JF never made a cake?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Petespants

Registered Shopper
JF has just revealed she has never made a cake in her life Ha ha.Think she might just be tempted to have a go using the KitchenAid Mixer

Must be good then.

She's like Princess Jackie "bad hair extensions" Kabler, they think it's endearing that they can't use kitchen appliances because they never cook, or go in the kitchen when in fact, they just make themselves look like a couple of air heads, and not at all like the strong, independent women that we on this forum are, and they should be.

It's the boasting about it that gets my goat.

If they don't want to cook say so or say nothing but the way it is said it implies that they are too good to do menial work like us non zelbs.

She's like Princess Jackie "bad hair extensions" Kabler, they think it's endearing that they can't use kitchen appliances because they never cook, or go in the kitchen when in fact, they just make themselves look like a couple of air heads, and not at all like the strong, independent women that we on this forum are, and they should be.
I think the no making a cake thing is a load of rubbish. What about cooking at school?
Maybe they want us to think that they don't need to know how to cook because they have people in to do it for them.I would be ashamed to say I was unable to cook or use tools in my kitchen.What's the use in having them then?Yes ,it is all about independence .

Maybe JK is too busy ironing YK crinkly tunics?

Maybe JF is too busy painting her nails her beloved Porchester Square yawn! Anyway doesn't she only take liquidised food?

The Great British Bake Off has sort of revived baking again with people. I don't think they have done domestic science in schools for years. Cut backs etc no doubt helping the obesity problem, hell just go to the fast food or buy your cakes and buns.

I think the no making a cake thing is a load of rubbish. What about cooking at school?
Maybe they want us to think that they don't need to know how to cook because they have people in to do it for them.I would be ashamed to say I was unable to cook or use tools in my kitchen.What's the use in having them then?Yes ,it is all about independence .

I agree she must have baked a cake at school. Even if they don't do cooking in schools now, she's older than me and cooking was compulsory in 1st and 2nd years of secondary school when I was a kid.

The Great British Bake Off has sort of revived baking again with people. I don't think they have done domestic science in schools for years. Cut backs etc no doubt helping the obesity problem, hell just go to the fast food or buy your cakes and buns.

My son's school does it, one week the teacher shows them how to prepare and cook the next the pupils make it and the school provides all the ingredients. When I was at school we had to provide our own.

My son's school does it, one week the teacher shows them how to prepare and cook the next the pupils make it and the school provides all the ingredients. When I was at school we had to provide our own.

my grandaughter does cooking 2 times a week ,1 day going over recipes another day actual cooking,but it does cost this years new price is £30 for the year ,but everything supplied or as letter stated you can pay £1 a week she brought home the letter last week so in scotland anyway they still do cooking

JF never made a cake?

Is anyone surprised ? she doesn't 'do' gardening either, or know how to use vacuum cleaner (which she admitted on a Dyson show).

She DOES know how to use beauty products that don't work, wear shoes that make her look like a deep sea diver, and knows what a Bulldog clip is for.

Here in Scotland they do, they call it Home Economics and have done for over 30 years.

Sadly a lot of women ( and men ) don`t cook nowadays, even if they know how to. My husband`s daughter is a prime example, has just parted from her husband of 20 years and during the whole of her marriage she never cooked, cleaned, shopped for food or did laundry or ironing. He did it all.

Blimey Vienna ! where did I go wrong ? My late husband had trouble putting a light bulb in !

The trouble was, the men of our generation (babyboomers) had mothers who did everything for them - from cleaning their shoes to having their dinner on the table when they came home from work. So, they expected it to carry on when they married. My first year of marriage was exhausting - out all day working, and then standing at the sink peeling spuds while still having my coat on when I came home. Weekends were spent cleaning, washing and ironing. Jill Franks should've had my husband - playing the helpless woman would not have cut any ice.

JF never made a cake?

Is anyone surprised ? she doesn't 'do' gardening either, or know how to use vacuum cleaner (which she admitted on a Dyson show).

She DOES know how to use beauty products that don't work, wear shoes that make her look like a deep sea diver, and knows what a Bulldog clip is for.

So to put it Frankly she's a lazy useless b????Dressed like a dogs' dinner.

i was bought up with a mum who loved being a mum. she was born 1929 and nothing gave her more pride than cooking cleaning and making our clothes. i can sew and knit and bake and cook anything from scratch. not that i do that much but at least i know how

I'm married to a baby boomer too, youngest of seven and talks about women's work! I've tried to change him for over 30 years but it's not happend. Maybe I envy Jill just a little bit.

Did she go to stage school? Perhaps HE isn't considered show biz lesson.

It's your own business if you choose not to cook but quite another to play the 'ittle girlywirley, shock horror having to dirty your hands. Everyone should be ABLE to fend for themselves even if they don't need to.

Latest posts

Back