I'm really hating............

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Agreed! They’re really good - and I was a cynic!

But I am having palpitations now - literally (I have a heart condition!) as just checked forecast for Tues and it’s now saying 42 degrees!! 😳

Barely survived today!

Good luck to everyone!

I really hope that any GP would tell Alison or anyone else trying to see them for an ingrown toenail where to go - can’t believe she’d even think that was an appropriate use of a GP’s time even in normal circumstances let alone ATM!

My mum couldn’t even get to speak to a GP let alone see one for months, until she ended up in A&E where the consultant was worried she had a tumour - and even then they still did triage and phone call first...

I used to get ingrowns really badly as a teenager and had a few podiatrist appointments (I have circulation probs), but touch would not had them for a long while..

I’m really sorry about your neurological symptoms, hope you can manage them okay and hope heat isn’t bad where you are to flare them up...
Take care.

It makes my conditions worse too. Yuck!

(But please don’t watch This Morning for medical advice, will you?! At least nothing serious! 😉)

Thank you - yours, too. I also have circulation problems. I'm wearing my Heat Holder socks tonight!

It's not so much for advice as to listen to what's new and health headlines. I'm a reader so will read papers on new treatments etc. I often go down an internet rabbit hole reading med studies. It's a habit from my old job in the NHS but I'm so out of the loop now.

Toril! Mazza! Aldi and Lidl have window netting on offer quite often.

I put some up on my bedroom and bathroom windows a few years ago. They're not pretty but I get really bad reactions to insect bites and am not fond of the thought of getting moths in the house because of the damage they can do. I won't kill spiders but I will catch them in my Aldi spider catcher and give them a new home away from the house.

I have been thinking about getting one of the netting frames to put across the windows but, to be honest, I’ve been ok today. The house is a lot cooler than outside. 👍

One thing I found out though is that it is better not to drop the bowl of cold water, for sticking your feet in, on the lounge carpet. Water goes a long way when spilled. 😂 Thank goodness for those Kuhn Rikon microfibre cloths. I had to use four of them to mop it most of it up. It’s still drying out now though. 😳

31.5C now at 1440. I am finding breathing uncomfortable as the air is so hot to breathe in. Not experienced this before.

It is now a bit hotter outside than in the house, so perhaps I should close all my windows, which is counterintuitive. This was recommended on the radio, but probably a bit too late now, I should hvave done it as soon as I got up.

I'm really old-fashioned so do what my nan taught me.

In the winter all my curtains are closed at sunset to keep cold air out. In the summer all the curtains are closed to keep cool air in! It does work as long as you haven't allowed warm air in. It's 21 in my living room and has been all day as I kept them closed while there was any sun on them yesterday and only open windows if there's a cool breeze coming in.

My fan has been on the first setting since about 4pm. I've just had to put a jumper on. I think by now most people know I'm odd :LOL:

I have been thinking about getting one of the netting frames to put across the windows but, to be honest, I’ve been ok today. The house is a lot cooler than outside. 👍

One thing I found out though is that it is better not to drop the bowl of cold water, for sticking your feet in, on the lounge carpet. Water goes a long way when spilled. 😂 Thank goodness for those Kuhn Rikon microfibre cloths. I had to use four of them to mop it most of it up. It’s still drying out now though. 😳

Thank goodness for KR cloths!

I wish we had screens built in here like the do in the US and Canada. There are a few companies over here that do supply and/or fit them but they're very expensive. Cheaper if you're good at DIY but neither of us are here so it's temporary mesh for the time being.

I keep the curtains closed as I have a south facing rear garden so the sun streams in. The temp reached 38c from about 3.00 onwards til around 7pm, and it was like sitting in front of a furnace, so the air was stifling despite the windows being open.

Sitting with feet in cold water, I also resorted to slapping a cold wet tea towel at the back of my neck. It helped. Walked the dog at 9.15 pm and forgot to put midge spray on, so I have about 5 bites on foot and leg - ****** Summer !

Just turned midnight, the temp has gone down to 20c and is quite cool outside, so will sit outside for half an hour before bed. Roll on Wednesday when temps are back to 'normal'.

It‘s 32C at the moment…9.13 a.m.! I’ve decided against going out and am downstairs with two fans on the go. The Dyson is supposed to have a cooling effect and I have quite a strong normal fan to waft the air about. This is the first time I have ever needed two on the go at once. I am very grateful that when our Woolworths closed down I snapped up two fans!

, I also resorted to slapping a cold wet tea towel at the back of my neck. It helped.
QVC sold some special neck towels which you put in water, then wrung out almost dry, then shook it to activate its "magical properties".

I thought it was all QVC hype, but bought some (they came in 3s I think) and they really were remarkable.

They felt ice cold on my neck, but after a while this wears off. Then you just shake them again and they become ice cold again. You can do this for hours.

So much for the hottest day and all the hype!

It's been overcast and very dull here, and the temperature has been dropping ever since I've been up, now 24C.

We have had thunder and lightning for about an hour, but so far only a few spots of rain - - - I would like more for my grass.

It feels very cool and refreshing outside, inside is much hotter.

Well the sun has arrived here and it was very hot yesterday yet nothing like the temperature most of you are getting . Mr L isn’t feeling too good and as he can’t stand the heat it’s just adds the sour cherry to the cake.

Actually quite breezy in the back garden so sitting in shorts and putting off going inside for as long as possible.

Agree that curtains closed before it gets hot, windows open on the non sunny side only and for us anyway one of the wet neck towels.

I think here it is to get much cooler from tomorrow so I hope for the non sun lovers amongst us you get some much needed relief.

QVC sold some special neck towels which you put in water, then wrung out almost dry, then shook it to activate its "magical properties".

I thought it was all QVC hype, but bought some (they came in 3s I think) and they really were remarkable.

They felt ice cold on my neck, but after a while this wears off. Then you just shake them again and they become ice cold again. You can do this for hours.

Those towels are excellent. Much better than flannels or tea towels wrung out.

I can't remember where I got them from but I assume Q's would be similar.

Those towels are excellent. Much better than flannels or tea towels wrung out.

I can't remember where I got them from but I assume Q's would be similar.
I got mine in Dobbies- not the cheapest but really good quality. On holiday I wet it, wring it out, fold it into a small ziplock bag in my handbag. When it gets too warm I bring it out, give it a good flick place around the neck or wrists until cooled, back in the ziplock until i get too hot again and so on, when I get home it is as damp as it was first thing, rinse out and start all over again.

I got mine in Dobbies- not the cheapest but really good quality. On holiday I wet it, wring it out, fold it into a small ziplock bag in my handbag. When it gets too warm I bring it out, give it a good flick place around the neck or wrists until cooled, back in the ziplock until i get too hot again and so on, when I get home it is as damp as it was first thing, rinse out and start all over again.
My QVC one sounds the same, has a strong ziplock bag with a caribina.

It’s 38C here now but I’m quite cool, thanks to a fan and a bowl of cold water for my feet. 😉

PS: After dropping the bowl yesterday, the lounge carpet has now dried out. 👍

It was raining earlier and now quite breezy and cooler and we were only just reaching mid 20’s - I don’t know how to cope in your temperatures especially since they have lasted for more than a day or two.

Latest posts

Back