Elemis Christmas TSV 12/11/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've been planning to treat myself to some Clarins products in the Black Friday deals.
If you go on the Clarins site today they will have black Friday deals for sure. Much of my Clarins lasts me for such a long time, so I don’t need anything but I will buy a couple of fav items LoL we just love beauty don’t we

Thanks for reminding me, I used Clarins years ago including the facial oils.They smell devine,in fact to me better than anything Elemis.Way back my first visit to Ragdale Hall you could smell them walking down the corridors, that’s nostalgia.

Thank you from me too. I used Clarins from my late 20s through to discovering Gatineau, Elemis and Decleor on QVC in my late 40s. I loved getting a basket of all the items I used, and more, at Christmas from my family and I used to go to Jenners in Edinburgh for an occasional facial. I am going to have a look online today.

I love Clarins Body Serum, it is expensive, and I buy when I get gift voucher. They did a great eye mask, a friend worked for them and gave me a sample Hydra Essential range, but then they changed it to an eye balm and smaller tube. I could use the gentle facial wash and the milk cleaner and toners. But the face creams, facial oil my skin did not like.

There is nothing wrong with other brands but for me Clarins is above and beyond, speaking personally of course it always lives up ro promises, hence the reason I stay with it. On their website you also get freebies to try, some larger freebies are subject to how much you spend, also you get loyalty points meaning you can get full size items. I still have Beauty Flash Balm from four years ago. I currently only have three brown age spots only on my right hand so today I will buy that treatment which I have not used before. Good luck ladies. I don’t have a Spa near me but I used to spoil myself many times over t(e years. The smell is so relaxing.

I have this morning been on the Clarins site, where I spent £79 and also got 3 free samples, plus I increased my loyalty points. One of the things I have thought about recently, I could end up eating my words, although I doubt it, I really don't think we will see a company like Clarins on QVC. They already have a huge following.

I have this morning been on the Clarins site, where I spent £79 and also got 3 free samples, plus I increased my loyalty points. One of the things I have thought about recently, I could end up eating my words, although I doubt it, I really don't think we will see a company like Clarins on QVC. They already have a huge following.
They were and maybe still are on Q in USA.
Donna reminded me about the eye balm, which was a desert island product for me. Of course they discontinued it, and as Donna said... the newer product wasn't as good for my skin. Currently using Origins Eye Doctor.
I also loved the blemish control rollerballs (small in frosted green glass, came as a 2 pack). Super effective but now gone with no direct replacement.
Loved the Extra comfort toner, with vitamin e and hyaluronic acid. Fortunately Clarins have a very similar formulation in their treatment essences.
I loved the serum for very sensitive skin. Tiny bottle but my word was it effective! I think Calm-Essential Restoring treatment oil may be the replacement. I will try it, for sure.
I have found the Clarins skincare ranges very hard to navigate in recent years, having used various products since my mid 20's. I would say it's principally since they brought out My Clarins, aimed for a much younger market, and massively reformulated almost all their traditional ranges to be even more natural. They haven't heard of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"!!
Bodycare seems to have survived... for now.
So having had loads of Clarins faves, I'm now down to just the treatment essences, eau dynamisant, eau ressourçant, and the body products.
I suppose it's inevitable that things move on but it's frustrating that they don't help existing customers navigate to equivalent new ranges and products.
Same with all brands really. Look at the backlash Liz Earle got with instant boost skin tonic!

They were and maybe still are on Q in USA.
Donna reminded me about the eye balm, which was a desert island product for me. Of course they discontinued it, and as Donna said... the newer product wasn't as good for my skin. Currently using Origins Eye Doctor.
I also loved the blemish control rollerballs (small in frosted green glass, came as a 2 pack). Super effective but now gone with no direct replacement.
Loved the Extra comfort toner, with vitamin e and hyaluronic acid. Fortunately Clarins have a very similar formulation in their treatment essences.
I loved the serum for very sensitive skin. Tiny bottle but my word was it effective! I think Calm-Essential Restoring treatment oil may be the replacement. I will try it, for sure.
I have found the Clarins skincare ranges very hard to navigate in recent years, having used various products since my mid 20's. I would say it's principally since they brought out My Clarins, aimed for a much younger market, and massively reformulated almost all their traditional ranges to be even more natural. They haven't heard of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"!!
Bodycare seems to have survived... for now.
So having had loads of Clarins faves, I'm now down to just the treatment essences, eau dynamisant, eau ressourçant, and the body products.
I suppose it's inevitable that things move on but it's frustrating that they don't help existing customers navigate to equivalent new ranges and products.
Same with all brands really. Look at the backlash Liz Earle got with instant boost skin tonic!
I didn’t realize they were on QVC, I certainly never saw it, and very seldom look at QVC US. I live the body products too some of which so far they have kept the same. I love to spray after my shower with any of the sprays, my all time favourite Eau Dynamisant.

A random question that maybe someone can answer: does anyone here make their own face cream or has anyone ever tried doing this? I'm curious about what goes into it.

I didn’t realize they were on QVC, I certainly never saw it, and very seldom look at QVC US. I live the body products too some of which so far they have kept the same. I love to spray after my shower with any of the sprays, my all time favourite Eau Dynamisant.
Yes I like it but when I've not used it for a while it takes a while to stop my head aching when using it.
I used to have a Decleor perfume that was very similar a few years ago.

I loved the Decleor perfume. Hated Eau Dynaimist I even won a full size bottle at a Clarins event once and gave it away. Can I say Clarins do some lovely makeup, a big fan of the serum foundation..

I loved the Decleor perfume. Hated Eau Dynaimist I even won a full size bottle at a Clarins event once and gave it away. Can I say Clarins do some lovely makeup, a big fan of the serum foundation..
That's strange because they both smelled the same on me.🤔

Maybe Clarins wont give the huge discounts or volume that QVC want.

Latest posts

Back