Jeffporia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

OrangeLady

Registered Shopper
Good grief, the man is currently doing his 3rd stint in 24 hours!

Pink diaspore on the lunchtime slot yesterday (has been covering for Ellis over the weekend).

Then on his usual overnight slot.

And now doing the breakfast show!
(Amazingly he still sounds more coherent than some presenters).

It's been great to see Jeff on daytime slots recently, but is this current pattern even legal? I thought you were meant to get 8 hours rest between shifts?

Uh oh. Are clocks mandatory now? And ridiculous web page comparisons?

Managers special at 9:45am. (Pale) yellow diamonds in 9k gold. 13 stones totalling 0.5ct. Showing Sotherby's auction listings for 74ct vivid fancy diamond necklace. And popped in a countdown clock.

Please Jeff, no.
No clocks.
No silly comparisons.
No wittering for 5-10 minutes.

Good grief, the man is currently doing his 3rd stint in 24 hours!

Pink diaspore on the lunchtime slot yesterday (has been covering for Ellis over the weekend).

Then on his usual overnight slot.

And now doing the breakfast show!
(Amazingly he still sounds more coherent than some presenters).

It's been great to see Jeff on daytime slots recently, but is this current pattern even legal? I thought you were meant to get 8 hours rest between shifts?
Yes, I'm amazed they're so open about it considering it's not legal.

However, Gemporia are not exactly known for following rules these days.......

Maybe it's one of those Brexit benefits? Scrapping the European working time directive?

Although I do remember the last time I worked shifts I had the option to opt out of those rules/ protections, so maybe Jeff has done the same?

Maybe it's one of those Brexit benefits? Scrapping the European working time directive?

It's still a UK law according to the Government website.

I also don't believe you can 'opt out' of your 11 hour break. Everyone is entitled to give their body a break. Not only that, if people opted out of their 11 hour break, it could make them tired at work - which would be dangerous in jobs where they're using machinery or driving. I wouldn't fancy driving on the same roads as delivery drivers that are driving around in vans, constantly knackered because they've not had 11 hours rest between shifts. It would be open to abuse by employers.

'Opting out' is to opt out of the maximum 48 hour working week. Therefore, if someone wanted to earn overtime by working 7 days a week, the can do so by 'opting out' of the 48 hour working week limit. They'd still have their 11 hour rest period between shifts.

Jeff may not be an employee though. He could be a freelancer. So the rules would be different because he would be, effectively, self employed and deemed in control of his own working hours. Jeff has another job, so I would imagine he's working on a freelance basis.

He can opt in for all the shifts on Gemporia as far as I'm concerned. Even in the 12th hour broadcasting he was still more coherent than other presenters...

That's not really difficult. Ozzie Osbourne sounds more coherent than some of the Gemporia presenters. Absolutely!

Interestingly, I noticed Jeff's presenting style changed a little during the 'daytime' shows - so the waffling, dodgy price comparisons and over-exaggerations are clearly orders 'from the top' at Gemporia towers.

Latest posts

Back