Farewell QVC - You've had your last from me

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wish that I lived within striking distance of a shopping channel outlet store! They're all based in the North...it's not fair. I QVC is presented from London, so one would think they'd want to open a store a bit nearer. Ok, I don't fancy buying manky used bedlinen, but I'm sure I'd find some real bargains I'd like!

I live in your area and was told there is one in Portsmouth.

I live in your area and was told there is one in Portsmouth.

I know Portsmouth fairly well, as far as I know there isn't one there. There's a Marks n' Sparks outlet store at Gunwharf, but nothing shopping channel related..never mind!

We were in the U.K. in October and had to got to a conference in Manchester before going up to Tyneside where the family are.I persuaded OH to go via the outlet store at Warrington and was bursting with excitement. Alas, we were unlucky. I've rarely seen such a pile of old tat all gathered together in one place.I'm sure there are days when you can get lucky and indeed there was plenty of pristine looking NN stuff, but I dislike it so that was no help.
The craft supplies were split and spilling all over the shelves and floor. OH left me there to browse for an hour while he went to look at geeky computery stuff and I was soooo bored. Most of the clothes were not only disgustingly creased and dirty but I didn't recognise them as QVC stock. The jewellery part at the back was heaving with customers but I don't wear gold and precious stones and there wasn't much else. I was very disappointed.

Isn't this just like buying something then later seeing it in a sale with a substantial reduction?

We have threads on here complaining about returned goods being sold again and in my experience a lot of stuff in the outlet shop is returns.

However I have seen NN items that look like they have never been unpacked, as I'm sure you couldn't repack them so neatly, and I'm surprised they aren't resold in the normal way.

The price at the outlet shop doesn't mean the mark ups are any bigger than any other retailer. If they have thousands of an item that they want to sell then they have to reduce to the price to a point where they will sell, even if that means making a loss, as getting something for the goods and freeing up warehouse space is better than keeping them.

Yep, I get your point, but the brand new duvet sets that I paid a pittance for are still current and in the last NN show at over £100 and none of the sale or online reductions are early as good which is a shame for the people who cant get to the shops. Totally agree about the brand new unpacked items in the shop as my sets were, I was very surprised to see so many unopened packs. Someone once said that QVC had a ebay shop but I have never found it.

One thing that stuck in my mind about the last time I was there was that there were around 10 footsoak/massagers at the doorway of the Warrington shop and one lady put the whole lot in her basket and went to the checkout :mysmilie_701:!

Agree with the FM who said its not worth a special journey but worth a look if you are nearby.

I know Portsmouth fairly well, as far as I know there isn't one there. There's a Marks n' Sparks outlet store at Gunwharf, but nothing shopping channel related..never mind!

We can but hope:mysmilie_698:

Yep, I get your point, but the brand new duvet sets that I paid a pittance for are still current and in the last NN show at over £100 and none of the sale or online reductions are early as good which is a shame for the people who cant get to the shops. Totally agree about the brand new unpacked items in the shop as my sets were, I was very surprised to see so many unopened packs. Someone once said that QVC had a ebay shop but I have never found it.

One thing that stuck in my mind about the last time I was there was that there were around 10 footsoak/massagers at the doorway of the Warrington shop and one lady put the whole lot in her basket and went to the checkout :mysmilie_701:!

Agree with the FM who said its not worth a special journey but worth a look if you are nearby.

I suppose if they offer a massive deduction on something like NN on television they are changing viewers' perception of the product. They are always telling us how great it is but if they gave a huge discount that would make me wonder if it wasn't really as good as they claim.

I wonder if the footspas ended up on that well known auction site. Sometimes they do have restrictions on how many of an item you can buy e.g. three pairs of footwear per person per day.

I suppose if they offer a massive deduction on something like NN on television they are changing viewers' perception of the product. They are always telling us how great it is but if they gave a huge discount that would make me wonder if it wasn't really as good as they claim.

I wonder if the footspas ended up on that well known auction site. Sometimes they do have restrictions on how many of an item you can buy e.g. three pairs of footwear per person per day.

I was wondering that too BB though they werent in boxes or anything.

There was also a group of impeccably dressed women there too sorting through the clothes and I got the impression it was to sell on.........not one of them had QVC fashion on!!!

As you say, there was a big sign above the clothing rails stating that they were limited as to how many they could buy per day so the ladies were trying to decide what to take. Didnt see any number restrictions on other items there unless I missed it.

Bet

I wish that I lived within striking distance of a shopping channel outlet store! They're all based in the North...it's not fair. I QVC is presented from London, so one would think they'd want to open a store a bit nearer. Ok, I don't fancy buying manky used bedlinen, but I'm sure I'd find some real bargains I'd like!

Sorry; time in mem.... :mysmilie_81: london to warrington daytrip Inverness to Warrington ............... long weekend

Scotland is longer than the whole of England; I live 230miles north of the border and 220 miles south of Lands end; errrrrrrrrrr ouchhhh Warrington is a plane trip away; Shrewburys is a weeks holiday; shut the f***-up about how far to go to a QVC outlet; and the postage; ermmmmmmmmm sooo much cheaper than a plane fare :mysmilie_11:

from where I live a round trip of 150 would be a big girliee day out

Sorry; time in mem.... :mysmilie_81: london to warrington daytrip Inverness to Warrington ............... long weekend

Scotland is longer than the whole of England; I live 230miles north of the border and 220 miles south of Lands end; errrrrrrrrrr ouchhhh Warrington is a plane trip away; Shrewburys is a weeks holiday; shut the f***-up about how far to go to a QVC outlet; and the postage; ermmmmmmmmm sooo much cheaper than a plane fare :mysmilie_11:

from where I live a round trip of 150 would be a big girliee day out

So where do you live then? I can't quite make out.

ermm I live 45 miles north of Aberdeen; 70 miles south of Inverness; Newcastle isn't north; and Warrington, is hardly "Midlands" and most of us watch people south of our border think that Glasgow to Aberdeen is about 30 miles instead of 200+

I have a sister who thinks that Scotch Corner is near Scotland; and that Scotland is a county; whereas I live north of Aberdeen (230miles north of the border), and a good 150 miles south of John A'Grotes

Scotland isn't a county; and we soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo get fed up of ................

I live up a single track road, I've had so much snow that my husband has a couple of farm buildings flattererned; down, buggered; for us John Lewis is a 90mile round trip so QVC postal charges are whhaaayyyy cheaper than driving; oh and getting home has been hands/knees on the ice; literally, just once, but then I have a freezer, so why would I have gone out unless!!!!

My closest John Lewis is a 120 mile round trip so I understand how you feel! I was just puzzled in the previous post when you said "I live 230miles north of the border and 220 miles south of Lands end"!!

I don't think qvc have an ebay shop - but its very obvious that those who live very close to these outlets are certainly making a mint on ebay!

ermm I live 45 miles north of Aberdeen; 70 miles south of Inverness; Newcastle isn't north; and Warrington, is hardly "Midlands" and most of us watch people south of our border think that Glasgow to Aberdeen is about 30 miles instead of 200+

I have a sister who thinks that Scotch Corner is near Scotland; and that Scotland is a county; whereas I live north of Aberdeen (230miles north of the border), and a good 150 miles south of John A'Grotes

Scotland isn't a county; and we soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo get fed up of ................

I live up a single track road, I've had so much snow that my husband has a couple of farm buildings flattererned; down, buggered; for us John Lewis is a 90mile round trip so QVC postal charges are whhaaayyyy cheaper than driving; oh and getting home has been hands/knees on the ice; literally, just once, but then I have a freezer, so why would I have gone out unless!!!!

I know where Aberdeen is - I've even been there! I have cousins in Glasgow and my great-grandfather came from Strathmiglo in Fife - which I know is a long way from Aberdeen but my Nana used to visit Ballater to visit relatives in the 1920s and I know that's a lot nearer!
Living in Derbyshire I get the opposite problem - people either think I live on top of a mountain (we don't actually have mountains here - hills yes, but I don't even live on one of those!) or they think (particularly if they are from the US) they think we are in the suburbs of Liverpool!

I don't think qvc have an ebay shop - but its very obvious that those who live very close to these outlets are certainly making a mint on ebay!

I did once buy a top from one such seller,,,when it came it clearly had a fault in the pattern....so beware...no returns unlike QVC

Last time I went to Warrington most of the stuff was manky..Birkenstocks with feet marks in them,used bedding with pilling on.They were even selling a half burnt Yankee candle!
I am sure there are some bargains but it put me off seeing all the tat.

ugh Lemonsqueezy, poor you for seeing Birkys with feet marks in them, bet you wanted to puke :mysmilie_374:

Latest posts

Back