It really gets my goat....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
when on fashion presentations the same item is repeated half an hour later !

Example: Watching Ronni Nicole there was a stretch dress in black and blue colourways, and Ali K was wearing a yellow lace number, which was also described. I then turned over to watch the news, and 40 minutes later returned to RN to see the same items being described in full details yet again !!

Understandable when items are repeated in differently timed shows throughout the day, but its happening too often when there are repeats within the same 60 minutes. Its groan time when you hear the words "we're now returning to.......'. and they should have enough different products to last the hour, even if it means dipping into the old inventory that has a good stock level.

Example: Watching Ronni Nicole there was a stretch dress in black and blue colourways, and Ali K was wearing a yellow lace number, which was also described. I then turned over to watch the news, and 40 minutes later returned to RN to see the same items being described in full details yet again !!

Understandable when items are repeated in differently timed shows throughout the day, but its happening too often when there are repeats within the same 60 minutes. Its groan time when you hear the words "we're now returning to.......'. and they should have enough different products to last the hour, even if it means dipping into the old inventory that has a good stock level.
I think it really shows that either Q are limiting what they buy from brands, or the brands are limiting what they sell to Q. It does make their hours boring and repetitive. I think they must have to sell a certain % of the stock of an item by the end of a show to be able to stop mentioning it. They rarely have sellouts at least when I've watched recently. Q rely on sellouts for the energy and urgency of customers responding to exhortations to "jump to the phones", so they won't stop until they can at least shriek "limited stock" on some items.

No wonder we are noticing and turning off with how samey the stock presented has become!

Like so many other aspects of the Q this is tatty. Talking of tatty I saw a shot of a model sitting on the teal velvet chair they use in footwear hours, there was a sizeable chunk of the venner missing from one of the chair legs. Slipshod or what?

I’ve often wondered about those white heeled galoshes (aka pathologists’ boots ) that quite a few of the models and QVC presenters wear. Do they each have their own pair or is there a ‘communal’ pair (in a couple of sizes) ?

Every single time I’ve channel hopped on QVC over the past couple of days (or Q as it’s now touted possibly because you can’t say QVC without saying C.H.E.E.S.E) I’ve landed on Elasticizer or Margaret Dabbs, most of the brands have gone now so i suppose if they didn’t show these two products there’d be very little to flog. It’s obvious now that they’re struggling, especially with the new younger breed of shoppers who grew up with the internet and the world of shopping at their feet who won’t stand for the expensive postage, prehistoric retail services and slow returns, and who can blame them.

When I went around the Studios, they had the products for the various hours laid out ready, on what I thought looked a bit like, stainless steel catering trolleys.
That must have been about 14 years ago now when I think about it.

Every single time I’ve channel hopped on QVC over the past couple of days (or Q as it’s now touted possibly because you can’t say QVC without saying C.H.E.E.S.E) I’ve landed on Elasticizer or Margaret Dabbs, most of the brands have gone now so i suppose if they didn’t show these two products there’d be very little to flog. It’s obvious now that they’re struggling, especially with the new younger breed of shoppers who grew up with the internet and the world of shopping at their feet who won’t stand for the expensive postage, prehistoric retail services and slow returns, and who can blame them.

And if us 'oldies' don't want to wear Rennee/Anttony/Nina/Michelle/ or look tight in a top like Ruthie, then there is not a cat in hell's chance of the young'uns wanting to wear it !

And if us 'oldies' don't want to wear Rennee/Anttony/Nina/Michelle/ or look tight in a top like Ruthie, then there is not a cat in hell's chance of the young'uns wanting to wear it !

Thats true, and the newbies know you can buy a polyester shirt anywhere free delivery for a fiver, the price of Q postage alone.:geek:

Latest posts

Back