I've done it

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

fredab

Registered Shopper
I have emailed QVC and asked why smarmy (CB) does beauty shows etc. He was on with Laura Geller yesterday and completely p***es me off. I see from the schedule today that he is on to do Carole H sleepwear at 7 pm. Wonder if he will be wearing one of the TSVs or if he will be wearing that dreadful grey cardi again.:puke:

Be interesting to see what response I get. I emailed under the heading "suggestions". Suggestion - get him of the ****** TV and back to IOW with her majesty LE of Avon.

To be fair i think that Charlie stepped in for Ali Y(dont know why) as she was supposed to do the Beyond 40 and LG hours last night. I agree he doesnt ask the questions that his female colleagues might, but the more shows he does he'll learn?( i think he's great on the fashion hours) - but imo he did well under the circumstances and its nice to get the male opinion? I 've got to say that i dont find Charlie annoying etc so i may be biased in my opinion:sun:

I like Charlie too & think he did ok on the beauty shows, better than A. Dawson is doing at the moment anyway with her strident voice & nasty gnashers. I guess we all have presenters that we dislike to boiling point but emailing QVC about it seems a bit extreme.

Last edited:
I think Charlie does a decent fist of beauty and fashion at least he's not up his own ar-e unlike some of the female presenters appear to be!

I've always liked him and much prefer him doing the beauty shows than some of the simpering female presenters.
I know he's not that popular on here but i don't find him smarmy at all.

i have no issue with charlie doing "ladies" shows......tbh,I sometimes find it much nicer than screeching AY or listening to some of the ridiculous flannel that the female presenters come out with:doh:

I can't listen to him, I have very sensitive hearing and for some reason his softly spoken tones make me want to run away screaming. His presenting is fine apart from the big reveal which bugs me but I just have to avoid him. Now AD I avoid for many, many reasons, voice is on the list but not in the top three :grin:

Vampy don't keep us in suspense what are the top three reasons?
Her voice is top of my list.

1. Her blagging freebies.
The day she started scrounging shoes from a guest put this right at the top.
2. Moaning that she needs a holiday and how tired she is and sprawling on the bed for the whole NN shows while the guest stands and does the work. Also when she sat in a sun lounger (RJ was plonked in the other one) and let a heavily pregnant guest assemble and dismantle a large gazebo type thingy.
3. Her ego mania, she hates anyone else getting any attention, she flipped out when LE spoke to Debbie the model for half a minute and it was relevant.
4. The voice. The woman claims to be a linguist but repeatedly called Miguel Migwell. So not just the voice but what she does with it.
5. That she doesn't turn herself out nicely at times purely because I was taught that it was disrespectful not to be at least half right looking when dealing with people.

I shall join Oscar in his trash can after tea.

I'm getting a bit tired of seeing Charlie doing beauty and fashion shows too. They hardly ever have any of the other male presenters doing them though so why Charlie all the time? In his defence though, I think he was standing in for Alison yesterday.

1. Her blagging freebies.
The day she started scrounging shoes from a guest put this right at the top.
2. Moaning that she needs a holiday and how tired she is and sprawling on the bed for the whole NN shows while the guest stands and does the work. Also when she sat in a sun lounger (RJ was plonked in the other one) and let a heavily pregnant guest assemble and dismantle a large gazebo type thingy.
3. Her ego mania, she hates anyone else getting any attention, she flipped out when LE spoke to Debbie the model for half a minute and it was relevant.
4. The voice. The woman claims to be a linguist but repeatedly called Miguel Migwell. So not just the voice but what she does with it.
5. That she doesn't turn herself out nicely at times purely because I was taught that it was disrespectful not to be at least half right looking when dealing with people.

I shall join Oscar in his trash can after tea.

She was doing this again in the LG hour today! She was wittering on about how Laura had very kindly sent her some products to try and was dropping hints about the B&B-to-go! I thought "tcha!! some of us have to pay for the bliddy things." Except I didn't actually buy anything after all, cos no way am I paying for products when Ann Dawson is getting them for nowt.

Another Charlie fan here, the only show I dont like Charlie doing is the... in the kitchen shows, if there is food about, he appears like a complete gannet, he will spend the whole show eating ... savory/sweet/soup and in any order he is not fussy. Bless, his legs must be hollow.:mysmilie_845:

i don't mind him but i do find it odd he's presenting all these beauty shows all the time i wonder if it's his decision if it is it's just odd not being sexist or meaning to be sexist but how can he relate to make up hrs?

He is on at the moment doing the CH show and look at him waving his hands about again. And all his other annoying habits especially when he does jewellery shows and opens the box and says "this here" and the habit of biting his bottom lip. Urrrgh. His cardi must be in the wash today.
I cannot bear AD either - its her voice. Does anyone know how old she is? Only she seems to have really aged lately. Maybe she should have made a purchase of yesterday's mars dust TSV.

Everyone has a presenter they particularly dislike and mine is smarmy.

Latest posts

Back