I've ordered a Slanket!!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I thought a lot of people laughed at the slanket when they first came out but now that its getting really cold they might be a good idea but think loveheart is right, a blanket does the same job and a lot cheaper

I've just investigated these things because of this thread,they do look cozy even though they have a whiff of Star Wars about them,Obi Wan....etc,however,SUTHELI has pointed out that Primark are doing their own version for 6 quid,I will buy one of those first to test drive it,especially as the Primark verison will be made of the same 100% polyester as the QVC ones.

Now...........a slanket in 100% cashmere,like the best quality cashmere,how much do reckon that would cost?? about a grand I think,3 grand if it had Chanel or Gucci written on it.

Now look here SS, if I can sit on my settee with Pepsi the mutt with a £3.00 Primark blanket then you can do the same. You do not need a BLANKET WITH ARMS. I was joking about the pashmina's by the way.

Fair enough, LH, Pippa and I will follow the example set by you and Pepsi and will f.a.r.t. on the slanket (Pippa would really do that on the actual slanket, so it's probably for the best...:giggle:)

I've just investigated these things because of this thread,they do look cozy even though they have a whiff of Star Wars about them,Obi Wan....etc,however,SUTHELI has pointed out that Primark are doing their own version for 6 quid,I will buy one of those first to test drive it,especially as the Primark verison will be made of the same 100% polyester as the QVC ones.

Now...........a slanket in 100% cashmere,like the best quality cashmere,how much do reckon that would cost?? about a grand I think,3 grand if it had Chanel or Gucci written on it.

I think you've hit on something there, BFT - the Pashmina Slanket :D Just don't tell Loveheart :giggle:

I think you've hit on something there, BFT - the Pashmina Slanket :D Just don't tell Loveheart :giggle:

Do you reckon she'd be up for such a decadent purchase?,lol.I bet you they probably exist, somewhere on Madison Ave..........I know you can get cashmere blankets so the slanket would the next step in the evolution:tongue2:.

I got one for our house, one for my parents and one for the in-laws. I guess I don't want to go anywhere without a slanket. Only thing is, at my Mum's I'd have to fight off my Dad (he is surgically attached to it, apparently, but they do live in Cromarty!), and at my in-laws I'd have to fight off my father-in-law, and he's a right fatso so I'd never win.
If my husband ever gets a hold of it, he falls asleep within seconds.

People may laugh, they may make fake Slanket commercials on YouTube (yes they do), but I think they're blooming brilliant!

:clapping: me and 5000 others this hour!
Am I sad??

Well if you're sad, then I'm old too (Who would've thought that being sad would sound better than being old?) Another good substitute is 'busy', as in 'Oh I'm far too busy (old) to learn how to use that technical thing!' Anyway, I use mine all the time (which gets strange looks at Asda) and the only prob I have is remembering to hitch it up while walking to the toilet and finding my way into the Slanket, when I want to get something out so I can pee. At my age I've either forgotten what I went in there for in the first place or I use a LOT of lavender to disguise where I've been. But my QVC delivery man thinks it's nice that I have lot of fresh flowers in the house(!). On the plus side, they are lovely and warm and if enough of us buy them then we'll be in the majority for a change and won't the folk who haven't bought them look silly then?

I've got one (in a rather fetching green:tongue2:) just don't try and walk in it!!
They're only really ok to use like a conventional blanket, it takes me forever to find the arms and it's tricky wrapping it around and it feels like your back is exposed, I'm only 5 ft nothing so with the arm holes positioned where they are there's a load of blanket to bunch up around my neck. I'd sooner have a conventional blanket tbh, at least you can wrap that around you as you walk about, the Slanket is like wearing a hospital gown!:thinking2:

I've got one (in a rather fetching green:tongue2:) just don't try and walk in it!!
They're only really ok to use like a conventional blanket, it takes me forever to find the arms and it's tricky wrapping it around and it feels like your back is exposed, I'm only 5 ft nothing so with the arm holes positioned where they are there's a load of blanket to bunch up around my neck. I'd sooner have a conventional blanket tbh, at least you can wrap that around you as you walk about, the Slanket is like wearing a hospital gown!:thinking2:

I agree, same here. I bought one when it was a TSV ages ago. I haven't used it a lot to be honest as I feel too bundled up in it at the front and miss having my back covered.There's no way I could walk in it, even a few steps. The fabric was a bit thinner than I was expecting, too.

you know what i have a green one and my mum has a pink one and hers is a lot plusher/thicker than mine. i am getting a pink one now.
i have fleece blankets but they dont compare to my slanket i love it. one of the best things i have bought from qvc.

I agree, same here. I bought one when it was a TSV ages ago. I haven't used it a lot to be honest as I feel too bundled up in it at the front and miss having my back covered.There's no way I could walk in it, even a few steps. The fabric was a bit thinner than I was expecting, too.

I watched this in the previous hour and was getting tempted but thanks to Rozzy and DD who have put me off, I will just stick to my fleecy blanket.

Is it not better if you put the arms in like a jacket and cover up the front?

Wonder how the quality compares to Primark :tongue2:

I watched this in the previous hour and was getting tempted but thanks to Rozzy and DD who have put me off, I will just stick to my fleecy blanket.

Is it not better if you put the arms in like a jacket and cover up the front?

Wonder how the quality compares to Primark :tongue2:

You can do that but it just ends up more bulky and if you are going to do that, might as well use a blanket. I might give it another go to see if it grows on me ( not literally :lol: or I'll break my neck when trying to walk ) but wont hold my breath.

Last edited:
you know what i have a green one and my mum has a pink one and hers is a lot plusher/thicker than mine. i am getting a pink one now.
i have fleece blankets but they dont compare to my slanket i love it. one of the best things i have bought from qvc.

mine's green as well - it was the only colour left when I decided to order. Wonder if different colours have different thicknesses, then? I always thought mine was a bit sparse and not at all like my other cosy, fleece blankets. That hasn't helped make me like it, either, to be honest.

For some reason they just don't work worn the other way around, they hang funny!!:hi::hi:

I bought mine when it was tsv, trouble is I left it on the bed in our spare room and our cat has taken it over - she loves to snuggle into it. Have just ordered the pastel pink for our daughter who is expecting her 3rd baby at the end of the year - it will make 3 under 3's so I can imagine she'll have lots of nights downstairs with baby trying to stop the other two being woken up - she can snuggle up in her slanket - our lovely grandaughter, Bethany, who has to have absolutely evertything in pink, will enjoy it too!

saw the slanket today on the christmas gifts hour - they look really long - i am 5ft 7", are they roomy? as at that price, would be ideal for night times - this house is a freezer during the winter hours! lol xx

I have 2 I bought last year.. I love them, great for sitting on the couch watching the tele and being all snuggly. can delay putting the fire on a few more hours :D

100% approved by cats too

Latest posts

Back