Fit of pique, TIME OUt for Q

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

K

Kat73

Guest Shopper
I am hot headed. I get things off my chest and then calm down. I am used to dealing with a toddler. QVC has been behaving like a naughty toddler for a while now and I have finally had it with them.

I broke my new year resolution not to buy more really quickly, all for a bobbi brown set with a gel eyeliner and double ended little brush that matches my other bobbi brown brushes in my handbag. Why do I want to close my account you may wonder. No, I have not had THE letter. I have just had another of my POSITIVE reviews rejected and I swear there was NOTHING that breached their conditions. As I have said before I have read LOADs of other reviews that mention other products. And they don't get rejected. I was positive about the other product I referred to! It has happened to me once too often and I am cross because I took the time to do it, and like many others on here I have spent thousands over the last 10 years.

I am exactly the demographic they don't want to lose. Thirty something professional woman, with some disposable income to spare ( and a credit card) on maternity leave, who likes beauty products and handbags. Well they have lost my business, for what it is worth. I packed up the last two items I have bought and marched ( if you can " march" with a double buggy!) to the post office and returned them, not the Moringa balm, I am keeping that, and will purchase it elsewhere in future. I will buy my Liz Earle elsewhere. I already buy Kipling from Amazon and Laura Geller from eBay. The only thing I will miss is Northern Nights, but how much bedding does a person need? And they have stopped selling the other. Rands I like. Once my refunds are paid I will phone and close my account because I have just had enough of being made to feel like they don't value my custom at all. From the interesting things I read on here I think their customer service has a lot to be desired. Can't believe it was award winning.

Deep breaths Kat! Deep breaths.

We've had threads on this before.
I posted one about how ticked off I was when I returned Judith Williams Luxury Diamond Collagen Pen & left a comment that it made my eyes puff up.
My review contravened something or other - BUT IT DIDN'T.
I got ticked off with James of Customer Services as well.
Now I just don't leave reviews.

Use them.
Don't cut your nose off to spite .... them.

Understand your frustration but just don't take rejected reviews personally, use Q to your advantage, EP's, 30 day MBG, just have it as a standby option. Their review system will dwindle with their twitchy attitude and become worthless, if it hasn't already!

I often wonder about the reviews. have often cancelled items I have on cheque hold because of poor reviews, but find so many rave reviews for one particular product with very few criticising hard to believe. tub of salt required.

Thanks both of you. I get my knickers in a twist, shoot from the hip and end up calming down eventually. I liked that lip gloss as well! Lol. But the zip on the bag was broken and the berry blush was too dark, and has parabens in! So money best in my pocket. And I really didn't need the ethereal spackle. The regular one is just fine and still 3/4 full!

Even though I don't always agree with some of the posts on here I do enjoy this forum and am grateful for the info I get on here.

Obviously you're ticked off but I personally don't care if they use my reviews or not. I don't use the widget that let's you know if my review has been used or not. If I'm feeling in the mood I'll do a review but if I'm not I don't bother.

Oddly though I do like to read reviews. Contrary ain't I?

I have never had a review rejected!!!!:wonder: No idea why, I just stick to the facts and my opinion, don't mention other brands or products to compare. Even review items I have not actually bought from QVC but do own. Last one was L'Artisan Parfumeur Drole de Rose. Described it as feminine and elegant and it was all about the roses and violets.

yep some of my reviews are rejected and others not. i have no idea why. also some of my product answers are rejected.

I haven`t had any rejected but have critised giving one star quite a lot ...do you think they `manage` the star system therefore those accepted are just fulfillng a quota? Makes you think doesn`t it?

Deep breaths Kat! Deep breaths.

We've had threads on this before.
I posted one about how ticked off I was when I returned Judith Williams Luxury Diamond Collagen Pen & left a comment that it made my eyes puff up.
My review contravened something or other - BUT IT DIDN'T.
I got ticked off with James of Customer Services as well.
Now I just don't leave reviews.

Use them.
Don't cut your nose off to spite .... them

totally agree. they are using the reviews to sell product - just dont contribute, youre just putting money in their pockets.
As minim says, use them - have the discounted kits and tsv's from your favourite brands where its a genuine deal that you couldnt get elsewhere. Use the 30 day to terst things in the way they suggest without being silly about it.

i make DAMNED sure i get my moneys worth with QVC. there are "ways and means" of evening things such as the extorniate P&P out *large wink*.

I've never bothered to write a review on anything that I've purchased
but I do read what others have written but I do bear in mind usually the good far out weighs the bad ones so I make up my own mind and think its got the mbg.

I've had some rejected. It tees me off at the time But couldn't care less really.

Use them. I know I do.:tongue:

I've also never had a review rejected and I've left some real stinkers. I've seen threads on here before that are suspicious of Q's claims that the reviews are dealt with by an outside company because the negative ones have been rejected. There have been quite a few occasions where I haven't bought an item because of the negative reviews, so they certainly do get through. This is the first time though that I've seen an angry thread about a rejection of a positive one!

Maybe I'm on some kind of blacklist!!!! What on earth have I done wrong other than spend loads of money with them!

It's really strange, the way their reviews are used and some being rejected for no apparent reason. I do read reviews, but I've yet to make one! Don't think I will ever do one for Q, I tend to take the ones I've read 'lightly', I certainly don't buy something based purely on good reviews, I look elsewhere as well for other comments etc, facebook, etc, etc. I only buy TSVs normally, mainly kits and of course when there's a 'free P&P' day and Easy Pays or whatever. Basically I don't trust the way they manage their review system!

Last edited:
I had a review rejected yesterday. I stated that in my opinion the item wasn't of merchantable quality, agreeing with many previous reviews on the same product. I also suggested that QVC may like to take a look at the problems. Apparently this didn't meet their guidelines:)

Maybe I'm on some kind of blacklist!!!! What on earth have I done wrong other than spend loads of money with them!

Don't take it personally.

I had some fun in tormenting James from Customer Services for a while, pushing him for an explanation as to why my review was rejected. Poor boy's last communication was gaga. Wish I'd kept it.

Anyway, do we care?
NO!

You folks have really calmed me down, thanks. I just won't waste my time writing any more reviews

Latest posts

Back