Is Marvel Drucker still around?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sorry Loveinamist.

Actually, I was thinking of the wrong watch man.

APOLOGIES, I really liked Marcel Drucker, and bought a watch that has a magnifying lens over the dial that springs open to read small print eg ingredients on jars.

He promised to provide new watch batteries for life, and he sent me one for mine when it was needed.

I think the watch man I was thinking of had a name something like KLIGER. Does anyone know who I mean?

He was an awful man, know who you mean I think you are right about the name.

I bought two Marcel Drucker 'vatches' as gifts for mum and a friend, they were nice watches, and both still going strong years later. I can only imagine the poor old chap has snuffed it by now, I'm sure he was quite elderly.

Anthony Kliger was the snooty diamond supplier to the stars who, strangely, needed to come on QVC to peddle his vibrating cleaner and also a range of Diamoneeeeeeek.

The Marcel Company is still going strong.. don't know about Marcel's ticker though.

I purchased a talking watch in 2003, (mans version)
sa8192515121-e8.jpg
It lasted about 4 years then just became unresponsive. I contacted the Marcel company, I jiffy bagged watch to USA (they emailed promising a free replacement) and I heard nothing. So I assumed I would never get a new Marcel back, but then fell in love with a Patek
O.M.G!!! I DO remember the Anthony sonic jewellery guy - looked a little like Des O'connor.
20718_front_blitz_ultrasonic_cleaner.jpg
He even issued a silver plated version of his sonic cleaner..on one show he produced 3 rings to the combined value of £100k - and proceeded to plop them in the cleaner bucket. He did seem incredibly arrogant, and he did like his black polo neck sweaters (I often wondered whom he might have ripped off to gain his 18k gold date just) :angel:

Last edited:
I have a watch (though I haven't worn it for a long time) from one of Marcel's early shows when he represented the Oleg Cassini watches (made by Drucker under licence). I must dig it out and get a battery fitted now I think about it.

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back