Expert Guests

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tizzy

Registered Shopper
I just caught the end tail of the showing for Prepology knifes.

Am I imagining it, or did the guest presenter with Craig look suspicously like a presenter from another shopping channel?!

I don't really believe that all the 'expert guests' for one second are geniune experts in their field - more glorified salepeople, but that's got to be scrapping the barrel when they have to wheel out presenters from other channels.

I didn't see the show in question Tizzy but having watched the video, I know who you mean now! No idea what his name is but I always think I have seen him somewhere else too, just can never place him?
I don't watch any of the other shopping channels so wouldn't know if he was a presenter on one of those or not, sorry! He is very familiar though! :33:

No, cant place him BUT you are right, they do drag in presenters from other channels.

Recently I think her name was Dana, from Ideal World, guesting and flogging the Tignanello handbags. So its all very incestuous.

I think he is Simon and he used to be a presenter on a lovely shopping channel, ? Shop ? or something, which unfortunatley closed.

No, cant place him BUT you are right, they do drag in presenters from other channels.

Recently I think her name was Dana, from Ideal World, guesting and flogging the Tignanello handbags. So its all very incestuous.

Was she called Carla?

I just caught the end tail of the showing for Prepology knifes.

Am I imagining it, or did the guest presenter with Craig look suspicously like a presenter from another shopping channel?!

I don't really believe that all the 'expert guests' for one second are geniune experts in their field - more glorified salepeople, but that's got to be scrapping the barrel when they have to wheel out presenters from other channels.

To be fair, they don't always call them 'experts' - often they are just the 'representative' or the 'guest' or 'the face of'.
Most of them (I think, perhaps all of them) have to have a modicum of training before they are allowed on-air. I believe the lovely Dexter Moscow helps train them up.

Was she called Carla?
That's right. It was driving of nuts trying to remember.

I think he is Simon and he used to be a presenter on a lovely shopping channel, ? Shop ? or something, which unfortunatley closed.
Apparently he used to share a flat with Anthony Heywood when they worked at Shop!

He was also on Price Drop or Bid Up.

Re his expertise, I think he said he was a qualified home economist.

I actually really like him as a presenter.

Simon Brown was also on TJC before appearing on QVC.

I'd much rather ogle at diamonds than kitchen equipment personally!

I used to like Shop TV there were some good presenters on there!!

I liked a bloke called Deano.

He was on QVC before he was on Shop!, then on IW. Coincidentally, he was let go by IW at the same time as the aforementioned Carla.

Incestuous. So true!

I often like seeing different faces and guests on there - makes a nice change, but don't like it when they try to push their 'qualifications' when it's not relevant.

Diamonds over coloured knives anyday, my excuse is I just happened to turn over at that time :)

Latest posts

Back