Jill Franks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

woodster

Registered Shopper
I just tuned into the last few minutes of the Clogau hour 8pm-9pm. Having been away for a couple of weeks I haven't seen QVC for a while. Not sure if it was the jet lag but Jill Franks was really irritating me, talking at speed and over the guest who couldn't get a word in edge ways. Not sure how the rest of the hour went but if the last ten minutes was anything to go by glad I missed it

I couldn't watch her even when I was a QVC customer, her manic presenting and love of absolutely everything is so disingenuous, never in a million years will I ever get why she's allowed to act this way.

I put on a video of a clogau ring to see her but had to turn off after two minutes of her flirting with the man from Clogau about his beard, and then saying if her husband had one, she would soon have a sore face. She seemed to be insinuating that they had a very active sex life. Pass the sick bucket.

I put on a video of a clogau ring to see her but had to turn off after two minutes of her flirting with the man from Clogau about his beard, and then saying if her husband had one, she would soon have a sore face. She seemed to be insinuating that they had a very active sex life. Pass the sick bucket.

Oh dear! I really can't watch Jill when she's in full innuendo mode. Like the other day when Ralph Rossini (Honora Pearls) was on - the minute I knew he was going to be on with Jill the off button was applied pronto. She seems to do this sort of thing with every male guest, but comes on particularly strongly with sexual innuendo with the more obviously straight male guests. It's got to the stage now for me that if she is on with a male guest, I just won't watch her. I find it unprofessional, inappropriate and uncomfortable.

There should be a special kingdom of innuendo: Jill Franks is its queen and Ideal World's very own Peter Simon is it's king :puke::puke::puke:

They should spend an hour together MML, that might be just the aversion therapy Jill needs to snap out of it! :mysmilie_50:

Well, I always thought she looked too thin and haggard before, but now the eyebrows, the hair , she's a complete disaster ! I suppose as the stylists are ****** useless there is no one to tell her the truth of what she looks like.

What is it with presenters' eyebrows ? First Sara Griffiths now Jill Franks. Also I've noticed Julia Roberts is using heavier eye make up and has brows as dark as her hair, that shade just does not suit her complexion now she doesn't sport a tan.

Thinking about it, most of the women presenters seem to be making quite drastic changes to their appearance - heavier make up, more cleavage, layered clothes a la Yong Kim, and those horrid clumpy shoe-boots with either loads of straps or open toes. Wonder if they've taken on a new stylist who is keen to make her/his mark ?

What is it with presenters' eyebrows ? First Sara Griffiths now Jill Franks. Also I've noticed Julia Roberts is using heavier eye make up and has brows as dark as her hair, that shade just does not suit her complexion now she doesn't sport a tan.

Thinking about it, most of the women presenters seem to be making quite drastic changes to their appearance - heavier make up, more cleavage, layered clothes a la Yong Kim, and those horrid clumpy shoe-boots with either loads of straps or open toes. Wonder if they've taken on a new stylist who is keen to make her/his mark ?

I haven't watched Q for a while and just turned over to see JF. What has she done to her eyebrows, they look way too dark for her.

She's lightened her hair colour and the eyebrows stand out more as much darker. I don't think the hair helps her complexion.

Good grief!! I just turned on at 8am to see JF doing the TSV hour. What on earth does she look like? Sorry Jill but you look terrible, your hair doesn't suit you and the makeup isn't the best either. Maybe just because the show was on at midnight and she was tired out but I don't think I've ever seen her look so awful. I'm no oil painting either by the way but then again, my job isn't to sell things on TV so I don't need to look my best.

CC

I just tuned into the last few minutes of the Clogau hour 8pm-9pm. Having been away for a couple of weeks I haven't seen QVC for a while. Not sure if it was the jet lag but Jill Franks was really irritating me, talking at speed and over the guest who couldn't get a word in edge ways. Not sure how the rest of the hour went but if the last ten minutes was anything to go by glad I missed it

Don't know what the joke was between them towards the end.

Oh dear! I really can't watch Jill when she's in full innuendo mode. Like the other day when Ralph Rossini (Honora Pearls) was on - the minute I knew he was going to be on with Jill the off button was applied pronto. She seems to do this sort of thing with every male guest, but comes on particularly strongly with sexual innuendo with the more obviously straight male guests. It's got to the stage now for me that if she is on with a male guest, I just won't watch her. I find it unprofessional, inappropriate and uncomfortable.

There should be a special kingdom of innuendo: Jill Franks is its queen and Ideal World's very own Peter Simon is it's king :puke::puke::puke:

Can't watch her full stop, still she saves me money.

Oh brissles, you did make me crack up laughing when I read your post! Another priceless comment from a contributor to this forum, it does me good just reading the comments posted (thank heavens I wasn't swigging tea when I read yours!!!)
I took one look at her eyebrows, and that was it - I turned over !

candycane, I think she looks unwell, and has done so for some time. I don't think I've ever watched a whole hour of hers, one reason being I don't much care for the dictatorial tone she adopts at times, like she's talking to a class of unruly 9 year olds. I know its been said before on here, but she is just much too thin - she is almost skeletal and that hair hanging lankly down makes her look even worse - there's no bounce or 'life' in it, so put it in an updo, Jill, please. She does not look healthy at all, and if I was in HR at Q, I'd be worried about her. Perhaps they have been, and her weight is normal for her (I'm no doctor so I don't know), but she looks unwell with very lifeless hair. I'm no oil painting, either, but I can make my hair look decent, look after my skin and if I was on the Box (perish the thought, thank heavens for you all I'm not!) I would try to dress smartly - although I'm not much overweight for my height, no one would ever accuse me of being thin!! And they say TV puts ten pounds on your frame! Good grief, if that's true I dread to think how thin Jill is.
Good grief!! I just turned on at 8am to see JF doing the TSV hour. What on earth does she look like? Sorry Jill but you look terrible, your hair doesn't suit you and the makeup isn't the best either. Maybe just because the show was on at midnight and she was tired out but I don't think I've ever seen her look so awful. I'm no oil painting either by the way but then again, my job isn't to sell things on TV so I don't need to look my best.

CC

I hardly ever watch the Q these days but, as it was my day off, I switched on and saw Jill. I thought she looked good, and her hair was so suited to her face. I do like Jill, generically, as a presenter and, from what I can glean, as a character. Debs is also a favourite of mine. I must be in the minority.

I was watching the M Assam show last night with Ali K, a presenter I usually like and admire. However, this time, her fast talking was giving me a headache and I wonder if she is the founder member of the Jill Franks Appreciation Society. All through the show she kept telling us about how JF runs and swims and is all fit and healthy and so on. The problem with that is that she was using it as a device to tell us that part of it was down to the products, on the basis that JF loves them and won't be without them. As we all know, JF says that about *everything* and changes her story depending on what she happens to be presenting, so, IMO, that was not a good sales tactic to be using as we don't believe her! I presume Ali K may not have watched enough of JF's shows and isn't aware that she "loves everything". She mentioned her so many times it started to become laughable. Suffice to say, I can't watch a JF show at all, with the crude innuendo and irritating in-jokes with the crew. Although, I will say that I think the new look hair does suit her, but that's as far as I could go!

The best was yet to come! At the end of the LG tsv hour before saying "goodnight"......Jill announced it was someone-special's birthday, left the table area and moved towards the camera and fish-kissed the screen for her gorgeous director. It was SO horrible ....it took me ages to fall asleep!

OH commented on both JF and SG's eyebrows. Said he had a friend who was obsessed with extremely hairy women and reckoned he could always tell how much body hair they had by checking out eyebrows. Apparently, the bushy dark look these two sport would have rung his bell :mysmilie_845:

Latest posts

Back