concealer do the same job and it’s expensive on its own.
I should try in on my freckles as foundation doesn't cover them, may come handy after all.

Marina I apologise as my memory wasn't 100% re Doll 10 foundation.

I was just outside having a cuppa in the garden with my ipad and saw the confusion so popped upstairs and got my doll 10 stash and have swatches in the daylight to get a good look.

Light is pink undertone not yellow I don't have hydrogel in light to test but have hydra fluid and conceal it.

The medium is definitely neutral not yellow it looks peachy but blends in to a good neutral to me. Almost identical to bare neutral serum foundation (bareminerals).

To me light when buffed in is very similar to medium I can wear both easily but I look more washed out in light and need to add colour with bronzer or something to take the edge off the pink.

I apologise to anyone worried about light being yellow it definitely isn't. If you want pink toned go for it but if you are better with neutral definitely go to medium it is not a dark medium.

I have half my hand cover and buffed in with light the other with medium at the moment and tbh it is hard to tell the difference at all.

Having a bit for of a play I would say that the thicker you wear this foundation the more contrast in shade there is. Worn thickly the light is definitely lighter and worn thickly the medium looks darker and more peach. But I'm assuming everyone buffs their foundation these days.

Hope I'm helping and not confusing more, perhaps I should just shut up! Lol

Having a bit for of a play I would say that the thicker you wear this foundation the more contrast in shade there is. Worn thickly the light is definitely lighter and worn thickly the medium looks darker and more peach. But I'm assuming everyone buffs their foundation these days.

Hope I'm helping and not confusing more, perhaps I should just shut up! Lol

Thank you for all the help DunmowDizzy, I think I may give the light a miss or order all the three and make sure I have the right shade in the end.
If Doris doesn't know it's on EP or not it is probably not on AD like it was in the US.

I was hoping we might be able to order this early, as sometimes happens, as I have to be away from home next week for work but it doesn't look as if we'll be able to. Can see it sitting in the recycling bin all week!

It's so annoying when you are away and have no one to take your delivery. I wish Q used those Collection+ points like Amazon do, it's so convenient and my local one open until 11 pm.

Latest posts

Back