Jackie "O" she aint!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
so we're being shown the Jackie Kennedy collection. A woman who oozed style and élan. The Chanel suits, the Yves Saint Laurent bags, the Tiffany jewels.....

But WE have model Marialena in a yellow fright-wig, cheap polyester red frock and visible black hair running up her arms.

it's not quite working....

I have to agree BB she wasn't the best model to use for such an elegant programme. Hairy arms don't bother me but because she's so blonde it looked a bit strange.

so we're being shown the Jackie Kennedy collection. A woman who oozed style and élan. The Chanel suits, the Yves Saint Laurent bags, the Tiffany jewels.....

But WE have model Marialena in a yellow fright-wig, cheap polyester red frock and visible black hair running up her arms.

it's not quite working....

Are you sure it wasn't Simon Biagi in drag? :sweat:

I have to agree BB she wasn't the best model to use for such an elegant programme. Hairy arms don't bother me but because she's so blonde it looked a bit strange.

indeed but its nice if the colours match, especially for a girl who's prone to hirsuteness. at one point she raised her arm in that sleeveless dress and for a second i thought she was modelling one of jackie's fur stoles :doh:

I thought it would be great if they could collar a JackieO look-a-like to model the items, however her looks are so unusual (wide jaw and smile) that a lot of look-a-likes tend to just concentate on the big hair and glasses and leave it at that.

its crying out for drag, really

They had Frankie modelling on the earlier shows. For me, that woman ruins everything she models. I just can't bear to look at her which is a shame because I love those JK shows. Incidentally, has anyone bought anything from this range? I like one of the watches but not sure about quality.

Anyway, back to the models? Who do you think would be an appropriate model for the JK shows? I guess maybe Tanya would have been OK or one of the other dark haired models.

I am not keen on Frankie. I think it is from the time she did the Freeze 24 shows.
I don't think Tanya is right for the Jackie O shows either. There is a dark haired model who does the make up shows I think her name is Tara. She has more of a classy look.

I would have picked Karen,she seem to have chic and elegance.

Whenever I see Frankie I'm reminded of Alexandra Bastedo when she was in The Champions in the late '60's. Anyone else old enough to remember?

I am not keen on Frankie. I think it is from the time she did the Freeze 24 shows.
I don't think Tanya is right for the Jackie O shows either. There is a dark haired model who does the make up shows I think her name is Tara. She has more of a classy look.

ooh yeah Tara is gorgeous.

i think Frankie is dead rough looking. she has a lopsided snarly lip and her hair's a right mess :happy:

Whenever I see Frankie I'm reminded of Alexandra Bastedo when she was in The Champions in the late '60's. Anyone else old enough to remember?

gorgeous alexandra bastedo stood in front of the geneva fountain looking fabulous in a chanel suit and her hair in a chignon with william gaunt and that american one?

nah i dont remember :wait:

gorgeous alexandra bastedo stood in front of the geneva fountain looking fabulous in a chanel suit and her hair in a chignon with william gaunt and that american one?

nah i dont remember :wait:

i saw the repeats... obviously!

here they are....

I have the Jackie Kennedy sunglasses and absolutely love them !
I do enjoy watching the shows & particularly hearing about her jewellery collection and when she acquired the indfividual pieces . I also appreciate seeing the photos of Jackie wearing the items of jewellery as , for me , that is much more significant than whichever QVC model is appearing on the day.

Thanks for the pic Burlz. Would have provided one myself if I had any clue how. Now I've revealed my vintage you can make allowances for my lack of computer skills.

For me it was a choice between the glasses or the watch and I thought I'd get more wear from the watch. I've ordered the brown strapped one. It looks lovely and I'm always looking to add to my collection.

I recall The Champions from the 70's. We watched it on a Sunday after church.

Last edited:
For me it was a choice between the glasses or the watch and I thought I'd get more wear from the watch. I've ordered the brown strapped one. It looks lovely and I'm always looking to add to my collection.

I recall The Champions from the 70's. We watched it on a Sunday after church.

Hi Lady M - I have my sights set on the brown strap watch. Would be really interested to hear what you make of it when it arrives. Hope it's as gorgeous as it looks on screen. Can you remember where the original was made? I thought I heard them say Chopard.

I have the Jackie Kennedy sunglasses and absolutely love them !
I do enjoy watching the shows & particularly hearing about her jewellery collection and when she acquired the indfividual pieces . I also appreciate seeing the photos of Jackie wearing the items of jewellery as , for me , that is much more significant than whichever QVC model is appearing on the day.

I was so tempted to order them as I really want some oversized sunglasses for my holiday. Good to hear that you have them and love them.

My worry though is that I've got really chubby cheeks and they might not look right.

Latest posts

Back