how unfair is this

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

In general most retailers have upped their game on customer service. Inevitably there will still be examples of bad customer service, but with feedback/complaints they should improve.

Just how long is it going to take before QVC stop resting on their laurels remains to be seen. I for one would like to see objective proof that their awards for customer service are from properly conducted research and surveys... Not from some Mickey-mouse outfit paid by retailers.

I have to agree with those who have found Amazon to be brilliant for deliveries and customer service (of course now I say that, they will let me down!). I am particularly impressed with the live chat method of contacting them when there's a query or problem. I had reason to use that two or three times (related issues) in the summer and I was amazed by how helpful they were in every way. Not only did they answer immediately but they took loads of time sorting it out for me and very much to my satisfaction. That's not to say they are perfect all the time though, and I am sorry about your experience, Tinkerbelle - I don't blame you for swerving them in future. I suppose for all of us, these companies are only as good as our last purchase from them.

That is very unusual for Amazon, I have always had unbeatable service from that including next day deliveries even though I am not a prime member. The few refunds I have had have been made the same say a product has been sent back. Just goes to show that that no matter how good they appear to be, people can still have a bad experience.

I wish that had been my experience. It just hasn't. Took them four days to deliver and two attempts to collect. The whole thing just went from bad to worse. They took my money on the 10th December. I tried to return it on the 16th but they didn't collect it until the 19th and I'm unlikely now to get my money back until after Christmas. It would be enough to ruin Christmas for some people and Amazon really didn't give a monkeys.

DPD today delivered a food hamper for me....to my neighbour, if there hadn't been a pic of the delivery on the website I would never have known as they have gone away for xmas and even the sorry you were out card (I was in) was posted through their door. The food was left on their porch, even tho my instruction for if I am out say nothing of a porch. It could have gone horribly wrong.

Had a delivery from Ideal World recently, my now fave over QVC, tho I don't order a lot, no fuss well packaged two items and one was £1 P&P.

QVC, you just can't top that!

Just had an email from Wilko my delivery is on its way.

got my lovely bargains! to buy this quality at this price and get cheap delivery is a bonus very happy

I've been to Wilko shops a few times but never shopped with them online so off to have a look at the website now! Any recommendations of particular bargains or special products?

I've been to Wilko shops a few times but never shopped with them online so off to have a look at the website now! Any recommendations of particular bargains or special products?

A bit early yet for garden items, but I bought 3 50l bags of potting compost, 3 50l bags of bark chippings, 5l can fence paint, lots of bulbs and seeds and a grass rake and still only paid 4.99 postage. The compost and bark were on a 3 for 2 offer. If that lot had been bought from Q the postage alone would have cost a lot more than the products.

A bit early yet for garden items, but I bought 3 50l bags of potting compost, 3 50l bags of bark chippings, 5l can fence paint, lots of bulbs and seeds and a grass rake and still only paid 4.99 postage. The compost and bark were on a 3 for 2 offer. If that lot had been bought from Q the postage alone would have cost a lot more than the products.

will try out thier gardening items next year. the vfm is very good. usually to buy this cheap you have to use far more expensive retailers to get the cheap or free delivery impressed

They always have seeds 3 for 2 . I buy large bags/packs of various bird foods, my store does not always have and it is heavy so I get. I tend to go in my store every week as it is next to the car park I use but they don't always have trolleys.

My daughter has just had an unpleasant experience with a Hermes delivery man. I'm away at present and she took delivery of my ABC TSV. She's on crutches at the moment and has great difficulty moving as she has dislocated her kneecap. The driver took real exception to how long it took her to get to the door, was rude and swore at her. She's put in a complaint to QVC at my insistence. She's really quite fragile at the moment so it upsets me that someone would be horrid to her, when she's not feeling great. I know they are busy, but you only have to look at her to in w that she's not being slow on purpose.

Ordered myself a little present from Harrods - delivered on time and a returns label enclosed with the parcel (what a good idea) - take note QVC before you slip down the ladder even further ...

I ordered some candles from Aldi.

Free postage to me. Free returns label included.

Packed in a solid box with plenty of protective bubble wrap.

Delivered in 3 days from ordering.

Brilliant!

I bulk buy when the have a good offer for loo rolls, washing powder, kitchen roll etc.

Just collected 10 x 9 Velvet loo rolls @ £2.50 for 9.

I order online for delivery to store.

Hubby parks in the back by their loading bay and they bring them out to the car.

I haven't used Wilko online but do visit their store. What I like about them is they are a no fuss, no muss type of place and I have always found the staff very nice and helpful. We always had a family joke (it's not very funny!) that if you looked everywhere for something with no luck , try Wilko "cos they sell everything", said in unison. Anyway as long as you are not after a specific brand or designer, then the chances are they will have something which might do the job. I wanted a frying pan spatter guard once and in the local posh kitchen shop, they were well over £10. More like £15 IIRC. I got one in Wilko for £1.50. I would put them on a par with Robert Dyas (and I have used Dyas's click and collect service, very good).

My daughter has just had an unpleasant experience with a Hermes delivery man. I'm away at present and she took delivery of my ABC TSV. She's on crutches at the moment and has great difficulty moving as she has dislocated her kneecap. The driver took real exception to how long it took her to get to the door, was rude and swore at her. She's put in a complaint to QVC at my insistence. She's really quite fragile at the moment so it upsets me that someone would be horrid to her, when she's not feeling great. I know they are busy, but you only have to look at her to in w that she's not being slow on purpose.

Oh, sorry to hear this Sussex Shopper. Most decent people would feel some sympathy for someone using crutches! I hope she gets better soon. :flower:

I haven't used Wilko online but do visit their store. What I like about them is they are a no fuss, no muss type of place and I have always found the staff very nice and helpful. We always had a family joke (it's not very funny!) that if you looked everywhere for something with no luck , try Wilko "cos they sell everything", said in unison. Anyway as long as you are not after a specific brand or designer, then the chances are they will have something which might do the job. I wanted a frying pan spatter guard once and in the local posh kitchen shop, they were well over £10. More like £15 IIRC. I got one in Wilko for £1.50. I would put them on a par with Robert Dyas (and I have used Dyas's click and collect service, very good).

i bought my daughter a 5 piece saucepan set in stainless steel for £15 its uncoated so no non stick to peel off in the cooking...got dozens of excellent reviews

I ordered something from Amazon on behalf of my son. It's for his dad (my ex) and he didn't want it to arrive at his place when he was at work. I had an email to say it would be delivered between 28th - 31st December so he was resigned to giving his dad an I.OU. But it arrived here this morning. And as a double dose of praise, it came via Hermes.

I could chuck something at the screen when they bang on about how easy it is send something back if you are not entirely satisfied - the reality is that this is far from the case and the presenters must know it. They would do better to keep their mouths shut. (I had a quick look at their bookface page the other day, and was surprised at how many negative comments there were about deliveries/non deliveries, condition of goods when they arrived and p & p charges).

Yes, they put as many obstacles in the way as possible, as they know that - statistically - a percentage will give up along the way. Similarly, they bang on and on about just getting things home and using your 30 day money back guarantee because they know that a proportion of those unsatisfied customers will not get around to returning the item.

Yes, that and the fact that they are far more interested in attracting new customers than retaining existing ones.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back