Glen Campbell is a bit of a fraud - discuss

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gawd I heard Simon Biagi banging on about wearing your Veronese 'eek to "that Gala dinner". Clearly QVC seem to think their customers are either going to Gala dinners, on cruises or going away for the weekend. Goodness knows how those same viewers find the time to watch QVC to purchase all the gear needed for these events, as they're pretty busy by the sounds of it.

Thought you all realised that a Q shopper's "typical" day looks a bit like this...
5.00am get out of Featherbed laid, Northern nights adorned 900 TC bed linen. Remove said bed linen., place in wash with Eco egg.Go out to feed the horses and muck them out of course, having already prepared breakfast overnight in your cooks essentials slow cooker ( what yummy porridge)
5.30 am. Shower and take in the blissful aromas of l' occitaine Almond shower oil and use various electrical "personal care" items to speed things up in the morning. Give face the full works with entire range of preferred skin care brand sold on Q or better still, having stock-piled them all you can just slot that new perricone aquagloopugerama serum into your usual routine. Apply a layer of body lotion of choice followed by ultrasun factor 800 sunscreen, as it is a little cloudy today after all. Ensure you set out your northern nights towells and ABC body wash for you partner/spotty teenager.
6.00am dress in the "go-to" matches everything, Kate middleton-esque little number and slip into your Emu slippers as you arent ready to go out just yet.
6.15 as you dont have much time apply Spackle, balance n brighten, eye primer, lip primer, bobbi brown long wear shadow and gel eyeliner, mascara, remove entire make up as LG mascara has gone every where and start again.
8.00 am finish your look with a stylish diamoneek pendant and pearl earings.
8.30 do the school run and amaze your friends using your Tom Tom which fits so neatly in your kipling bag.
8.45 just time to take the Oreck challenge and swap handbags to the Tig french tote. Go to work foor a full day, tap the app at lunchtime for the tsv of the day.
6.00 enjoy the Kings Realm meat and yummy pies warmed up your Au pair and yet set off to your second home in the country for the weekend...

I am sure you can run with this I am exhausted just typing it!

Some viewer tweeted via presenter (forgot who) and asked if would be bringing his own range to QVC, he looked a bit embarrassed - I guess not then! So a fraud then, or maybe QVC won't want it as he might use cotton...

Is Glen Campbell the only expert who touches the models I haven't seen any others do it

The American designers used to do that quite a lot. Don’t see it much now.
Marla used to demonstrate on the models. I doubt she’ll be back on these shores. A bit like MM.

I only see Mr Campbell fleetingly as QVC don’t seem to cater for men, even less now than they used to. I see him a lot on various websites including John Lewis and Joe Browns modelling stuff. If he was showing men’s clothing I wouldn’t take any of his fashion advice seriously due to him always wearing trousers that are too short with far too much ankle on show. It reminds me of being at school when boys had a growth spurt and their trousers had to be let down by their mums. I’m sure Mr Campbell can afford to get his trousers altered if he can’t get the right size off the peg.

Was it Lenny who used to front the Nina Leonard range? He was the worst! Couldn’t keep his hands off the models, I found him cringeworthy! He manhandled model Beth about and pulled her top down too far, exposing her boobs. She laughed it off (well she had no choice ) but I bet deep down she could have floored him!

Is Glen Campbell the only expert who touches the models I haven't seen any others do it
I must disagree. He touches the clothes on the models, adjusting them or pointing out certain elements in the design. He is always respectful.

I only see Mr Campbell fleetingly as QVC don’t seem to cater for men, even less now than they used to. I see him a lot on various websites including John Lewis and Joe Browns modelling stuff. If he was showing men’s clothing I wouldn’t take any of his fashion advice seriously due to him always wearing trousers that are too short with far too much ankle on show. It reminds me of being at school when boys had a growth spurt and their trousers had to be let down by their mums. I’m sure Mr Campbell can afford to get his trousers altered if he can’t get the right size off the peg.
It's the current style for mens' trousers to be short, but Glen doesn't carry it off very well.

I don't care for Glen's fashion advice. It never varies. He is too enthusiastic about everything so he loses credibility. He looked awful in that jeans jacket. However, he is never disrespectful to the models and doesn't technically touch them, but touches the garments. The same for Dennis Basso, but I can't comment on Lennie because I rarely watched him.

He seems to put his hands on the models and tug at their clothes far more often than any of the female fashion people. He calls the models darling and honey too, even though he must know their names.

Glen seems a decent bloke who has ‘fashioned’ a career. I have no idea of his background but his presenting skills are incredibly tedious. I prefer someone who gives genuine advice about sizes and styles for different shapes not the lifestyle off to the yacht club twaddle. Doh! Why didn’t I think of that! Just mix it up a bit. I wish they would all tell us what size everyone’s wearing and how that equates to a well known high st brand, ie M&S. It’s very confusing, especially when you read some of the reviews from disappointed customers.

I have to say I think he’s quite watchable and I’ve never thought of him as being ‘touchy freely’ with the models. I think he has a strong background in fashion, having worked on Richard and Judy for 10 years and Lorraine amongst others. I don’t think you’d last long in that industry if you didn’t know your stuff. I think he had his own shop at one point.

Latest posts

Back