James Russell is rubbish - in my opinion

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh noooooo, he is back and doing the late shift, does that mean that the poor freeview viewers will have to suffer gemstv"s worst presenter :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow i'm surprised a new presenter gets that amount of holiday over christmas at gems!

Wow i'm surprised a new presenter gets that amount of holiday over christmas at gems!

:mysmilie_348: perhaps what happened was everyone at gems towers were hoping that he would forget that he and his ego had to come back after the holidays. Well they have given Liz a lot of time off too - havent seen her - i keep wittering about it - she has disappeared off the face of the planet! lol:mysmilie_17:

I really must have a look - I've never seen him yet!

Not that I would ever criticise a presenter of course! :mysmilie_17:

Well, well, well!! I have finally taken the plunge and have just watched this James Russell guy that everyone loves :mysmilie_17:

OMG! Within around 2 minutes, I had to search for a couple of matchsticks to keep my eyes open! I thought he was supposed to be some super duper top salesperson? What did he sell when he got that title? Sleeping Pills?

He even tried to convince us that a 2.747 carat Tanzanite & Diamond ring was "amazing" at £1227.09 - double the price of TJC! He went on to say he's be selling this stone for 8 years now and has seen it get rarer and rarer and very hard to get now! Well obviously he doesn't check out the opposition does he?

Oh dear Gems TV! With your non disclosure of treated stones, ridiculously high prices, faux/costume jewellery and general drop in standards, was it a wise move to put yet another nail in your coffin by bringing in a presenter like this? :mysmilie_81:

Only 3 words to describe him for me - Dull, Dull Dull! I'd rather watch paint dry!

Hi everyone
I been watching all the jewellery channels for years but as of yet have not made a purchase due to my cirumstances i can not really wear jewellery so just like to admire it.

I have been reading shopping telly posts for months and i have found some really usefull information from different people .you know who you are keep it up.

My only complain is i have never seen a more Ludicrous thread then this which is why iam posting.

Graham being the owner of this site i would have expected you to be fair to all users and topics in discussion but from your recent posts about James you are creating a flame thread and being very biased. if you have any issues with james i suggest you email him personally and stop this ranting and moaning, if you dont like to watch any of the presenters on any channels why dont you just switch off.

TJC,Rocks ,Gems they have all had a fair share of similar presenters and styles of presenting. i think you should spend more efforts on trying to build a constructive informative topics on gemstones and jewellery and encourage people to give unbiased opinions so that it can be used by new people to making a good decision.

I can understand james E-mail to you, it would have frustrated me given its content but he sent it directly to you from the sounds of it so you should have given him a direct response and not copied it to the entire forum. what happend to privacy i think it is totally un professional.

Criticise me as much as you desire, i simply feel this thread as being In-appropriate to some of teh hard work you have put into building this site over the past

HS

Hi everyone
I been watching all the jewellery channels for years but as of yet have not made a purchase due to my cirumstances i can not really wear jewellery so just like to admire it.

First of all Welcome to the forum

I have been reading shopping telly posts for months and i have found some really usefull information from different people .you know who you are keep it up.

My only complain is i have never seen a more Ludicrous thread then this which is why iam posting.

I am pleased that you are that is what forums are all about

Graham being the owner of this site i would have expected you to be fair to all users and topics in discussion but from your recent posts about James you are creating a flame thread and being very biased. if you have any issues with james i suggest you email him personally and stop this ranting and moaning, if you dont like to watch any of the presenters on any channels why dont you just switch off.

I am 100% fair to all users and all topics, like you I don't agree with some of the posts, but the member has every right to their opinion.

This is not a flame thread, just a thread with my opinion, I think I know the members of this site well enough and can assure you that they are not sheep and would not worry about having a different point of view.

The "Why don't you just switch off" has always been like a red rag to a bull with me, I don't want to not enjoy a channel that was once great, I want it to Improve and IMO it will not all the time James Russell continues to be employed.

TJC,Rocks ,Gems they have all had a fair share of similar presenters and styles of presenting. i think you should spend more efforts on trying to build a constructive informative topics on gemstones and jewellery and encourage people to give unbiased opinions so that it can be used by new people to making a good decision.

Anyone can post anything witghin reason on this forum, I do look at all channels, but I do not believe there is a more unwatchable presenter than James Russell.

I can understand james E-mail to you, it would have frustrated me given its content but he sent it directly to you from the sounds of it so you should have given him a direct response and not copied it to the entire forum. what happend to privacy i think it is totally un professional.

I rersonally think it was not at all professional for him to send such an email. If the email had the industry standard Private and Confidential - Not for Publication then it would never had been published.

Criticise me as much as you desire, i simply feel this thread as being In-appropriate to some of teh hard work you have put into building this site over the past

I don't want to criticise you at all, but I will have the right of reply.

HS

Careful Graham, you'll have Gems Management contacting you to get the thread removed next. :mysmilie_17:

Oh Graham - me too with the "if you don't like it turn it off" argument. This drives me crackers. I pay a high price for my viewing and expect it to be of a reasonable quality. If it is not I should be able to say so. If I want to watch a programme but it is being spoiled by bad presenting (or anything else) then it is up to me to try and change that by saying so. Simply switching off is the equivalent of turning your back on anything bad in life, and nothing would improve if we all refrained on commenting - good or bad. xxxxx

:mysmilie_348: I do not see this as being a "Flame" thread! I have read more caustic and vitrolic, spiteful remarks on msn news - where the reader can post comments. I am sorry, but imoho to most people James Russell is a marmite moment, you either love him, or you dont!

I am afraid I dont, its his smug, hand waving, quid mentioning, informing you on how to order (as if we were all complete imbeciles!!)manner; and his sales patter, (frequently reminds me of market scenes from only fools and horses!) i am sorry, but for me, he just doesnt have that certain something, that you find in, i.e. Drew (when he presented) or another random presenter Craig (when he presented) Scott, Fi, Lynne, Vicki and Liv have it! Its called Personality!

I find him annoying, and just like any fillm, if you cant get into the plot of it, within the first 5 minutes, you dont bother watching - and turn over to another channel, well thats what watching him for 2 minutes does to me!

It is not his fault, he is just a square peg in a round hole - but if he bores me, and others as well, its turning viewers off from watching at that moment in time. :mysmilie_687:

Oh Graham - me too with the "if you don't like it turn it off" argument. This drives me crackers. I pay a high price for my viewing and expect it to be of a reasonable quality. If it is not I should be able to say so. If I want to watch a programme but it is being spoiled by bad presenting (or anything else) then it is up to me to try and change that by saying so. Simply switching off is the equivalent of turning your back on anything bad in life, and nothing would improve if we all refrained on commenting - good or bad. xxxxx

:mysmilie_82: Very well said Lurgey me old mucker! I totally agree with you.

Anyone who puts themselves in front of an audience should expect to hear reviews of their performance - good or bad, it comes with the job.

HS

:mysmilie_348: shimmer80,

It gets a bit boring here when the topics are only about the gemstones, I know there are times when situations arise and the forum is great then for sharing news and info but we do need to chat about other things sometimes and the channels are a whole package of which sometimes things niggle, it is good to get it off your chest. :mysmilie_696:

Did feel sorry for Adina such a long standing presenter being joined on set last night by James Russell to plug his Freeview show, I have said it before and no doubt will say it again, WHY does this boring bland talentless man get all the weekend Prime Time Freeview shifts?

I am not a fan of Lucy but she is 100 times better than James Russell and any comments I have made about her in the past are just not on a par with incompetence of James Russell.

PLEASE GEMS GET RID OF JAMES RUSSELL

Graham - I so agree. I just switch off - picture and sound when the talentless one is on. At least with Adina and Lucy I can watch. I think both ladies are very pretty and vivacious, just a little loud and repetitive.:mysmilie_497:

I do my best to avoid him and mostly succeed, but caught him for a few minutes last night in time to hear him telling us how to lie to jewellers in order to get a free valuation - charming! He seems to mention his girlfriend a lot as well, you don't think that maybe she is .................
xxxxx

Well half way there, he is on now so we are spared of him the the Freeview shift tonight, now a big push out of Eagle Road Studios and never let back in an a lot of GemsTV viewers will be happy.

Latest posts

Back