Joan Rivers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthmay

Registered Shopper
Pics of her in paper before and after her latest face lift, age 78. not a pretty sight. why would you keep putting yourself through it?
I am 78 and comfortable with my wrinkles, do the best I can, but at this age, who cares? I try to look smart and well groomed.

I saw those piccies too and thought - what a mess! Well done you for growing old gracefully..........:clapping:

I can understand her though. She is in a work environment were most people, and especially most women are at least 40 years younger, that must be tough. She is working when most people are considered to be over the hill at 40, despite plastic surgery and working out 2 hours every day and eating half a lettice leaf per day......And at least she is honest about it.
It must be a very toxic to live and work there

Last edited:
Yes I saw that about Joan Rivers & thinks its very sad because LA is the biggest con. How sad that these people feel to keep up they have to put themselves through all of that to get attention. Why can't they be accepted for who they are ?

DH & I were watching Piers Morgan in Hollywood the other night & saying how disappointed we were when we went to LA a few years back for our silver anniversary trip. We found parts of it dirty, seedy & no way would you walk around there late at night as its totally unsafe. We stayed in the Roosevelt hotel & we could hear gunshots going off during the night & the constant sound of sirens. The walk of fame with the stars is surrounded by shop after shop selling the same tacky souvenirs. Cheap plastic tat, Oscars etc. Rodeo Drive is just hyped up & really no different to Bond Street.Tinsel town it ain't & we were so disappointed. Fortunately we were only there for a few days & then moved on & we were glad to go & both said we would never go back. What you see on Oscar night is only because they have spent millions doing things up. In reality it does not look like that at all, in fact the outside of one of the famous restaurants, Spargos looks no better than Joe's Cafe !

Some friends of ours went out there a couple of years back & they too only stayed on our advice for a couple of nights & said how glad they were that they listened to us as they hated it. Just cannot see the attraction at all & we would say to anyone thinking of going, don't waste your time & money.

Yes I saw that about Joan Rivers & thinks its very sad because LA is the biggest con. How sad that these people feel to keep up they have to put themselves through all of that to get attention. Why can't they be accepted for who they are ?

DH & I were watching Piers Morgan in Hollywood the other night & saying how disappointed we were when we went to LA a few years back for our silver anniversary trip. We found parts of it dirty, seedy & no way would you walk around there late at night as its totally unsafe. We stayed in the Roosevelt hotel & we could hear gunshots going off during the night & the constant sound of sirens. The walk of fame with the stars is surrounded by shop after shop selling the same tacky souvenirs. Cheap plastic tat, Oscars etc. Rodeo Drive is just hyped up & really no different to Bond Street.Tinsel town it ain't & we were so disappointed. Fortunately we were only there for a few days & then moved on & we were glad to go & both said we would never go back. What you see on Oscar night is only because they have spent millions doing things up. In reality it does not look like that at all, in fact the outside of one of the famous restaurants, Spargos looks no better than Joe's Cafe !

Some friends of ours went out there a couple of years back & they too only stayed on our advice for a couple of nights & said how glad they were that they listened to us as they hated it. Just cannot see the attraction at all & we would say to anyone thinking of going, don't waste your time & money.

I've heard Tova mention her and Ernie eating there.

Latest posts

Back