Is Julia Okay

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She posted on Instagram with pictures of herself in a park to ‘im walking away’ now in my world a female posts that about love. Has there been a marriage breakdown? I caught her for a few minutes on tv the other day and did think she looked very small and not herself.
My issue is people dropping titbits, either keep your news private or just say what is happening. It’s a little bit attention seeking to put on a public space without context. Here’s me speculating her hubby and her are in trouble when it could be something completely different.

She posted on Instagram with pictures of herself in a park to ‘im walking away’ now in my world a female posts that about love. Has there been a marriage breakdown? I caught her for a few minutes on tv the other day and did think she looked very small and not herself.
My issue is people dropping titbits, either keep your news private or just say what is happening. It’s a little bit attention seeking to put on a public space without context. Here’s me speculating her hubby and her are in trouble when it could be something completely different.
Just had a look and I wish her no ill, 'cause I wouldn't wish ill on anyone. The Woman's sad for some reason, but FGS why reference Qvc brands like her Joules raincoat, Elemis bath foam and provide a link to a tsv - really?! Is it sympathy you're after, or sales? Make your mind up!

Agree! What’s the point of going into ‘poor me’ mode? Either say what the problem is, or shut up! Most of us can rake up a sad anniversary for any month of the year if we are that way inclined, and want to seek a bit of attention .

Well if it is a 'loss', then its more than crass to envelope it with QVC advertising. Although I'm sure if there was a bereavement she would have taken time off - well, most people would anyway.

I agree with Irishbliss, 'titbit' dropping is like someone telling you only half a secret then tapping their nose. Its just childish. If its ever done to me, I just say " don't tell me then, because it can't be important in which case I'm not interested".

I've always wondered why she has felt the need to 'share' her health problems with viewers anyway. She doesn't know them/us, and she has clearly been able to carry on working despite her issues. When Chuntley was off for months she, I remember, gave out intriguing bits of information that had everyone surmising and guessing, but never any clear reason why she was off for so long. Did anybody care ? I don't think so.

Last edited:
Julia put a tweet out about October not being great and the next few weeks will be hard. I do hope she is okay healthwise
She did a live in Instagram a few weeks ago, reason for her finding October hard is it is a year since she had the surgery to remove a tumour on her pituitary gland.

She did a live in Instagram a few weeks ago, reason for her finding October hard is it is a year since she had the surgery to remove a tumour on her pituitary gland.
That's unfortunate but having had a tumour removed from glands myself on 3 separate occasions (and yes, I know, it's not a competition), why make such a thing an anniversary? If the removal was successful, why keep looking back on it. I know I sound unsympathetic but I'm not as I know the trauma surgery and worry has on a person but why keep visiting the past?

Saying that, everyone deals with things in a different way and I wish Julia well with her health.

CC

You'd drive yourself nuts if you continually dwell on events from the past. Look what its done to Prince Harry - to hear him talk he's the only chap in the world to have lost his Mum as a young child. We've all suffered cr@p in the past . We've all suffered bereavement in one way or another, be it human or 4 legged. A great many of us have a health issue - life threatening or no. But we can't let these things define us, or it just makes the life we have left to live a lot of rubbish to get through.

It's interesting to see such marked differences in how people treat illness. My mum and a family friend were both diagnosed with multiple sclerosis at the same time. Both women of similar age. My mum's attitude to illness was f*** that, it doesn't define me, I've got a life to live. The other took to her bed and was in a wheelchair within 2 years. It took a broken hip 20 years later to put mum in one. She lurched, staggered and fell over a lot but just gave it the Harvey Smith's and got on with her life.
A lot of the time it comes down to attitude. My mum and I didn't always see eye to eye, but when I was diagnosed with a serious illness, it was mum's attitude and spirit I tried to emulate.
On Q I don't notice Ali K alluding to illness. She seems to keep moving forwards. Yes, it can be tiresome with all the fuss about the wedding then grandkids, but she's moving on and focused on the future and the good things in life.
Severe illness and treatment and waiting on diagnosis then further treatment is challenging. Supporting loved ones going through it is actually worse imo, as you can't take their pain and distress away for them.
I hope Julia can move forward and not dwell on the negatives in the past.
You can't drive to your next destination, nor enjoy the journey if your eyes are glued to the rear view mirror.

Latest posts

Back