I have decided.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Finally, there's that rush you get from "winning" auctions. Look at the language Gemporia uses in the VTs Ellis loves to show ad nauseam. There's no talk about buying, but the voiceover guy goes on about "How to play". It's not like going to the high street and spending money you might not really have on awful jewellery; Gemporia treats it like a game, and "auctions" are deliberately held in a way to get viewers wound up and reacting emotionally, not thinking coolly and logically (which is probably why so many people cancel their orders before midnight, because they've calmed down and been able to properly consider what they have done).

They also use that choice of wording in their Terms & Conditions on their website. It baffles me how it's allowed.

As for people cancelling their orders before midnight - I was once told that 11.50pm is a busy period on their phone lines because lots of people phone up to cancel, or partially cancel, their orders.

That's obviously the time that realisation kicks in that they're due to pay hundreds of pounds for some gold plated tat, a hideous fluorescent yellow scarf, some PJs that can be found on Temu for 75% less, a carved Jadeite hippocrocopig thingy, a Visage make-up trowel, and one of Steve's wrinkle-reducing Darth Vader masks.

They also use that choice of wording in their Terms & Conditions on their website. It baffles me how it's allowed.

As for people cancelling their orders before midnight - I was once told that 11.50pm is a busy period on their phone lines because lots of people phone up to cancel, or partially cancel, their orders.

That's obviously the time that realisation kicks in that they're due to pay hundreds of pounds for some gold plated tat, a hideous fluorescent yellow scarf, some PJs that can be found on Temu for 75% less, a carved Jadeite hippocrocopig thingy, a Visage make-up trowel, and one of Steve's wrinkle-reducing Darth Vader masks.
HA!

If these things really work, why don't all the presenters look about 12 years old?

And if they really work, why would you also want to buy skiploads of Visage to hide perceived "flaws"? You shouldn't any after using Steve's magic technology

The beauty industry is such a con, making people insecure about their looks, and then screwing as much money as possible out of them. And Kati wandering the halls of Gemporia Towers looking like an LSD-addled, dragged up Ronald McDonald is hysterical. Yet people aren't put off by it. 🤡

Its the Zambezia Morganite that I had in mind when referring to 'colourless'.

Apart from the Cherry Blossom Morganite that Yianni sourced for them, the Morganite that Gemporia have had has been shocking since the Galileia material become unavailable. I say 'Morganite', it was actually irradiated Goshenite, hence why it was so colourless.
The Galileia 'happened' just before I took real notice of the channel. It had 'gone' by the time I started proper watching. How could they do that to one stone and change it's name? Ilegal, as in false advertising.

It would make you feel less lonely and isolated. And inclined to trust them more.
I think there's a 'customer' in one of the adverts, mainly shown on GC, that talks about that 'lonely' aspect and having 'friends' in your living room.
"How to play". It's not like going to the high street and spending money you might not really have on awful jewellery
You know, I've never really thought about that how to play aspect. It hints of gambling: which is obviously addictive, and maybe the reason Mirabelle ended up the way she did, financially? Supposition of someone who I've only ever seen as a 'name', but still.

The Galileia 'happened' just before I took real notice of the channel. It had 'gone' by the time I started proper watching. How could they do that to one stone and change it's name? Ilegal, as in false advertising.

I think there's a 'customer' in one of the adverts, mainly shown on GC, that talks about that 'lonely' aspect and having 'friends' in your living room.

You know, I've never really thought about that how to play aspect. It hints of gambling: which is obviously addictive, and maybe the reason Mirabelle ended up the way she did, financially? Supposition of someone who I've only ever seen as a 'name', but still.
All the gambling ads, including the national lottery, tell you to 'play responsibly'. Gemporia should also carry a similar warning, especially after Mirabella.

Also, if gemstones, no matter how filled, oiled, irradiated, heated, dyed or coated, can cure you of everything from an ingrown toenail to death, why are Gemporia selling SB's supplements and Toby's CBD oil?

All you have to do is rub yourself down with some cheap gems, and you'll be right as rain. Won't you?

It's almost as if Gemporia doesn't believe in the airyfairy crystal healing guff it let Jainey Bennett and Lynn push at viewers over the last few years

Latest posts

Back