Hello and TSV 28.11.2012?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks for the info. My hairs too short for the rollers but they look good.
Interesting that the previous TSV price is only six quid less than the special price the red carpet Mani set is listed for now. I'm very tempted as it's on easy pay. I saw another make in Boots yesterday so wonder if the products are interchangeable or not.
I can't get over this mani. I usually change my Wednesday polish on a Sunday night as i've chipped it- but this looks perfect! I'm going to do some nail art over the top and to see how good they look when I remove the 'normal' stuff in a few days.

Yes the Red Carpet and the Sensationail boots gel varnishes are interchangeable. At one point the Boots sensationail starter kit had double boots points and there was a £10 off voucher in their boots magazine but this was a few months ago. Not all the boots shops even the large ones stock it though for example Slough doesn't but Windsor does.
The Boots starter only has one nail varnish whilst the Red Carpet has 3 on QVC. I bought the QVC one because I wanted the MBG in case it didn't work for me but it has been fantastic and I have used all the 3 colours. I didn't think I'd like the pale beigy grey but I do.
The last time I used it I got 25 days wear and could have carried on but decided that the nail regrowth was too apparent. I work on a keyboard all day.

Thanks everyone :eek:).
I think I'll wait for the TSV in Feb. can you remember if it was a good saving last time Flying Pigs? My friend did my nails for me with her set on Wednesday, i've been really hard oon them since and can't get over how shiny they look still-and no chipd. They really do look fab xx

No the TSV wasn't a big saving - only around £5.00. I know because I didn't buy it as I didn't think my nails were suitable but once the I saw the reviews I had to have it. I bought it when it was on introductory offer and including p&p it was £85.85.
I can't claim to have saved any money as I hardly even painted my nails before using Redcarpet as it always chipped off within a couple of days. But the £85 expenditure has given me alot of pleasure looking at my beautifully manicured nails.

Thanks for all the info folks. I So have to have this. Has anyone used actual Shellac colour with it and if so did it work.
I think the red carpet one is better value than the Boots one now that I've researched them a bit. as said above you get 3 colours in the QVC set and reasonable sizes of base and top coat whereas the Boots one only has one colour and small base/top coats. What's really made my mind up is that I can use my existing nail colours with it- either sandwiched between the base and top coat or over the top for variation. I have getting on for 100 nail colours. I just should not watch QVC as I'm too weak willed xx

the TSV is the topstyler

TopStyler by InStyler With 15 Ceramic Heated Styling Shells
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.400187

some extras

TopStyler by InStyler Set of 5 Large Ceramic C-Shells
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.400306

TopStyler by InStyler Set of 5 Regular Ceramic C-Shells
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.400307

This is not the TSV tomorrow, the TSV is a compact mirror or tweezer set with mirror, just caught glimpse of preview!

Just seen the preview for it. I bought a couple of the compacts years ago and, honest to god, I still use them nearly every day. The only thing is now, the light is beginning to go a bit and keeps flickering so I am really really pleased these are back. Great quality tweezers too, lets hope the up to date ones are as good! I shall definately be buying replacements.

Well anytime I looked at link it never said TSV so might never had been going to be!

I heard Alison say that guy would be back with a new launch, they didn't say it would be a TSV though. It will probably just be shown in shows tomorrow etc....

This TSV has been planned well in advance as it is an item they have had before, 6 years ago and they sold tens of thousands and this time brought it back in several colours so it is not a last minute change!

TSV 28/11 Simply Beauty LED compact

I have one of these, bought when it first aired several years ago and it is still going strong. ( No, I'm not the T-Caller who was just on) :grin:. It lives in my handbag and is a bit scratched now but the light still works, the tweezers are fine and I think I have had my money's worth over the years.

According to Bubbles, she needs to have tweezers-on-the-go as she is always plucking her eyebrows. Really? I do a bit of manscaping to my brows just to keep them well-groomed - tho' careful not to over-pluck like David Beckham has done and risk ending up with a tranny-brow - but have never felt the need to do it on-the-hoof. Surely, the privacy of one's bathroom is the best place for eyebrow plucking? :hi:

According to Bubbles, she needs to have tweezers-on-the-go as she is always plucking her eyebrows. Really? I do a bit of manscaping to my brows just to keep them well-groomed - tho' careful to over-pluck like David Beckham has done and risk ending up with a tranny-brow - but have never felt the need to do it on-the-hoof. Surely, the privacy of one's bathroom is the best place for eyebrow plucking? :hi:

Well I thought that & was actually beginning to wonder if I was the odd one for thinking it.....! :confused:

*goes off to google David B's funny eyebrows!* lol

Latest posts

Back