Is Marvel Drucker still around?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

WildRose

Registered Shopper
It has occured to me that I have not seen Marcel Drucker around, him who gives watches to Heads of State's. Has he also gone to the great wide QVC heaven? Only ever bought one watch from him as a present, but it was ok

I thought he was very arrogant (and he thought he really was a MARVEL).

I bought one of his jewellery cleaning machines, it was expensive and pretty useless.

Recently I got a proper ultrasonic cleaner from Lidl for less money.

SEE MY CORRECTION POST BELOW

Last edited:

Sorry Loveinamist.

Actually, I was thinking of the wrong watch man.

APOLOGIES, I really liked Marcel Drucker, and bought a watch that has a magnifying lens over the dial that springs open to read small print eg ingredients on jars.

He promised to provide new watch batteries for life, and he sent me one for mine when it was needed.

I think the watch man I was thinking of had a name something like KLIGER. Does anyone know who I mean?

Last edited:
When I first started watching qvc around 9 years ago, MD was one of the first shows I watched, and I remember listening in disbelief at the telephone callers - they were drooooling over his watches, and he was being regarded as sitting on the right hand of God. I thought at first it was one big 'wind up' (sorry), but no, people were actually ringing in and THANKING him for making these ott waaaaatches. In fact all the waaaaatches were the same technology wise (2p a bucketful from China), only the straps were different. Sadly not for me.

Off topic slightly but I liked Klaus Kobec watches. Have a pink face, pink leather strap watch with diamond markers for the numbers. Very simple but very elegant.

When I first started watching qvc around 9 years ago, MD was one of the first shows I watched, and I remember listening in disbelief at the telephone callers - they were drooooling over his watches, and he was being regarded as sitting on the right hand of God. I thought at first it was one big 'wind up' (sorry), but no, people were actually ringing in and THANKING him for making these ott waaaaatches. In fact all the waaaaatches were the same technology wise (2p a bucketful from China), only the straps were different. Sadly not for me.

He sold vaaaaatches not waaaaatches.:giggle:

Someone was selling an old Marcel Drucker watch at a car boot sale recently. It looked like a bit of old toot really.

Off topic slightly but I liked Klaus Kobec watches. Have a pink face, pink leather strap watch with diamond markers for the numbers. Very simple but very elegant.
I've got the white version of that watch (I got mine from Ibuy many moons ago!) and I always get compliments when I wear it and people asking where I got it from.

I've got the white version of that watch (I got mine from Ibuy many moons ago!) and I always get compliments when I wear it and people asking where I got it from.

Oh I bet that's lovely too. I saw the White version in a shop in a posh London hotel. Not sure if La Q ever sold that version. Think they did another colour but that might have been pale blue. They were a darned sight more expensive in thus hotel I can tell you!

I have three Klaus Kobac watches retro tank dial. A blue,pink and black all bought on ebay some years back for less than half QVC charged. I know they are real as I did register them with KK.

Latest posts

Back