how unfair is this

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

boffy

Registered Shopper
i ordered a set of prices candles on 10th november and if you remember the c/s operator gave me the wrong info so i was stuck with the wrong candles. so i had to wait until they were delivered to qvc for an exchange. this was taking several weeks so in the end a manager agreed that i should get the replacement candles while they wait for hermes to return the unwanted set.

well i returned the new set as they had no scent at all under the 30 day mbg using the post office.it took less than a week for qvc to recieve them as i got an e mail to say that they have refunded my returned candles. the only problem here is no refund was put into my account. so i phoned qvc and they said i would not get a refund as they still have not recieved the origional candles i sent via hermes on the 16th november. i have to wait for a letter to be sent to attatch the hermes reciept then and only then will i get my money back. qvc really does suck:mysmilie_51:

i ordered a set of prices candles on 10th november and if you remember the c/s operator gave me the wrong info so i was stuck with the wrong candles. so i had to wait until they were delivered to qvc for an exchange. this was taking several weeks so in the end a manager agreed that i should get the replacement candles while they wait for hermes to return the unwanted set.

well i returned the new set as they had no scent at all under the 30 day mbg using the post office.it took less than a week for qvc to recieve them as i got an e mail to say that they have refunded my returned candles. the only problem here is no refund was put into my account. so i phoned qvc and they said i would not get a refund as they still have not recieved the origional candles i sent via hermes on the 16th november. i have to wait for a letter to be sent to attatch the hermes reciept then and only then will i get my money back. qvc really does suck:mysmilie_51:

Shocking indeed, for me, once Hermes have your item and you have proof the refund should be automatic. The Q should then be the one's who should be doing the work to get Hermes either to return or pay Q for the missing item, no good will at all from the Q when it comes to return refunds.

Shocking indeed, for me, once Hermes have your item and you have proof the refund should be automatic. The Q should then be the one's who should be doing the work to get Hermes either to return or pay Q for the missing item, no good will at all from the Q when it comes to return refunds.

qvc are royal pee takers they must have the candles and as you say they have a contract with hermes they should chase them up not force me to wait several more weeks as i have to post the reciept and even wait for the letter to post the reciept

Ridiculous boffy! You must be fuming. They use these tactics because some people will give up and they get to keep the money, no doubt.

Do you have a scanner or can you take a photo of the Hermes receipt by your camera phone and email it to QVC? You could do that today and then ring customer service to demand they look at your email today to see proof. This has gone on too long.

Infact, the more I think of this, the worse it gets. Can you imagaine any other retailer taking so long to sort this? There would likely be a goodwill gesture too to try and keep your custom as it was the retailers error.

phoned them back and moaned and anather c/s operator said i will get the refund...a result but should i have had to go through this mess in the first place...x

phoned them back and moaned and anather c/s operator said i will get the refund...a result but should i have had to go through this mess in the first place...x

Glad you got your refund boffy, but yes what a mess in the first place and a waste of your time. The fact that speaking to yet another person managed to get you the refund just shows that they were hoping/waiting for you to give up so they could keep your money.

I've never understood how a refund can take a fortnight, even if they get it back in two days, all I can think of is they must have to trawl through a heck of a lot of returns, yes no other retailer treats its customers like that, as soon as it's scanned it should register refund, take Amazon for instance, they will even refund you before you've so much as packaged it up.

I returned an item by 2nd class mail on Saturday and received an email this morning to say I have been refunded, so they can do it quickly! I suppose they want to clear up before their Christmas hols. With Amazon it seems once the item enters the system the refund process kicks into action straight away!

Yes Amazon are great I got a refund immediately for an item sent out who h was incorrect. They said that if the item was not returned by February they would reclaim the money. That's service!

Well I sent a Sat have back via the onestopshop around the corner via Hermes I could track from shop to the hub and then to QVC it still took them a few days to refund after it was showing as returned to them.
Hotter are not very quick at refunding my resume recently had to chase them up and I think they quoted her up to a month. Did not take that long but a good couple of weeks.

Compare this to the service I received from Amazon. I returned a parcel to them on Sat. I stuck on the pre-paid postage label they e mailed me and took it to our post office. They scanned the barcode on the label and off it went.

By the time I got home, Amazon had e mailed me to acknowledge the return - obviously when the barcode was scanned at the PO it went straight through to Amazon. My account has been re-credited.

Very shabby treatment, boffy. i can't tell any more how much of this sort of thing is due to QVC being deliberately slow to hang on to our money and how much is the fault of their clunky, antiquated systems and inconsistencies from one person in CS to another.

i think they want to make it a bother to return items so you just cant face returns pollavaer and they want to keep your money. either way they just put me off

I ordered a coat for a friend from Asda, and paid by Paypal. The coat was a little to big. I returned it yesterday, and when I arrived home about an hour later, Asda had not only refunded the cost, sent a confirming email to say the refund is coming, and the money was back in my Paypal account. I think Asda must be well switched on with tech, and I can't see why other retailers cant offer the same speedy refunds! Well done Asda and Paypal. Q are taking it's customers for granted. Shame on them!

Asda and PayPal obviously have more effective computer experts working for them. QVC seem way behind other companies.

Very shabby treatment, boffy. i can't tell any more how much of this sort of thing is due to QVC being deliberately slow to hang on to our money and how much is the fault of their clunky, antiquated systems and inconsistencies from one person in CS to another.

I think it's a combination of both. They are completely behind the times and still living in the 90's when internet shopping wasn't common and they could get away with this second rate service.

I think it's a combination of both. They are completely behind the times and still living in the 90's when internet shopping wasn't common and they could get away with this second rate service.

So true! It's just amazing they have not been "officially" criticised and reprimanded for slow refunds ... and other things. A nice big corporate fine would put them on the right path!

QVC haven't evolved from day one really, and the fact that this multi global American company are still acting like its 1993, will be their down fall.

QVC haven't evolved from day one really, and the fact that this multi global American company are still acting like its 1993, will be their down fall.

Logic says it will be their downfall but the facts seem to show otherwise and they are getting away with it 23 years later, with people still rushing in to buy and profits going up. They undoubtedly have some very good bargains which blind many to the faults. I am quite principled and pretty careful about what I buy and even I don't see myself stopping my Q purchasing altogether. I have cut right down though since October and I'm very proud of myself! Also hearing stories like boffy's make me stronger.

Latest posts

Back