Good Grief Alexis!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

As local delicacies go it sounds much, much nicer than ours: pie & mash and/or jellied eels with liqueur (parsley sauce) with a side order of peas, or "pea on yorn?" as they say.

Julia looked fab but I agree Vivalas - that dress did nothing for her at all. Neckline too high, dress too shapeless :(

She's still fab though :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Haven't seen the "twins" yet but will watch the repeats. In the local delicacies my heritage wins hands down. We have pasties, cream teas, saffron cake, cider and fresh fish and seafood. I am, of course, hugely biased.

love julia hair looks nice and glossy but the dress made her look decorative.....like a bauble!

Looks like Julia has been in Sophie's wardrobe again!! Seriously though she looks great in the head shots but looked ridiculous when she was standing. Give her some bloomers and tap shoes and she wouldnt look out of place in the Roly Polys line up!!! If memory serves me right they were never that big - just shapeless!?

I must be from the common part of Lancashire then, as we call them muffins. Oven bottom muffins - barm sounds posh!

I know a barm as something different to an oven bottom funny how different places so close to each other refer to things differently!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Julia looked bluddy awful far too much flesh showing and far too short with bare legs. IMO she looked as common as muck as my Mam would say. And I have always pronounced almond as Al mond (sounds like the name of a comedian) lol.

My kids are bilingual, 16 year old born in Sussex and the 18 year old was only 18 months when we moved here from Lytham (no one sez Buzz in Lytham St Annes!
'cept our hockey mistress). They both love gravy on chips...what's not to love! DD is vegetarian but makes instant veggy gravy for hers...it's in the genes. oooh is it too early for a chip barm with gravy at quarter past ten in the morning?

Jude xx

My kids are bilingual, 16 year old born in Sussex and the 18 year old was only 18 months when we moved here from Lytham (no one sez Buzz in Lytham St Annes!
'cept our hockey mistress). They both love gravy on chips...what's not to love! DD is vegetarian but makes instant veggy gravy for hers...it's in the genes. oooh is it too early for a chip barm with gravy at quarter past ten in the morning?

Jude xx

Most definitely not. I'm eating one as I type, though mine's a chip muffin, obviously... :wink:
And who else knows what a 'mixture' is from the chippy?
And did you used to go to the chippy with your own bowl to put it all in when you were a kid? We did. :up:

Last edited:
I miss the cheese and onion slice our chippy in Ansdell used to make themselves...never have a corner though cos it's all pastry and not enough cheese. Also miss Booths' sausages! My kids went to a chippy in Manchester with their grandad and he asked if they wanted a scallop, they politely declined saying they weren't keen on shell fish, until he explained it was slices of potato deep fired in batter...they loved em! Maybe they're called that as a poor man's alternative to shellfish? Miles better comfrot food imho! :muscle:

Jude xx

ps about saying almond - http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/almond?s=t just click on the loudspeaker symbol :cool:

I miss the cheese and onion slice our chippy in Ansdell used to make themselves...never have a corner though cos it's all pastry and not enough cheese. Also miss Booths' sausages! My kids went to a chippy in Manchester with their grandad and he asked if they wanted a scallop, they politely declined saying they weren't keen on shell fish, until he explained it was slices of potato deep fired in batter...they loved em! Maybe they're called that as a poor man's alternative to shellfish? Miles better comfrot food imho! :muscle:

Jude xx

ps about saying almond - http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/almond?s=t just click on the loudspeaker symbol :cool:

OOOH, scallops! I used to have them when I was a nipper. To my shame, I remember when I started going out to restaurants and noticing scallops on menus and thinking "thats a strange thing to have in a Chinese restaurant." Then someone on my table ordered them and I felt SOOOO stupid!

Hey here in Devon we always had scallops from the chippy. Also used to have scrumps - the loose bits of batter that the fryer collected. They were always free :) Funny how chips used to taste better when they were wrapped in newspaper, or maybe that's just my memory playing tricks.

watched the repeat and just knew that you lot would have something to say about the purple sparkliness of Julia and Alexis. Oh and all this talk of chips and gravy is making me hungry/ I never had this divine combo until I moved to Nottingham, it was unheard of in my home town and at first I thought it was an odd idea, then I tried it, comfort food of the highest order! Oh and its a "cob" here, in fact a chip cob is another fave thing with lots of butter and salt and vinegar, heaven on a plate.

I always thought it odd that chips and gravy are treated with disdain, what's nicer than than mashing a crispy roast potato in gravy, yum! - can't see the difference myself.

Latest posts

Back