Gemporia still sinking

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was amazed to find Ernest Jones jewellers selling half a carat of I2/I3 diamonds in a cluster in nine carat gold and wanting over £1.000 for it. It really does pay to do some research before buying from the high street.

Looking at the supposedly Blue jadeite from Guatemala and I can’t see anything blue about it. When they show it on the vt it looks absolutely nothing like the actual stuff which is snot green in natural light. Or is that just me? They’re praising David Harry Jewels but not mentioning that it’s Dave’s company.

Looking at the supposedly Blue jadeite from Guatemala and I can’t see anything blue about it. When they show it on the vt it looks absolutely nothing like the actual stuff which is snot green in natural light. Or is that just me? They’re praising David Harry Jewels but not mentioning that it’s Dave’s company.
I think they expect everyone knows who David Harry Jewels are by now. I remember the long and boring discussions on it when he first launched the Queen Conch pieces. Also, everything in those light boxes looks much better, than when on the presenter’s hand. Sometimes it doesn’t even look like the same piece.

Looking at the supposedly Blue jadeite from Guatemala and I can’t see anything blue about it.
I've been saying this for a while on here. The 'Dove Blue' Jadeite is, at best, a weak grey or off-white.

They also sell supposedly strands of 'Pink' Jadeite on Jewellery Maker - but the strands have a pink cord running through them. When they're taken off the cord, they're white. I know of at least two people that have sent them back - plus there's been complaints about them on their FB page.

It's basically poor Jadeite that is off-white in colour, and they're tenuously trying to link a slight colour to it.

Trading Standards need to be all over this. Its a shambles.

Apparently these are white, green and lavender.

They're all a s**tty off-white colour.

Whoever grades crap is either colour blind, totally deluded or opportunistic.

A.JPG
B.JPG
C.JPG

I know I would pay a premium in the JQ for their 'experience' but on the surface this seems such a great deal ? I cant find this but the one I mentioned but higher weight than I though

Currently on TJC website a 950 platinum band ring, 7.06 grams for £663.99.

So deals are there unless quality is not as advertised

Last edited:
IS everyone ready for this evening. Three hours of ProLife CBD (do you think that they regret choosing that name for the brand?) If all goes as previously the Gemporia prices will match those on the ProLife website. So my predictions:
ProLife 800mg 8% CBD & MCT Coconut Oil - 10ml
£69.99 Regular price
£49.99 Sale price

ProLife 2000mg 20% CBD & MCT Coconut Oil – 10ml
£139.99 Regular price
£99.99 Sale price

ProLife 3000mg 10% CBD & MCT Coconut Oil – 30ml - SOLD OUT on the ProLife site!
£219.00 Regular price
£139.99 Sale price

CBD HAND CREAM WITH AMBER 100MG
£49.99 Regular price
£19.99 Sale price

Happy shopping!!

Angeline has just now been showing a photo of an empty stall at a trade fair as ‘ The Reality’ of today’s pearl market. Listening to her it’s all doom and gloom and she actually said the words, we told you so. She’s shown the photo multiple times within a few minutes so as to drive home the point that pearl prices have gone up. This is the absolute worst type of marketing of all, manipulative to the target audience and driving the high pressure selling. Sick of it. She’s acting as if pearls are becoming rare which isn’t true.

Angeline has just now been showing a photo of an empty stall at a trade fair as ‘ The Reality’ of today’s pearl market. Listening to her it’s all doom and gloom and she actually said the words, we told you so. She’s shown the photo multiple times within a few minutes so as to drive home the point that pearl prices have gone up. This is the absolute worst type of marketing of all, manipulative to the target audience and driving the high pressure selling. Sick of it. She’s acting as if pearls are becoming rare which isn’t true.

are oysters dying out or something because missed that and of course got lab grown ones as well

Oh gawd, not this old chestnut again. When Charlie Baron was on it used to be relentless, but obviously she has now become the Charlotte Baron of Gemporia. Let me guess: the oysters are now so sunk in the mud that there's no possibility of digging them out, plus buyers from China/The Canary Islands/West Bromwich or Macclesfield are buying them up, so you've all had it. You're all DOOMED, I say, doomed......

Kimbie comes from kimberlite, the host matrix rock for diamonds 💎 I wish it wasn't plastered all over the stuff though.
I see, today, that gemstone carvings AND an amethyst geode are now slapped with the Kimbie name. I ask ya. Carvings? Maybe, but a natural rock as it came out the ground? I think that's a bit daft.

I see, today, that gemstone carvings AND an amethyst geode are now slapped with the Kimbie name. I ask ya. Carvings? Maybe, but a natural rock as it came out the ground? I think that's a bit daft.
What's even sillier is asking £199 for quite a naiive carving of a tiger. (And I thought that the "King of Beasts" was a lion? 🤔)

What's even sillier is asking £199 for quite a naiive carving of a tiger. (And I thought that the "King of Beasts" was a lion? 🤔)
You saying that, ignoring the stone being tiger's eye, ignoring the vague stripes, I thought it looked more like a lion.

I purchased the Kimbie charm bracelet and some charms. Underwhelmed. Packed and ready to post back.

I purchased the Kimbie charm bracelet and some charms. Underwhelmed. Packed and ready to post back.
Can't say I'm overly surprised. Yes, it was a free sample, so doesn't really count, unless you bought the larger version, but I mentioned the tea-light I got, somewhere else, here. :p

I've been on the look out for a nice big cat mineral carving for a member of this forum. There is one I've found which is streets ahead of the Kimbie effort. Wholesale only, sadly. Still looking.

Latest posts

Back