General Banter and Random Musings

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They had an air fryer on for £25, albeit a slightly smaller one. Decent price, unlike IW selling one for £60, pretending it's a bargain when a quick Google tells you a comparable one can be had for 50% less.

So some credit where it's due.
They had a chuckle with that yesterday as the TJC Comparsion was £79.99

I watched a few minutes of this earlier on. I don't like to get too critical when something is just getting off the ground, I know how expensive it is and time consuming to get a channel off the ground. So I genuinely wish them well. It isn't breaking the mould but hopefully less of the absolute menacing behaviour with prices that current Ideal World are coming off with

I'm impressed by this new channel, the presentations are good, in a nice studio with good quality cameras. Most of the presenters we've all seen before, but they are certainly a lot easier on the ear than that lot on IW. We don't need people like Saint Sally screeeetching at us, or Pervy Pete making inappropriate innuendos or Market Mike making false claims, all I hope is those 3 stay where they are, someone somewhere must like them, I know where I will spending my cash.

I'm impressed by this new channel, the presentations are good, in a nice studio with good quality cameras. Most of the presenters we've all seen before, but they are certainly a lot easier on the ear than that lot on IW. We don't need people like Saint Sally screeeetching at us, or Pervy Pete making inappropriate innuendos or Market Mike making false claims, all I hope is those 3 stay where they are, someone somewhere must like them, I know where I will spending my cash.
And the presenters we do know, are coming across totally different

Thanks everyone - it’s been a looooong week but lots of fun. Bear with us as we have lots of new products coming as well, we can’t get everything on immediately because we are small and growing and that will show over the next few weeks and months. But we are listening, we take on board comments and Dukes point about the mattress earlier was totally valid and I now include that in all of the shows I will have with the mattress. We want to be fun, interactive and not a hard sell.
One more mattress show for me then a couple of days rest with the kids. (If that exists! 😂😂) Have a good weekend 😊👍

Oh, that's disappointing.

A nepo hire related to Ellis isn't exactly encouraging either given Ellis' sales techniques have gotten her ASA reprimands (she also hate-reads this forum as she apparently likes to take a pop at it on air - I'd tell her to chill out with some of those plastic crystals and scent diffusers she's always flogging at UNBELIEVABLE prices, but I know she knows they're tat).

To be fair to Millie, she's totally different to her mum. She's quite calm, doesn't turn on the theatrics or hard sell, and just cracks on with some useful knowledge.

Ellis is hard sell central these days.

Thanks everyone - it’s been a looooong week but lots of fun. Bear with us as we have lots of new products coming as well, we can’t get everything on immediately because we are small and growing and that will show over the next few weeks and months. But we are listening, we take on board comments and Dukes point about the mattress earlier was totally valid and I now include that in all of the shows I will have with the mattress. We want to be fun, interactive and not a hard sell.
One more mattress show for me then a couple of days rest with the kids. (If that exists! 😂😂) Have a good weekend 😊👍
Looking good so far, really good to see Shona again not a fan of Mark. Maybe you could also rescue some other IW presenters well Heather and Rob, leave the rest where they are hehe

And it was all going so well…

Mr There, There, There and nepo-hire giving it all the “exclusive, rare, high-end” timepiece spiel from Duxot. Should be £400, £600… Swiss heritage… - it’s a Dartmouth mushroom brand now, watches made in China 🤪 …they’re picked out of a catalog and a Duxot logo slapped on them. You can buy them with out logos for ~£40 on AliExpress.

Edit; must be watching, Mr There, There, There just clarified Duxot (1946) went defunct and “we brought it back” to continue the style, etc.

If you’re happy to keep name dropping Switzerland despite no real connection anymore, do feel free to name drop the country these watches are made in which is, arguably, rather important information for “collectors”….

Especially since nepo keeps gasping about how it should be £600 and Jonathan's got them such an amazing deal… 🥱

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back