Good Grief Alexis!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No, no, no, tea cakes have got currants in!!
And our chippy sells scallops (pronounced scollups, obviously) - I thought they all did. Sheltered life, clearly!
They are currant tea cakes the ones without fruit are just tea cakes!

I just tweeted julia that they look like mum and daughter....lets see if she reads it out!!!!!

Did she read the tweet out? A couple of weeks ago during a Frontcover show she was reading them and said Oh someone has just tweeted me to stop saying "actually" and its in capitals so you're shouting at me! she then proceeded to show herself up by flouncing around saying actually, actually, actually, actually, actually like a petulant kid. The poor guest looked a bit bemused by it. Julia seemed livid. Dont know why she read it out.

My goodness - you lot know how to get a girl's tastebuds going!!! The scallops sound so delicious.....

I recall seeing an episode of Hotel Inspector/Come dine with me/Four in a bed (can't remember which but you can see the pattern emerging...) and there was an hotelier in Lancashire who cooked a local dish of a fried, breadcrumbed piece of chicken that was topped with melted cheese and it filled the entire plate when served - I began to drool so much I can't remember the outcome of that episode. Does it sound at all familiar from that rather paltry description - Nigella I ain't!

Oh - and by the way Alexis, it is "Bergamot" not "Bergamont"!!!!

Did she read the tweet out? A couple of weeks ago during a Frontcover show she was reading them and said Oh someone has just tweeted me to stop saying "actually" and its in capitals so you're shouting at me! she then proceeded to show herself up by flouncing around saying actually, actually, actually, actually, actually like a petulant kid. The poor guest looked a bit bemused by it. Julia seemed livid. Dont know why she read it out.

I saw that, she made herself look ridiculous. I was cringing. for her.

As local delicacies go it sounds much, much nicer than ours: pie & mash and/or jellied eels with liqueur (parsley sauce) with a side order of peas, or "pea on yorn?" as they say.

my brother, sister and friends used to go for pie and mash every Saturday on Bow Road or down Roman Rd. I hated it, couldn't stand the liquor and those mushy peas. I was so glad when a Wimpy Bar opened up (1960's/70's).

Good job you didn't tweet saying you looked like grandmother and granddaughter or she would be livid :)

Think I might have to have a chip cob for my tea!
If you go 10 miles down the road though it would be a chip roll!

Think I might have to have a chip cob for my tea!
If you go 10 miles down the road though it would be a chip roll!

An, no. You see round here it's only a cob if it's crusty, hence 'a crusty cob'. Anything un-crusty would have to be a muffin,
another local delicacy being 'pudding on a muffin' - a steak and kidney suet pudding on, well, a muffin - or barm or whatever you happen to call it. Though 'pudding on a barm' doesn't sound as appetising somehow. And 'pudding on a tea cake' sounds positively wrong.

And our chippy sells scallops (pronounced scollups, obviously) - I thought they all did. Sheltered life, clearly!

never heard of them! they don't here but i wish they did.

yeah i commented on that at the time. i thought it was a brilliant illustration of what a diva she is.

i assume what you're all talking about is a chip butty?

i thought all teacakes had fruit in?

can't imagine a pie between bread.

Yes tea cakes have currants and you toast them and slather best butter on :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My goodness - you lot know how to get a girl's tastebuds going!!! The scallops sound so delicious.....

I recall seeing an episode of Hotel Inspector/Come dine with me/Four in a bed (can't remember which but you can see the pattern emerging...) and there was an hotelier in Lancashire who cooked a local dish of a fried, breadcrumbed piece of chicken that was topped with melted cheese and it filled the entire plate when served - I began to drool so much I can't remember the outcome of that episode. Does it sound at all familiar from that rather paltry description - Nigella I ain't!

Oh - and by the way Alexis, it is "Bergamot" not "Bergamont"!!!!

Round here it's burger mott ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back