Help desperately needed with prestigio tablet

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

whitesnake

Registered Shopper
I bought a Prestigio Tablet as a TSV a couple of years ago' It really has been the worse thing I have ever bought from QVC, it turns itself off when it feels like it, freezes and takes an age to load anything. Anyway today it turned itself off, I turned it back on again and it is stuck on the loading up page going through all the flaming adverts. I have turned it off 5 times now and tried to get it to work and each time it just sticks on the same page with one of them 'circles' going round and round. I rang QVC Customer Services and because I bought it two years ago it is no longer under warranty. I rang Prestigio who told me to take it back to the Factory settings which I did. This has not helped at all it is still stuck on the same page when I turn it on. I really am my wits end as what to do with the thing. Any ideas anyone? I will probably end up having to buy a new tablet. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced one. I would love an Ipad but cannot stretch to the prices. I am just so fed up at the moment with one thing and another you just wouldn't believe it!!!!!

Sounds like it has had its day to be honest. It isn't the best make out there, and two years is probably a good shelf life for it.

I would definitely recommend Android, which is far more customisable and advanced than Apple. And you don't pay a premium for the brand name.

Try the Tesco Hudl 2 or the Samsung Tab 3 or 4 or similar. Google Nexus, LG G-pad....Try looking on Expansys website for good deals.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/hudl/

http://www.expansys.com/tablet-pcs+ipads/tablet-pcs/android/

http://www.expansys.com/asus-google-nexus-7-2013-16gb-wi-fi-252383/

http://www.expansys.com/lg-g-pad-8-3-white-252923/

The LG is meant to be excellent for the money.

Kindle Fire's are ok too, as long as you don't mind lots of Amazon software!

http://www.johnlewis.com/electrical...lets/c5000070042?showAll=&sortOption=priceLow

Thanks for your advise both of you. I had thought about the Tesco Hudl as it has come out vey well in the Which report and my stepdaughter recommended a Kindle Fire HD. I just hoped I may have been able to get a bit longer from my tablet but I think it has indeed given up the ghost so to speak. It's just the thought of having to set a new one up that is putting me off. I am not the most technically savvy person. On top of other stuff that's going on at the moment it felt like the last straw!!! Thanks again for your help.

Thanks for your advise both of you. I had thought about the Tesco Hudl as it has come out vey well in the Which report and my stepdaughter recommended a Kindle Fire HD. I just hoped I may have been able to get a bit longer from my tablet but I think it has indeed given up the ghost so to speak. It's just the thought of having to set a new one up that is putting me off. I am not the most technically savvy person. On top of other stuff that's going on at the moment it felt like the last straw!!! Thanks again for your help.

I would not recommend the Kindle Fire - it uses a locked down version Android. Much better off with the Hudl or Hudl 2 if you can afford it.

Have you tried holding down the start button for 15 seconds to re-boot it? I've had to do this with both my Samsung and Lenovo tablet at times and is a tip I got from one of the teccy web-sites.

I bought one of the Prestigio ones at the same time. After about 10 month it completely froze. The tech department gave me various things to try but nothing worked. Luckily it was still under warranty and I got a full refund. I went out and got a Samsung Tab 2 which was slightly dearer but much better. I would avoid Prestigio anything like the plague.

Oh Lord, how I sympathise with you ! I bought myself a Samsung Galaxy from Staples and set it up, but then realised I how no idea how to use it to its best advantage so I gave it my brother. I've recently bought a large buttoned no frills phone (with only a camera) from QVC, because of the 5 number emergency facility. Its arrived but I'm waiting for my brother to get the thing working. All the technojargon just makes my eyes glaze over.

I still use a landline, write cheques and expect policemen to look older than me !!!!

Brissles I have a Rio, which looks like a Blackberry with proper keys, its pink.

I phone and text, the internet has never been connected and I was surprised to find 6 months after I owned it that it has video!!!!:mysmilie_19:

have you by any chance tried to reset your internet router. ?

I would definitely recommend that before you make a purchase you switch the router off, wait for a couple of minutes and then switch it back on, it may well reset and pick up your tablet again with no problem.

I have not had this problem but my printer was frequently showing as offline when it was clearly switched on and I switched it off and on so it reconnected but then that failed to work too. My techie neighbour spent ages on it to no avail and then said, there is one more thing, did the router switching off thing and it was fine. I know that is not the same as a tablet but perhaps all these things can just drop off the router? It is all a mystery to me! I bought an iPad in the Apple Store as they set it up for you as I knew I would never manage it!!

Latest posts

Back