Garden Pick of the Month

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I bought 2 planters from AldI £6:99 each.I have had 2 of the same before but 1 now has some of the top finish peeling off but nothing drastic & still usable.I saw some at a local garden centre & was nearly prepared to pay over £30 each.The Aldi ones look like ceramic, no fancy patterns on them just what I want.Cheers for Aldi!!
can't go wrong with most of Aldi garden stuff imo. I always buy bedding plants there, but only when they are fresh in the store! The plants aren't cared for in my local! They were £1.79 for the plug plants, I've never had any failures. The lobelia inparticular is always a brilliant buy.

I bought two euphorbia plants from B&M a couple of years ago. They were good sized plants and were about £6. They’re now beautiful, having grown in height and width, and have filled what was an empty space in the flower bed. The bonus is that they’re evergreen plants. They’re unaffected by frost and although the weight of the recent snow did cause them to bend over they have recovered and are now upright again.

I do like the offerings that Ken from Plants2gardens brings as they are usually good sized plants and I can’t be bothered to faff about with seedlings or plug plants. But I tend to buy plants from places like B&M, Lidl and Home Bargains etc.

Think i will stick with miracle grow 1.2 KG for £6
Between me and my mum we have been using miracle grow for decades. At the end of the garden season I buy loads for the following year for huge reductions in price. They also do a feed for ericaceous plants. I cant complain

I used to use miracle grow before I changed to flower power. I did see a difference with FP, things just grew much better. We're in Scotland so maybe we need more of a helping hand. I like RJ's weedkiller too but it's wildly expensive. It does kill weeds overnight, just as he claims. I will check out Aldi's plants though. I was in Home Bargains at the weekend and I could have gone wild in their gardening bit. Their planters are insanely cheap.

CC

B&Q, Homebase,
Morrisons, Aldi and Asda do wonderful bedding. The most expensive in 3 inch pots that cost around £1.00 each and ready top plant out. Not always the most rare or fancy varieties but tried and rested vfm.

I’m a tomato feed girl for all flowering plants, plus the occasional bucket of Miracid for the ericaceous shrubs. I’m in East Anglia though, very mild climate.
I was pleased to get the tip on using tomato feed for flowering plants. I've bought a bottle of it, and hope for good results. I've had success with dry bone blood and fish fertilizer from Amazon. Lucky you to live in beautiful Norfolk (or maybe Suffolk).

Latest posts

Back