Huh ! Being Off Air Didn't Last Long

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I loved the simplicity of the service. It felt less stuffy and drawn out than a lot of royal funerals. Normally they get trivialised by the media spotting famous names.
I felt particularly moved by the Queen's loneliness in the Chapel, the exquisite singing of the 4 person choir... I thought the setting of the 104th Psalm was sublime. I was also impressed by the Poet Laureate's poem for the occasion.

Eternal Father Strong to Save was used at my dad's funeral, so that's always a tear-jerker for me too.

It was a beautiful day for a send-off. I hope it helped them that it wasn't a dreary damp day.

I had a tear or two when they started lowering the coffin and the one piper started playing and slowly moved away so the sound became more distant as the coffin disappeared. Bagpipes get to me at times like this. Lovely funeral, but so sorry Queenie was on her own. Couldn't Charles and Camilla have sat with her. Surely they must be in a bubble. She just looked lost and when she turned to look for the procession as she entered the chapel, well I was in tears. 😓

Sorry, did not watch said I would not and stuck to it. Also avoided the national news and lucky local news had a quick one of two men putting a poppy wreath on the West Belfast monument. Then back to someone being kneecapped and us coming out of lockdown.

My neighbour had Queen's Don't Stop Me Now played as he came into the funeral service. And always swore he wanted Great Balls Of Fire on entering the crematorium, The latter did not happen.

I always said I wanted a Viking funeral flaming boat going down the Lagan with Bo Raps playing. But since my body is going to medical research don't have to worry about it.

I thought the funeral was very simple and beautiful, over the years I had seen him many times driving his horse and carriage and I used to work at the Sandringham Horse Driving Trials which he instigated, designed the course and took part in the events so the seeing his carriage with his cap, gloves and sugar lump pot was so sad.

The grief of his wife and family was almost palpable.

If I could I would have my mortal remains left in a forest somewhere to feed the wildlife.

It was a lovely service so calm and dignified.So many feeling that the Queen should not have sat alone although I would not be surprised if that was not her own wish.She arrived in the car with her Lady in Waiting and HM is not a hand holding emotional person in public.She acted as she has all her life no matter how she was feeling inside.

I had a tear or two when they started lowering the coffin and the one piper started playing and slowly moved away so the sound became more distant as the coffin disappeared. Bagpipes get to me at times like this. Lovely funeral, but so sorry Queenie was on her own. Couldn't Charles and Camilla have sat with her. Surely they must be in a bubble. She just looked lost and when she turned to look for the procession as she entered the chapel, well I was in tears. 😓
The only people in the Queen's bubble are those at Windsor Castle. The Queen follows rules & will have accepted the fact that this funeral had to be the same as every other one that's taken place in the country for the last year. If anyone had sat with her it would have been widely criticised & the media would have loved it, finding every article about those who had accepted socially distanced funerals & comparing the Royal family to the one last year where a man got pulled away by crematoria staff when he went to support his sobbing mother. I worked with someone whose husband died very suddenly & when she was waiting outside the operating theatre for news a nurse asked her if she wanted anyone to sit with her, she replied that she had God with her & he was comfort enough; it's possible that the Queen, who is a Christian, found comfort in her faith.

I loved the simplicity of the service. It felt less stuffy and drawn out than a lot of royal funerals. Normally they get trivialised by the media spotting famous names.
I felt particularly moved by the Queen's loneliness in the Chapel, the exquisite singing of the 4 person choir... I thought the setting of the 104th Psalm was sublime. I was also impressed by the Poet Laureate's poem for the occasion.

Eternal Father Strong to Save was used at my dad's funeral, so that's always a tear-jerker for me too.

It was a beautiful day for a send-off. I hope it helped them that it wasn't a dreary damp day.
Lovely words, MML. It was a beautiful day & Windsor Castle looked wonderful. My parents' funerals were on sunny days with clear blue skies, mum wanted hers to be like a summer party in the garden & dad wanted us to wear something yellow. It's easy to ask people to do that, difficult when you're the one following that request & it's the last thing you want to do.

" If anyone had sat with her it would have been widely criticised & the media would have loved it, finding every article about those who had accepted socially distanced funerals & comparing the Royal family to the one last year where a man got pulled away by crematoria staff when he went to support his sobbing mother."

Since rolling news began years ago, the media have rapidly become the devil incarnate in their reporting. Journalists and news presenters leap on the slightest titbit and turn it into a headline, milking it for all its worth, and getting as many talking heads as possible giving 'their opinion'.

In many instances they 'create' the news - I don't mean fake news, but by taking the smallest 'slight' or a piece of data information, and wheyyyyy ! an inconsequential piece that no-one would have bothered or cared about is suddenly turned into a very important item. And don't get me started on the puerile and inane questions that these news idiots ask their 'victims'.

" If anyone had sat with her it would have been widely criticised & the media would have loved it, finding every article about those who had accepted socially distanced funerals & comparing the Royal family to the one last year where a man got pulled away by crematoria staff when he went to support his sobbing mother."

Since rolling news began years ago, the media have rapidly become the devil incarnate in their reporting. Journalists and news presenters leap on the slightest titbit and turn it into a headline, milking it for all its worth, and getting as many talking heads as possible giving 'their opinion'.

In many instances they 'create' the news - I don't mean fake news, but by taking the smallest 'slight' or a piece of data information, and wheyyyyy ! an inconsequential piece that no-one would have bothered or cared about is suddenly turned into a very important item. And don't get me started on the puerile and inane questions that these news idiots ask their 'victims'.
To be fair tabloids have done this for decades.

Sorry, did not watch said I would not and stuck to it. Also avoided the national news and lucky local news had a quick one of two men putting a poppy wreath on the West Belfast monument. Then back to someone being kneecapped and us coming out of lockdown.

My neighbour had Queen's Don't Stop Me Now played as he came into the funeral service. And always swore he wanted Great Balls Of Fire on entering the crematorium, The latter did not happen.

I always said I wanted a Viking funeral flaming boat going down the Lagan with Bo Raps playing. But since my body is going to medical research don't have to worry about it.
My hubby wants Highway to Hell by AC/DC as the coffin goes into the oven. I hope it is one of his jokes.
Con te partiro for me but just with Andrea Bocelli A Thousand Years by Christina Perri is another idea as well.
Didn't watch the funeral or news it was too nice not be in the garden.

Prince Phillip was the only one in her bubble that is why she was sitting away from the others.

My hubby wants Highway to Hell by AC/DC as the coffin goes into the oven. I hope it is one of his jokes.
Con te partiro for me but just with Andrea Bocelli A Thousand Years by Christina Perri is another idea as well.
Didn't watch the funeral or news it was too nice not be in the garden.
Wouldn't be a joke for my hubby lemonpop. AC/DC, Black Sabbath or Zeppelin at his funeral. No doubt about that. That's just the way he is. Chrissie Hynde and the Pretenders "I Go To Sleep" is another he wants. If anyone wasn't blubbering before that they soon would be. Such a sad song, but he loves it. Our friend who died last month had Stairway to Heaven, yet again sobbing time, but I was already sobbing anyway. 😢

Wouldn't be a joke for my hubby lemonpop. AC/DC, Black Sabbath or Zeppelin at his funeral. No doubt about that. That's just the way he is. Chrissie Hynde and the Pretenders "I Go To Sleep" is another he wants. If anyone wasn't blubbering before that they soon would be. Such a sad song, but he loves it. Our friend who died last month had Stairway to Heaven, yet again sobbing time, but I was already sobbing anyway. 😢
My brother in law wants Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd.

Latest posts

Back