Carole Hochman TSV 07/06/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm buying nothing summery or lightweight ever again. I'm back in my fleecy PJs and back on the bed goes the super thick fleecy blanket. It's absolutely Baltic down here. If we're getting climate change it's back to the Ice Age. Yet last Saturday we were all in the park with no coat needed. I've started selling all my Spring/Summer things on Ebay - many still with tags attached as it's never been warm enough to wear them. Maybe now I've written this the weather Gods will smile down on us.

CC

I'm buying nothing summery or lightweight ever again. I'm back in my fleecy PJs and back on the bed goes the super thick fleecy blanket. It's absolutely Baltic down here. If we're getting climate change it's back to the Ice Age. Yet last Saturday we were all in the park with no coat needed. I've started selling all my Spring/Summer things on Ebay - many still with tags attached as it's never been warm enough to wear them. Maybe now I've written this the weather Gods will smile down on us.

CC
To be honest I've still been wearing some autumn clothes. Not been warm enough for short sleeves apart from Sunday.

I’m loving the non-summer as my body loathes the heat and it makes sleeping or resting even harder for me.

Am also severely photophobic so I just adore autumn and winter and always have!

But I do feel for everyone else waiting on the sun. Although it is only early June - July and august and even September could bring a heatwave!

I’ve got 2 Carole Hochman nighties which I love!

I bought them new from eBay but they were ex QVC.

They’re knee-length stretch cotton jersey with a built in bra “shelf” in bright fuchsia and blue.

Really good quality; nice trim and details and wear in summer as dresses - never worn in bed!

Her Midnight range used to be nice too but so expensive but agree a lot of her offering is over priced and dowdy.

I do rate her comfort bras (eBay!) and seamless briefs however!

Quality and comfy!

I’ve got 2 Carole Hochman nighties which I love!

I bought them new from eBay but they were ex QVC.

They’re knee-length stretch cotton jersey with a built in bra “shelf” in bright fuchsia and blue.

Really good quality; nice trim and details and wear in summer as dresses - never worn in bed!

Her Midnight range used to be nice too but so expensive but agree a lot of her offering is over priced and dowdy.

I do rate her comfort bras (eBay!) and seamless briefs however!

Quality and comfy!
I loved the midnight range and was lucky enough to find several bits in tk Maxx for around £8 each

Sorry. I spoke without thinking. I hope you enjoy wearing it, if you decide to purchase.
Dont worry we can't all like the same things. Just got back from M&S love thier Boutique range. got a long baggy nightdress peach with Malibu screen print on it for £9.00. instead of £16.00 and a long button through cardi come nightie from £25.00 to £13.00

Last edited:
I wear Bon Marche t shirt nighties. I have a stash bought when they were 2 for £16. I have bought other CH tsvs in the past, and still going strong - get fed up with them long before they wear out ! Like a good carpet !

Carole Hochman 100% Cotton 46" Maxi Gown
Item Number: 404867
QVC Price £37.98
Todays Special Value Price £27.96
P&P £1.95

Versatile casual style - whether you're lounging around the house, doing a bit of gardening, or popping to the shops, this house dress is versatile enough to wear for most relaxed occasions.
Find your favourite - choose from five abstract hydrangea print colours ranging from Black, Cobalt and Iris, up to the brighter Deep Coral and Teal.
It's got pockets! Yes, those three little words we all long to hear when dress shopping. Handy for bits, bobs or just tucking your hands away, rest assured that there are pockets in this little beauty.
  • Relaxed easy fit
  • Short sleeves
  • V-neckline
  • 100% cotton
  • Machine washable at 30C
Colour options:
  • Black
  • Cobalt
  • Deep Coral
  • Iris
  • Teal
Garment measurements:
  • Chest: S: 99.1cm (39"), M: 106.7cm (42"), L: 114.3cm (45"), XL: 121.9cm (48"), 2XL: 134.6cm (53"), 3XL: 144.8cm (57")
  • Length: S: 121.9cm (48"), M: 123.2cm (48.5"), L: 124.5cm (49"), XL: 125.7cm (49.5"), 2XL: 128.3cm (50.5"), 3XL: 129.5cm (51")
All measurements are approximate

I save a fortune on nightwear because I don’t wear nightdresses or PJs. I’ll leave the rest to your imagination. 😂
Oh me neither, for 20 years now I’ve worn naught but knickers in bed! 😉

But bc of my illness/situation, when not in bed, I “dress” almost solely in night-dresses, PJ’s and loungewear, so still have an extensive wardrobe!

Dont worry we can't all like the same things. Just got back from M&S love thier Boutique range. got a long baggy nightdress peach with Malibu screen print on it for £9.00. instead of £16.00 and a long button through cardi come nightie from £25.00 to £13.00
I don’t think you can beat M&S for nightwear!

I got some ‘Boutique’ cotton, cuffed Pj bottoms recently in a hot-pink checked pattern.
They’re funky and so soft!
And nice and long for me in the longer length! 👏🏼

I also bought last month from Marks a button-down long-sleeved cotton nightshirt.

It was being sold for Eid (!) which I don’t celebrate but as such it’s quite modest which means it’s a good fit and mid calf length - perfect for me!
It’s in a gorgeous teal geometric pattern print and best quality I’ve found in ages.

I miss their modal long sleeved jersey nighties.
Got two and they’ve just got softer with age…

Also miss Long Tall Sally being a decent brand, bc their button down proper cotton PJs were amazing quality - ditto their dressing gowns of which I gave 6 (plus two silky summer ones!)!!
Lasted forever and worn daily…
Sadly brand bought by ‘Yours’ clothing and has gone down the pan!

For fancier and unique sleep and loungewear, Spanish brand Oysho is worth a look.
[Just visited their website and prices have rocketed and no sleepwear on there I can see atm?]

Last edited:
I don’t think you can beat M&S for nightwear!

I got some ‘Boutique’ cotton, cuffed Pj bottoms recently in a hot-pink checked pattern.
They’re funky and so soft!
And nice and long for me in the longer length! 👏🏼

I also bought last month from Marks a button-down long-sleeved cotton nightshirt.

It was being sold for Eid (!) which I don’t celebrate but as such it’s quite modest which means it’s a good fit and mid calf length - perfect for me!
It’s in a gorgeous teal geometric pattern print and best quality I’ve found in ages.

I miss their modal long sleeved jersey nighties.
Got two and they’ve just got softer with age…

Also miss Long Tall Sally being a decent brand, bc their button down proper cotton PJs were amazing quality - ditto their dressing gowns of which I gave 6 (plus two silky summer ones!)!!
Lasted forever and worn daily…
Sadly brand bought by ‘Yours’ clothing and has gone down the pan!

For fancier and unique sleep and loungewear, Spanish brand Oysho is worth a look.
[Just visited their website and prices have rocketed and no sleepwear on there I can see atm?]
I got some lovely ones from Primark £8 they wash great. Only problem is they come with t shirts that I send to the charity shop as I prefer a camisole to wear with them. These are my winter nightwear, spring and summer camisole nighties or a cami and knickers.

Latest posts

Back