I'm really hating............

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
the disgustingly different painted plastic talons on display. They're everywhere, on the jewellery shows, shoe presentations, beauty products etc etc. (not QVC but entertainment programmes are rife with them, black girls in particular seem to believe the longer the better. Even on news programmes there are some guests who look crass with them )

They don't even look 'nice'. They only look good when they are just slightly longer then the natural nail bed, French polished, or at least all one colour. I'm not a fan either of the blues, greens, yellows or patterned. Fashion I know, but keeping it simple, and 'chic' can't be beaten.

I'm with you Brissles on this. All this nail art and long pointed nails gives me the heebie jeebies.
I have a cousin who us forever posting pics on FB of her latest look and promoting her friends nail business. It doesn't help that in a lot of cases the cuticles of the people having fancy nails are badly maintained and the whole look is just crass.

How do people with these talon-like nails manage to prepare food for themselves or for their families? Can you imagine what would happen, for example, if they made pastry or stuffed a chicken? Would a nail come off, maybe, and stay in the food, or would particles of uncooked food stay under their nails? IMO, not only are these nails unattractive, but also health hazards.

I totally agree about these huge talons. Do these women do any housework? I can’t imagine how they can even wash their hair, get dressed etc with those thing on your fingers. I do like to have my natural nails manicured and painted but I prefer more muted colours.

If I have a customer with talons at my counter and they require change I put it on the counter rather than in their hand because I do not want to make contact with their nails and whatever might be festering underneath them and it's entertaining watching them trying to pick up the coins.

If I have a customer with talons at my counter and they require change I put it on the counter rather than in their hand because I do not want to make contact with their nails and whatever might be festering underneath them and it's entertaining watching them trying to pick up the coins.
I've got the picture, Susie, and it's funny to imagine them scooping up their change.

Fashion is not always practical tbh.
That's true.

I totally agree about these huge talons. Do these women do any housework? I can’t imagine how they can even wash their hair, get dressed etc with those thing on your fingers. I do like to have my natural nails manicured and painted but I prefer more muted colours.
Well manicured, varnished nails - in one colour - are feminine and classy. Talons, especially those that hook over at the end, are not in the least sophisticated or classy IMO, of course.

I remember seeing on a TV show a woman with those pointy long false nails making meatballs from scratch. Very weird and yucky looking. They seem to do this thing of the flat part of their fingers to work, not the tops.

I agree Lil, way back when, when I was young enough to get the attention of lads, I immediately looked at their hands,........ and teeth ! ( I know, it was like checking a horse ! ) but hey, they are two areas that show if someone looks after themselves.

These days, the add ons are nasal and ear hair, and if I'm honest the much older men who sport 'stubble' just makes them look scruffy and a lot older.

I agree Lil, way back when, when I was young enough to get the attention of lads, I immediately looked at their hands,........ and teeth ! ( I know, it was like checking a horse ! ) but hey, they are two areas that show if someone looks after themselves.

These days, the add ons are nasal and ear hair, and if I'm honest the much older men who sport 'stubble' just makes them look scruffy and a lot older.
Also curly grey chest hair peeking out of an unbuttoned shirt. 🤮

Latest posts

Back