Have you Ever....... ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
Have you ever..... ? (Downing a drink if you answer Yes is optional :mysmilie_59:)

1. Fallen for the sales pitch of a certain product more than once?

Decelor Hydra Radiance Smoothing Cleansing Mousse: Bought this when it was first on air few years ago , Fell for the whole it will change your life blah blah, Anyway when I used it I didn't like the smell and made my skin feel so tight and red, didn't send it back and eventually gave it away to a friend. Watched another Decleor show mayb 6 mnths later and again got sucked into the sales pitch and thought "well mayb I didn't give it a chance etc", course same happened again, so that's £50 + wasted on cleanser.

Australian Bodycare skinwash: Tried this at least 3 times now , I know people rave about it however I can honestly say for me its no better than any supermarket shower gel, the only thing I like about it is the large size and pump.

2. Found a Brand you Love that you wouldn't have tried if it wasn't for Qvc?

SBC: I love this brand and its really changer my skin, Sometimes cheaper to buy elsewhere however if it wasn't for Q id have never know about this brand.

Bareminerals: Love the foundation , use it daily.

Yankee candle: Love them and buy regularly not always from Q though.

3. Bought something you've regretted ?

Well.... Richard Jackson Flower Power, Twin ice cream maker, Decleor life radiance to name a few.

4. Changed Channel due to Presenter even though its a show you like?

Cant watch any show Craig presents, the others I can tolerate in small doses.

5. Been a T caller?

Nope

6. Denied purchasing an Item from Q after someone asked you where you got it from?

I have in the past , especially with skincare , normally just say online or John Lewis ( there Number 1 trusted brand btw :mysmilie_13:)

1. Laura Geller. I fall for the TSV every single time and always end up flogging it on ebay.

2. Emma Hardie and Judith Williams. L'Occitane too.

3. Kipling bags. Have bought several from Q but only ever kept one (last but one TSV)

4. Often change over when Anne Dawson or Ali Keenan get a bit shouty and hyper. Ali young too sometimes, even though I like her.

5. No.

6. Yes! I hardly ever admit it even when I get compliments on my dress (kim & co).

1 Nope
2 Laura Geller balance and brighten, Smashbox make up brushes, Alpha H micro cleanse
3 Loccitane soaps - (powdery and drying)
4 All the time when Jill Catherine or Marverine present
5 Nope
6 All the time - never admit to buying stuff from QVC - always say online

No

Loads, including decleor. Laura Geller, OPI/Leighton Denny/Nails Inc (did not use nail polish before).

Bare minerals - foundation brought me out in a rash and eye products made my eyes run.

Yes, lately Marverine but some that have come and gone, including the lady that used to do properties programs and lasted a couple of months on Q.

5. Been a T caller?

No

6. Denied purchasing an Item from Q after someone asked you where you got it from?

No - I endure the eye rolling and smirks after I say QVC, and think quietly to myself 'whats the betting you'll check them out yourself now'

Yes - Bare minerals.. have fallen for it twice, both times my skin reacted badly.. i want to like it, but really don't. Also Elemis Tan Accelerator... I never use it!!

Yes definitely. Elemis, Leighton Denny and my latest find Judith Williams.

Oh yes. Perfect formula, Bare Minerals, various beauty TSVs...

Yes, Jill Franks does my head in...

5. Been a T caller?

Nope

Yes in the past, am more honest these days!

1. Yes all with beauty products that I end up selling, or sending back. Laura Geller, Mally, Alpha H, Decleor and Bare Minerals.

2. Australian Bodycare and Elemis.

3. Yes, Judith Williams, Bare Minerals.

4. CR, CB, AK, AY, MC,

5. No - although in the early heady days of my purchasing I did get a bit star struck and nearly called into a Liz Earle show to speak to the lady herself!

6. No.

All the above done while drinking a glass of Bailey's :mysmilie_59::mysmilie_17:

Yes,scholl sandals.I had one pair of wooden classics and although I found them hard to walk in and actually wear I thought they were really pretty.Then QVC bought out a plastic pair.Perfect for my holidays I thought.When they came they were cheap and nasty and as hard as nails as the wooden pair.I sent them back vowing to stick to my birkenstocks (although you cant really use them on the beach etc).The next summer the plastic scholls came on crazy easypay on a summer surprise.I fell for the sales pitch again (what is wrong with me??!!) convincing myself they'd be better in the newer colours.They werent and they got sent back again.Postage x 4 = mug.

Although I cant use most of her stuff now I do love Liz Earle cleanse and polish.I bought it for years after trying it first from QVC.Ironically I don't even buy cleanse and polish at all anymore - I have a cheaper alternative that works well for me - but I'd recommend it in a heartbeat and would never be upset to receive some as a gift!!.

I love my kipling but I cant credit QVC with that as I was buying it before it came to QVC.

There must be others...must have a think about that one.Birkenstocks - I do like my birkenstocks and live in them in the summer.I would have never tried or bought them unless I had seen them on QVC.Actually gutted my new place of work does not allow them.think I will actually die this summer without them.

Wow there must be loads.I've wasted a hell of a lot of money at QVC.The most probably that sticks in my mind is I bought the first AD of the 3 large TSV candles.I could have cried when I actually read the invoice of what I'd spent on candles and postage in a year,with actually nothing to show for it at the end.I didnt even enjoy them - didnt like some of the scents - whipped through others asap to get onto the next batch.

No not really - there are some guests,I simply cannot cannot watch....Marlenne (maybe??) with the pilates...Mally....hinge and bracket from camouflage company....

5. Been a T caller?

Nope

I probably have.I used to be really embarrassed that I bought from them.When people I know think of shopping channels,I just know they think its like the clip from Brigette Jones when her mum goes to work for one.....

1. Probably have just can't remember off hand.

2. Judith Williams, SBC, Prai, Birkenstock

3. Elemis pro-collagen Marine Cream day and night cream. Have to say it's the most overrated product I have ever come across. I am mad at myself for falling for it. Didn't send it back because I didn't want to pay the p & p. Perfect Formula nails coming in not far behind. Made my nails weaker instead of stronger.

4. C. Huntley, Julia, Dale, Sara, Pippa, have all had my reaching for the remote, even if it's a show I really want to see.
It depends what mood I am in at the time.

5. No

6. Yes because I usually get ribbed for buying from qvc. I usually say got something from amazon or ebay as I do buy stuff from there too.

1. Fallen for the sales pitch of a certain product more than once? - No, thankfully. Once bitten, twice shy.

2. Found a Brand you Love that you wouldn't have tried if it wasn't for Qvc? Cozee Home and my Bamix even though it's way overpriced. OH - an expanding ladder.

3. Bought something you've regretted ? How long have you got? What sort of a sucker am I?

4. Changed Channel due to Presenter even though its a show you like? All the time with Debbie Flint.

5. Been a T caller? Once. I won £50.

6. Denied purchasing an Item from Q after someone asked you where you got it from? Yes, very often. I think because I knew I had a kind of addiction to shopping tv. I'd just say somewhere on the high street so a Kipling designed-for-QVC bag is a no-no.

Have I ever!

Sadly, yes, and more than twice too! I have tried Laura Geller's BnB several times, never with any success. The Porcelain is too pink and white (china doll effect), Fair is too grey (zombie effect), Medium too dull and dark (aged, sun damage effect). And the irony is that I STILL want to love the stuff. It would be the ultimate, hassle free foundation, oil absorbing, lasting, comfortable... But it just makes me look unhealthy.

Several. After 8 years of shopping on the Q, I have sampled a lot. Laura Geller, Mally, Judith Williams, Gatineau, Elemis, Yong Kim, L'Artisan Parfumeur, Richard Jackson's plant food, Birkenstocks and Emu spring to mind.

I didn't used any skincare until I hit 38 years old, because every brand on the high street made my eyes sore, red and itchy. The higher quality of QVC brands has transformed my skin, and I am delighted!

Mind you, I tend to trial a brand with the 30 day money back guarantee, decide I like it, then cherry pick individual items from eBay. Grin.

The best purchase EVER has been a mattress. It has ended 4 years of hip pain for my husband and improved my sleep tremendously.

Two dresses from Antthony (polyester static, anyone?), two necklaces from Silk Route (fell apart), several TSV collections where I ended up only using 1 or 2 items and giving the rest away.

I have to turn the volume down on Anne Dawson, Mally and sometimes Alison Young.

5. Been a T caller?

Nope - and never will be!

Yup. Years ago. I don't do it any more, I just mention the returns policy, and let them think what they like. Without QVC I would be stuck with toiletries from Boots, clothes from Evans, and hair stripped by sodium laurel sulphate. I would also have cold feet!

1. No, thank goodness!

2. Yes, quite a few. I now use Decleor, Elemis and Gatineau but was always a bit intimidated by department store counters, so Q has helped me improve my skincare. Although I knew the ranges their TSVs persuaded me to go for Molton Brown and L'Occitane which I now use all the time. Laura Geller - would never have experimented with baked stuff until her TSVs. Yankee Candles - am now an addict. Not the brand, but Northern Nights demos persuaded me to get a feather bed and it is my top buy.

3. TOVA perfumes, a set of four minis to try the range. Disgusting! (Mind you, given how much I spend on them, I could also add Yankee here, LOL.)

4. YES! All the usual suspects are on my list too! This was becoming a problem with YC shows so I tape them all and whizz through the bad bits.

5. No.

6. Not that I can recall but I do not necessarily volunteer the information if it is a brand available on the dreaded High Street.......

Yep I fell for Liz Earle moisturiser more than once. The cleanser was fine, the moisturiser didn`t suit my skin at all but I still went back and tried it again. Nowadays I don`t buy any LE at all.

If it wasn`t for Q then I probably wouldn`t have found SBC or Mally, both of which I`m grateful for but quite often I buy them elsewhere.

My worst purchases were Tova perfume and Wintertrax. The Wintertrax are still unused in the box they arrived in.

Yes I regularly turn channels and nowadays I rarely watch live shows and prefer to look online. Either I`m turning into an old grump or they presenters have become far more annoying !

Nope I`ve never been a T caller and cringe at some of them.

Nope I`ve never denied buying anything from Q and I`ve never been a big spender with them so I`m quite happy to say when I`ve bought something from them.

1. I've bought Liz Earle cleanse and polish a few times but I just get fed up using it as I find it a bit of a faff. Don't let me buy it again!

2. I know I'm the only one but I love Richard Jackson's products, they do my garden the world of good. Also Decleor, I would never be able to afford this without TSVs and easy pay.

3. Worst purchase? I bought a necklace from B&W and the thread broke. It was outwith the 30 days so couldn't send it back and B&W wanted £26 to restring it. Now in a drawer broken.

4. Don't watch more than a few minutes of Jill, Charlie or Marverine.

5. No, never phoned in.

6. I don't deny buying things from QVC, it's a shop same as any other online. People did think I was a complete lunatic though when I admitted I had a slanket - don't tell them the dog has one as well :mysmilie_48:

CC

Latest posts

Back