Everything's coming up roses...!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Totally Loopy Lou

Registered Shopper
I would like to give my sister in law a large jar yankee candle for her birthday this month, and bought a trio of floral scented ones from qvc last month or so when they sent me a voucher for £10 off a purchase.

The jar I had in mind for her is Fresh Cut Roses. It looks pretty and I know she likes roses BUT I really hate them (not to look at but the scent in anything - even the classiest beauty product using real rose extract smells awful to me!) so I have no idea whether it's a pleasant smell!! To me the candle smells just as bad as anything rosey and I don't want to give her something cheap and nasty or old-lady smelling, however I have no idea! So could I ask anyone who usually likes rose as a scent, does the jar smell pleasant and/or realistic??!

Thanks for any help! The other option, if it isn't a popular jar, is garden sweet peas which smells lovely to me!

I personally love fresh cut roses, its one of my favourites, to me it smells like roses I've cut fresh from the garden... so if she loves roses she will probably love it as much as me. Hope this helps.

I adore pure clean rose perfumes. Those that smell like sticking your nose in an actual rose and fresh cut roses by yankee does it for me. I love it. Personally I think it smells more like a red rose than a pink rose but that's about the roses I have in my garden. I think she will love it.

I wear rose perfume and just to give you a bit more of a clue my OHs baby sister will walk in to his house and say "Tink's been here, I can smell roses". :eek:)

I'm the opposite, I can't abide fresh Cut Roses, and generally rose scents aren't my first choice, but True Rose by Yankee is, to my nose, a closer to real rose scent. It has a red rose on the jar photo. I don't know if it's still available.

I also like True Rose but to me that doesn't smell like a red rose at all. It smells like a pink rose. Red roses don't always have the strongest fragrance in real life. Not tea roses anyway and both of these are supposedly tea roses.

I am rose obsessed it has to be said. I have something like 25 roses in my small town garden. I know all their names and every single one is fragranced. And they all smell different. From the pure clean Fragrant Delight to the spicy May Queen that fills my garden and my neighbours with fragrance for a month or more in the summer.

Going back to your original post, garden sweet pea is lovely. Another great floral with a green edge is "loves me loves me not".

I love true rose. But my favourite Yankee rose scent is Christmas Rose. But they have discontinued that one I think.

I don`t buy jars anymore, only melts but I know some people say Village Candles smell much better than Yankee these days and Village do a jar candle called Wild rose. I`ve no idea what it smells like.

I think fresh cut roses is a very nice candle, and realistic. I think I am unusual here but I find garden sweet pea totally synthetic and a real disappointment!

I like Fresh cut rose and True rose but not the candles as all I can smell is paraffin. I use them in cupboards and drawers or I use the reed diffusers.

I'm the opposite, I can't abide fresh Cut Roses, and generally rose scents aren't my first choice, but True Rose by Yankee is, to my nose, a closer to real rose scent. It has a red rose on the jar photo. I don't know if it's still available.

Absolutely agree with you. Much, much nicer (and truer to life) to my nose than Fresh Cut Roses.

Thanks so much for all of your responses to this - much appreciated and all really useful...

I think general consensus is a qualified yes so I think I have her birthday sorted once I've made some lemon curd too (special request!)

Latest posts

Back