Help.......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mazzercat

Registered Shopper
I bought the recent Emu TSV which arrived on friday. So far so good you might think but never having bought this brand before I am extremely disappointed. I love the boots...good fit on the foot but the "generous sizing on the calves" does not apply to my pair. I am a size 10-12 but there is no way I can get these over my calves never mind tuck my jeans into them. They are going to cost me a small fortune to return...ant ideas you forumites out there?

Email them today and notify that you wish to return, state your reasons and advise you would like a full refund. As it's within 7 days you are covered under the Distance Selling Regs - which means you get your payment plus the postage you paid. Ok, you have to pay to send them back, but you will get your original postage back. If they came in a box, wrap them up safely in a bag (a QVC bag or something strong) and send them economy delivery. My post office are brill with my QVC returns (I am such an old hat now :blush: lol) they go through all the options and come up with the cheapest solution. Bob's your uncle :up:

By the way, I returned something in a jiffy bag yesterday that came in a box. £2.95 I paid Q for 2nd class, 71p to send back, 2nd class post!!!! Shocking I tell you.

If you're not sure where to go, it's something like this:

(QVC site, obviously!!)
Help
Email enquiry form or customer care form (I use it so often you would think I know it word for word!!)
Returns

You will need your membership number and order number, and it asks for a few basic details like name, address etc.

Good luck ;-)

Last edited:
You could talk to CS, tell them that you do not believe the spiel about the boots was correct and they may offer a return label 'as a good will gesture'. Unless you can prove in some way the boots are defective or were sold to you under false pretences, then they have no obligation to pay return postage. Are they over the weght where they have to bereturned by courier? If not then you will have to return them yourself I'm afraid-it's one of the risks when you buy online.

If you are on Facebook post on their page as they generally respond to queries on there, probably as there are about 15,000 fans who might read what you say. They tend only to reply during office hours, so posting first thing tomorrow should mean your post doesn't get missed.

I bought the recent Emu TSV which arrived on friday. So far so good you might think but never having bought this brand before I am extremely disappointed. I love the boots...good fit on the foot but the "generous sizing on the calves" does not apply to my pair. I am a size 10-12 but there is no way I can get these over my calves never mind tuck my jeans into them. They are going to cost me a small fortune to return...ant ideas you forumites out there?

Get a refund and argue as mis-sold. The first four reviews on Q are quite enlightening, incl. a post about the heel support collapsing!

I am 5ft 2ins and ordered a size 4 What difference does that make if Julia roberts insisted on saying they were a generous fit on her "dancer`s" calves ?
I have several pairs of Markon boots and these were fine.

its just that i think the smaller sizes are less generous round the claves.

i wear a size 8 in shoes bought a 7 in emu's and they are very generous round the calf as they are the bigger sizes. i wear a size 16-18 so am quite a large lady thats all.

ask qvc for a retuns label and get a full refund. i am not amused at the amount of time spent chatting rubbish when they should be giving customers real info on sizes,measurements fabric composition. its like they are being interupted by actually doing their job which is info not hype.:wonder:

its just that i think the smaller sizes are less generous round the claves.

i wear a size 8 in shoes bought a 7 in emu's and they are very generous round the calf as they are the bigger sizes. i wear a size 16-18 so am quite a large lady thats all.

ask qvc for a retuns label and get a full refund. i am not amused at the amount of time spent chatting rubbish when they should be giving customers real info on sizes,measurements fabric composition. its like they are being interupted by actually doing their job which is info not hype.:wonder:

Thanks for all the replies.. will do as Boffy suggests. If I have to turn them down 2-3 inches I would have bought the Stinger low boot
As for shoe size I normally take a 4.5-5

:mysmilie_357: to the forum, have fun. What an auspicious date you joined.

My size 4s arrived (I posted on another thread that my 5s last year got too big for me once the sheepskin flattened and I passed them to DD). I have to say the calf on the new pair (Sz 4) is much much narrower than on last year's pair which I could wear over narrow jeans. I don't believe a single size difference would account for it. I can just about get these new ones on but I'd never get any trousers or even leggings in them. I'm in 2 minds cos they're v nice but do I want to look like AY wearing them with skirts all the time? Hmmmm! :thinking:

Jude xx

hmm makes me wonder if they have started skimping on the calf width in the smaller sizes :wonder:
I have Emus from last year and the year before all in size 4 and they are actually quite roomy round the calfs, I can tuck skinny jeans/jeggings in with no probs. I don't have massive calfs but I'm a dress size 16 so they are not exactly skinny either :confused:

My size 4s arrived (I posted on another thread that my 5s last year got too big for me once the sheepskin flattened and I passed them to DD). I have to say the calf on the new pair (Sz 4) is much much narrower than on last year's pair which I could wear over narrow jeans. I don't believe a single size difference would account for it. I can just about get these new ones on but I'd never get any trousers or even leggings in them. I'm in 2 minds cos they're v nice but do I want to look like AY wearing them with skirts all the time? Hmmmm! :thinking:

Jude xx

Vey interesting. have just got them out of the box and had another look, rhey are definitely narrow, off to measure the circumference. Son`s girlfriend has a pair of Uggs and they are a lot wider
I do really like them though

I really like them too but it'll seriously limit the times I wear them if I can't tuck my jeans in. I'll email QVC tomorrow to register my dissatisfaction to keep the "distance selling regs" option open and I'll make a decision tomorrow :sweat:

Jude xx

I really like them too but it'll seriously limit the times I wear them if I can't tuck my jeans in. I'll email QVC tomorrow to register my dissatisfaction to keep the "distance selling regs" option open and I'll make a decision tomorrow :sweat:

Jude xx

I have just e-mailed Qvc and stated that I feel the boots were mis-sold on air and asked for a pre-paid returns label so will wait for a reply now

There has been questions regarding the fit on the Emu TSV thread.

I posted the old version measurements of my DD's and mine :

Size 4
Boot height from floor 32cms
Top width 42cms
Insole length 23.5cms

Size 5
Boot height from floor 34cms
Top width 43cms
Insole length 25cms

I asked if someone would post the new TSV measurements to compare, think it would be helpful if it could be done before returning.

Thanks Bags x

TBH, as with other brands in the clothing lines, I believe that the TSV's are skimped during manufacture. I can't believe they are going to turn out masses of stock to be sold at a low price at the same quality as those you might find in a shop. If JR finds them roomy round her calves, is it possible she was wearing her own pair purchased elsewhere? This is only my opinion and I could be wrong, but other TSV items I've bought in the past have definitely been an inferior quality to 'regular' stock. Having said that, I find Emu's don't fit me very well. I much prefer the fit of Uggs.

There has been questions regarding the fit on the Emu TSV thread.

I posted the old version measurements of my DD's and mine :

Size 4
Boot height from floor 32cms
Top width 42cms
Insole length 23.5cms

Size 5
Boot height from floor 34cms
Top width 43cms
Insole length 25cms

I asked if someone would post the new TSV measurements to compare, think it would be helpful if it could be done before returning.

Thanks Bags x

I ordered size 4, top width 40cms

TBH, as with other brands in the clothing lines, I believe that the TSV's are skimped during manufacture. I can't believe they are going to turn out masses of stock to be sold at a low price at the same quality as those you might find in a shop. If JR finds them roomy round her calves, is it possible she was wearing her own pair purchased elsewhere? This is only my opinion and I could be wrong, but other TSV items I've bought in the past have definitely been an inferior quality to 'regular' stock. Having said that, I find Emu's don't fit me very well. I much prefer the fit of Uggs.

i think you're absolutely right here....altho' the Emu TSV didn't say it, i avoid specially made for QVC (whether style or colour) at all costs! Kiplings with less inner pockets etc spring to mind

Latest posts

Back