Huh ! Being Off Air Didn't Last Long

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Both the BBC, Sky News and One are doing hours of coverage. Then the football is on BBC One.

I have three shows recorded and then hit Netflix for Ru Paul's Drag Race Season 13 the reunion to cover me. I am halfway through The Terror by Dan Simmons so 400+ pages to go 935 pages in the book that will help if need be.

I watched the funeral. I was left with Sky as the least worst option to watch.
I found the stark simplicity incredibly moving, I felt the same about last year's Remembrance Sunday service. Windsor Castle is beautiful & combination of Jupiter, Nimrod & the ponies, standing with the carriage containing his cap & gloves, reduced me to tears.

I found the stark simplicity incredibly moving, I felt the same about last year's Remembrance Sunday service. Windsor Castle is beautiful & combination of Jupiter, Nimrod & the ponies, standing with the carriage containing his cap & gloves, reduced me to tears.
The ponies and the container of sugar lumps got me too.

Seen a bit of it later on and I’ve got to admit “The Last Post” gets me every single time, the pain, fear and sadness in those single bugler notes tips me over the edge, especially when it’s played on Armistice Day or Remembrance Sunday, I think it’s with my birthday being on the 11th of November, hits home just what was given for my freedom. 🙏❤️ 🥲

Seen a bit of it later on and I’ve got to admit “The Last Post” gets me every single time, the pain, fear and sadness in those single bugler notes tips me over the edge, especially when it’s played on Armistice Day or Remembrance Sunday, I think it’s with my birthday being on the 11th of November, hits home just what was given for my freedom. 🙏❤️ 🥲
Absolutely right Shopps.

One of my greatest regrets is that I never had children but reading all this I think I have been blessed to have had the unconditional love of some wonderful dogs.
Me too and considering all the awful crap that has gone on in our family over the years, thumbs up for dogs.

As for people not talking. I haven't seen my brother for over 30 years and I don't know why. If you're reading this and you've fallen out with your family, or haven't - and you know its your fault (it's my brother's for not getting in touch), for God's sake just pick up the ****** phone. Life's too short.

I always start weeping at the hymn Eternal Father, and those wonderful choristers and the soprano had me in bits.

Family disputes ? sometimes there are certain things that can be forgiven - but forget ? never. Words can not be 'unsaid' so relationships can seldom recover and return to what went before.

That song “Time To Say Goodbye” makes me cry every time I hear it, I don’t like goodbyes anyway (not goodbye I’m going the shops but if someone is saying goodbye because they’re going away) but hearing someone say it, or sing it, it just cracks me up, I could be at an airport with the husband and if I see someone saying “goodbye” and getting upset, then that’s it, the floodgates open. 😳

Nimrod for me, Elgar so English although I always say I am British.Can see the Malvern hills, peace, quiet. The Funeral of Prince Philip was the best a nation could do and that is what we do.
I love Nimrod, apparently it's the fact that it starts quietly, builds to a crescendo & then repeats that makes it so moving. We live about 30 miles from Malvern, it's one of my Mr T's favourite places for a long run, we go to theatre quite often & there are some lovely shops & restaurants. Walking the hills & looking at that incredible view is bliss.

I always start weeping at the hymn Eternal Father, and those wonderful choristers and the soprano had me in bits.

Family disputes ? sometimes there are certain things that can be forgiven - but forget ? never. Words can not be 'unsaid' so relationships can seldom recover and return to what went before.
That's the thing with us though. There were no disputes, no bad words. He just stopped contacting us. Other people (agencies) know where he is, what he's doing. But we don't. Confidentiality. Huh.

I have always said that I would like Nimrod at my funeral, and David Essex On and On.

3pm show - - - - what a shambles!​

Top Offers​

We're sorry.​

We're having trouble loading the items from this show.​

Please check back later or view another shows items.​

I love Nimrod, apparently it's the fact that it starts quietly, builds to a crescendo & then repeats that makes it so moving. We live about 30 miles from Malvern, it's one of my Mr T's favourite places for a long run, we go to theatre quite often & there are some lovely shops & restaurants. Walking the hills & looking at that incredible view is bliss.
My first visit to the Malvern area was after my Father died and I took my Mother there for a week away.Since then I have returned several times and thought I might retire there.There is a spot on the M25 when you round a corner and there are the Malvern Hills.Also had many happy days at the cricket ground in Worcester.Lovely memories.

Latest posts

Back