General Banter and Random Musings

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

And it was all going so well…

Mr There, There, There and nepo-hire giving it all the “exclusive, rare, high-end” timepiece spiel from Duxot. Should be £400, £600… Swiss heritage… - it’s a Dartmouth mushroom brand now, watches made in China 🤪

Edit; must be watching, Mr There, There, There just clarified Duxot (1946) went defunct and “we brought it back” to continue the style, etc.

If you’re happy to keep name dropping Switzerland despite no real connection anymore, do feel free to name drop the country these watches are made in.
I know they were reading this thread earlier

Mr There, There, There and nepo-hire giving it all the “exclusive, rare, high-end” timepiece spiel from Duxot. Should be £400, £600… Swiss heritage… - it’s a Dartmouth mushroom brand now, watches made in China 🤪 …they’re picked out of a catalog and a Duxot logo slapped on them. You can buy them with out logos for ~£40 on AliExpress.

Edit; must be watching, Mr There, There, There just clarified Duxot (1946) went defunct and “we brought it back” to continue the style, etc.

If you’re happy to keep name dropping Switzerland despite no real connection anymore, do feel free to name drop the country these watches are made in which is, arguably, rather important information for “collectors”….

Especially since nepo keeps gasping about how it should be £600 and Jonathan's got them such an amazing deal… 🥱
I didn’t realise the watches aren’t actual,Branded Watches if so that is poor, Why they have this joke guest on, after being so good for 3 days, hopefully this is a one off

I don't know about you, but I have a surfeit of pineapples, always have lots of pineapples in the house, every time I go out I seem to return home with a pineapple here, another one in the bag there, another one in a delivery, one on the doorstep, not to mention the pineapple tree in the garden.

🍍 🍍 🍍 🍍 🍍 🍍 🍍 🍍

It seems behind the scenes they are reading this thread
I their time would be better spent finding a larger range of products and updating their TV Guide so people have some idea of what is coming up.

I didn’t realise the watches aren’t actual,Branded Watches if so that is poor, Why they have this joke guest on, after being so good for 3 days, hopefully this is a one off
I'd get use to this as they are banking on watches being their big cash maker.

I their time would be better spent finding a larger range of products and updating their TV Guide so people have some idea of what is coming up.

I'd get use to this as they are banking on watches being their big cash maker.
Thanks Peter/Rob/Andy... 😜

Insider you might have some insight into this - if Shop Extra flopped selling, basically, the same products, same presenters, same presentation style, and, unrelated but thematically neat, the same set - what is the likelihood of Seen Before on TV succeeding ?

Is it simply: shop extra made money, just not enough to justify the effort? Or it made next to no money? Is Simon able to do replicate it with, seemingly, fewer resources thus what constitutes a success/return for him is different to what Hochanda (?) were needing from Flop Extra?

I’m surprised how people can turn on a channel over just one show

I don’t think people have turned on the channel over one show. I haven’t. In so much as I can turn on a channel I’ve no skin in. I’m just critiquing the watch show. Same ways I would if it was on Ideal World, or TJC.

The pillows with Alex earlier was really refreshingly honest. Even tempted to buy some - but I’d need to buy a few more beds to make use of them! 😂

You seem quite emotionally invested in this new channel but don’t be too sensitive to any missives that crop up. Criticism is fair in my mind. The watch show was a carbon clone of the same dubious, fact-lite, plea to heritage/inferred value tactics Ideal World use.

I don’t think people have turned on the channel over one show. I haven’t. In so much as I can turn on a channel I’ve no skin in. I’m just critiquing the watch show. Same ways I would if it was on Ideal World, or TJC.

You seem quite emotionally invested in this new channel which is great, but try not to be too sensitive to any missives. Criticism is fair in my mind. The watch show was a carbon clone of the same dubious, fact-lite, plea to heritage/inferred value tactics Ideal World use.
I have Autism traits following on from a Stroke I had as a teenager.

And stuff I like, and when the company are being open, I find something being criticised difficult, I get these kinda thoughts all the time. Sorry if that doesn’t make sense

I have Autism traits following on from a Stroke I had as a teenager.

And stuff I like, and when the company are being open, I find something being criticised difficult, I get these kinda thoughts all the time. Sorry if that doesn’t make sense

Sorry to hear about the stroke, but the Autism traits perhaps help me understand your comments a bit better, though. I didn’t mean to be curt in my response, just try and reassure you that if you see me criticising it’s from (what feels) an objective place.

I enjoy selly telly, and I buy from selly telly, and seeing selly telly done right and viewers treated as humans not gullible idiots - and old people not being conned into buying supposed “heirlooms” on the basis of a backstory that is not related to the product they’re buying (i.e., watches) - is something I’d like to see more of.

You’ll notice there were few criticisms of Kevski with Vostok Europe the other night on the same channel. Because, on the whole, those are watches with a real backstory, provenance, following, are made where they say, and do have resale value etc.

Not a resurrected defunct brand with someone else using that heritage to flog Far Eastern timepieces - nothing wrong with those in general, if you’re paying what they’re worth, which is sub £100 - under the illusion of prestige, Swiss, one off, super rare, worth five figures but yours for £249, pass it on to the grandkids, etc.

Sorry to hear about the stroke, but the Autism traits perhaps help me understand your comments a bit better, though. I didn’t mean to be curt in my response, just try and reassure you that if you see me criticising it’s from (what feels) an objective place.

I enjoy selly telly, and I buy from selly telly, and seeing selly telly done right and viewers treated as humans not gullible idiots - and old people not being conned into buying supposed “heirlooms” on the basis of a backstory that is not related to the product they’re buying (i.e., watches) - is something I’d like to see more of.

You’ll notice there were few criticisms of Kevski with Vostok Europe the other night on the same channel. Because, on the whole, those are watches with a real backstory, provenance, following, are made where they say, and do have resale value etc.

Not a resurrected defunct brand with someone else using that heritage to flog Far Eastern timepieces - nothing wrong with those in general, if you’re paying what they’re worth, which is sub £100 - under the illusion of prestige, Swiss, one off, super rare, worth five figures but yours for £249, pass it on to the grandkids, etc.
The watches do confuse me, especially that those watches he sold tonight, were just cheapo ones, and have some Name put on them why

Mr There, There, There and nepo-hire giving it all the “exclusive, rare, high-end” timepiece spiel from Duxot. Should be £400, £600… Swiss heritage… - it’s a Dartmouth mushroom brand now, watches made in China 🤪 …they’re picked out of a catalog and a Duxot logo slapped on them. You can buy them with out logos for ~£40 on AliExpress.

If you’re happy to keep name dropping Switzerland despite no real connection anymore, do feel free to name drop the country these watches are made in which is, arguably, rather important information for “collectors”….

Especially since nepo keeps gasping about how it should be £600 and Jonathan's got them such an amazing deal… 🥱

Dartmouth Brands is just the subsidiary set up for marketing and distribution purposes, they don't actually own the brands.

He'll never reveal on air who "we" are or their location, he'll mention every irrelevant country under the sun but will never mention the owner is Solar Time Ltd, Kowloon, Hong Kong and 99% of the watches (apart from a few specials) are made in China.

I noticed weight means quality garbage was being spouted again.

Oh i see the blue Duxot has an RRP of £980. :eek::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I’m surprised how people can turn on a channel over just one show

Bordell.

Although i start from a different perspective to yourself, the channel needs to prove itself first before it gets approval, being made up of former IW folks isn't a good start, but not an automatic fail, having Bordell is a major negative though, and i see Duchamp is likely to appear and that could be the nail in the coffin.

Latest posts

Back