General ridiculousness thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bod is doing the James Russell trick of 'double checking' by asking the producer are they sure about things, in this case he was checking if Easybuy really was available on an absolutely hideous dinnerware set that usefully has the words 'Eat, Drink and Enjoy' together with cutlery pictures emblazoned all over it. £55 plus a tenner P+P.

Justin is employing all the shady tricks these days, such a shame.

Another Bod Whopper. He's selling a Gianni Ricci Mother of Pearl effect (that's a new one on me) watch but with a genuine Emerald which he said 'will obviously be reflected in the price'.

The Emerald is, yes you guessed it, 0.005 Carats.

It went for a tenner.

Last edited:
I hate that thing he does with his hand to indicate the falling stock levels. Really annoys me! :angry:

Bod is doing the James Russell trick of 'double checking' by asking the producer are they sure about things, in this case he was checking if Easybuy really was available on an absolutely hideous dinnerware set that usefully has the words 'Eat, Drink and Enjoy' together with cutlery pictures emblazoned all over it. £55 plus a tenner P+P.

Justin is employing all the shady tricks these days, such a shame.

Oh God, I hate that too! I'm sure they've got a rundown of everything they're going to present before their blinkin' shift starts, and probably know exactly how much it's going to go for, surely, if the presenter did genuinely want to question something, they'd do it off air, that way they'd save such dreadful mistakes such as letting a geniune London Treasures bracelet drop down to 3 quid!

....just as irritating is when they don't bother to go through the pretence of checking with the gallery, is when they just blunder in with "This has got to be a mistake...make the most of it" and it's ALWAYS something cheap and crappy and most definitely is NOT a mistake. The day I see a Yarvik, a Satnav, or a telly with plenty of stock going for under £20 is when I'll actually believe there's been a mistake, and in the unlikely event of this happening, it'd be pulled off air as fast as Lola can rip 'er top off!

Oh God, I hate that too! I'm sure they've got a rundown of everything they're going to present before their blinkin' shift starts, and probably know exactly how much it's going to go for, surely, if the presenter did genuinely want to question something, they'd do it off air, that way they'd save such dreadful mistakes such as letting a geniune London Treasures bracelet drop down to 3 quid!

....just as irritating is when they don't bother to go through the pretence of checking with the gallery, is when they just blunder in with "This has got to be a mistake...make the most of it" and it's ALWAYS something cheap and crappy and most definitely is NOT a mistake. The day I see a Yarvik, a Satnav, or a telly with plenty of stock going for under £20 is when I'll actually believe there's been a mistake, and in the unlikely event of this happening, it'd be pulled off air as fast as Lola can rip 'er top off!

I was aghast when that dinner set went for £55 plus costs, no wonder they put it on Easybuy (which have been few and far between of late).

The mugs had pictures of spoons on them.

dinner.jpg

Helen's about to get in the massage chair. :puke:

I saw that, and the double entendre with Dame Peter was flowing. When they talked about masseurs they said something like 'You pay a lot to get it hard and deep' and 'you get a good pummeling' were just two of the things I remember. She wasn't very demure when she was sat on it either.

Actually it all sounded smutty rather than innuendo. The pair of them are vile together, Helen used to be really nice but it's clear Simon's ways have rubbed off on her.

It's like the on screen 'talent' are in a competition to out do eachother. I wonder how long it will be before Ben Mosely is corrupted, it's all getting very grubby in my opinion.

Last edited:
I saw that, and the double entendre with Dame Peter was flowing. When they talked about masseurs they said something like 'You pay a lot to get it hard and deep' and 'you get a good pummeling' were just two of the things I remember. She wasn't very demure when she was sat on it either.

Actually it all sounded smutty rather than innuendo. The pair of them are vile together, Helen used to be really nice but it's clear Simon's ways have rubbed off on her.

It's like the on screen 'talent' are in a competition to out do eachother. I wonder how long it will be before Ben Mosely is corrupted, it's all getting very grubby in my opinion.

"getting"? :wait:

"getting"? :wait:

Quite. I am amazed Martyn Cox has got involved with these people, I can well understand Alan and Barry teaming with Sit Up (Crafti Creations, you couldn't make it up!) but Martyn seems to have a flourishing career and a healthy reputation.

I wouldn't expect him to have to share air with retired Butlin's Redcoats and surplus Cruise Ship Bingo Callers. I remember when Linda Barker made one or two appearances on Bid, never to return.

Very wise.

Last edited:
I was aghast when that dinner set went for £55 plus costs, no wonder they put it on Easybuy (which have been few and far between of late).

View attachment 8928

You used to be able to get something similar in Argos with 'Dinner' and 'Lunch' etc written all over it. Was only about 20 quid!

The pair of them are vile together.

They are! It was vomit-inducing! Wasn't even funny, just gross!

Helen also said something along the lines of "I haven't had it deep for ages". It just doesn't sound right with her almost childlike, whiney voice. And he just comes across as a dirty old man!

They are! It was vomit-inducing! Wasn't even funny, just gross!

Helen also said something along the lines of "I haven't had it deep for ages". It just doesn't sound right with her almost childlike, whiney voice. And he just comes across as a dirty old man!

Foul Pola, and i'm not being a prude but it is really inappropriate. It's a shopping channel, not Channel 4 at 10pm.

Helen would do well to remember that Simon is coming to the end of his undistinguished career, she is only at the start of hers. The sooner she stops lowering herself to his level the better.

It's just wrong on so many levels.

View attachment 8928

Ben Mosely is selling this (dogs) Dinner Service again right now, same ludicrous price. £65 delivered but on 4 x Easybuy.

He says 'if you've been looking around your kitchen lately and you've seen the state of some of your crockery, you've seen the state of some of your cutlery and you kinda feel embarrassed'.

Pray tell how purchasing this monstrosity would solve that problem Ben?

Last edited:
Chris Birkett is on Bid today (swapped with Sally for PD's fashion day). I have genuinely lost count how many times he has said 'i'll be honest with ya'.

He's selling a diamond watch. He conceded it's a small diamond (i'd call it dust) but said there's a reason for that. One reason he gave was if it was a big diamond the watch face would have to be a certain size. Yeah, that's the reason Chris, And no danger of that with a 0.005 carat stone.

He did say go to a jewellers and see if you can get a diamond watch for this price but fair play to him, he didn't say go and get it valued. It went for £2.37

I must say he isn't a bad cook though. Maybe Sit Up should give Wayne his shifts and Chris can be the Chef instead, they seem far better suited to each others jobs.

Last edited:
Herman Birkett is on Bid today, thankfully it's a one off. I have genuinely lost count how many times he has said 'i'll be honest with ya'.

He's selling a diamond watch. He conceded it's a small diamond but said there's a reason for that. One reason he gave was if it was a big diamond the watch face would have to be a certain size. Yeah, that's the reason Chris, And no danger of that with a 0.005 carat stone.

He did say go to a jewellers and see if you can get a diamond watch for this price but fair play to him, he didn't say go and get it valued.

It went for £2.37

Well that's a bargain and a half that, I'll be honest wi.........

Well that's a bargain and a half that, I'll be honest wi.........

Ha Ha Bless him, he seems thrilled to be on Bid at last.

But i'll be honest with ya, he can surely cook a chicken but he's a terribly dull presenter.

Momma, have you bought the DOTD?

DOTD.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back