JR - put weight on???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She probably is...or her OH?? :tongue:

Her OH could well be a forumite member, too. How exciting! :clapping:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
To Mr "Julia Roberts": If you are reading this, would you mind contributing more often on this forum in singing Ms Roberts' praises. After all, everyone knows, she is worth it!! *flicking long hair back, Miss Piggy style*:emo:

I think it's hard as you get older....I can remember a time when losing a little bit of weight and having a sun tan did wonders! In my 30s I never seemed to have to worry about anything as I had the time to go to the gym and pamper myself. But then...the inevitable family and worries come along and suddenly before you know it you're middle aged. As many of these presenters have been around since their "glory years" it must be hard for them to have to accept they have got older and it's harder than it once was. Growing old gracefully would be more sensible, but like many of us do, they fall into the trap of thinking a diet and a suntan is going to work wonders. On skin over 50 it doesn't always work like that and little bit of weight and staying out of the sun is probably going to be kinder.

IceT, I agree with you.

Certain people/persons have stated on here that I must be in love with/obsessed with or an agent of JR. However I am none of those just a forum member who is fed up with the JR bashing. I am not the the one who constantly starts threads about her weight, hair, looks toe posts ets. I would say those thread starters and those that voice the same old opinions time after time are the ones that are.

In the absence of real arguments some people like to sharpen their claws and employ the old trusted tactic of "Attack is the best form of defence". But if I was you Loveheart, I wouldn't loose sleep over it. Your opinion matters just as much, if not more for a healthy counter balance.

loveheart
I am not the the one who constantly starts threads about her weight, hair, looks toe posts ets.

But it doesn't stop you from commenting in every thread every time does it?? :smirk:

I didn't say you did start every thread but you do add your bit to quite a few.
FYI I do not comment on every thread every time.

being serious i once saw an ad on tv for lancome it just said in big letters julia roberts and for a few seconds i did actually think it was "our" julia lol

I saw the tops of Julia's arm yesterday and they looked older than she does ! I don't know why she lost weight because she did look great, much more sexy looking
btw I am a straight woman, but I did think she looked better before x

I saw the tops of Julia's arm yesterday and they looked older than she does ! I don't know why she lost weight because she did look great, much more sexy looking
btw I am a straight woman, but I did think she looked better before x

You mean you saw her in "real life"? If so, please elaborate!

Just been watching her on the Kipling tsv launch. Got on the Max Walls, the toe-posts and a most unflattering sleeveless top which seems to emphasise the spare tyre. The overall effect is not good. I think she could look great in the right outfit rather than squeezing herself into something that is far too young for her :hi:

Why the hell doesn't she wear more flattering clothes, surely she must see herself in the monitor? I love all the details she gives out about the products but her dress style leaves a lot to be desired! Of course I don't want to see her in tweed skirts, etc. but I would have thought she could be more selective with her attire........after all, QVC fashion is so "on trend"!!!!!!!! :tongue:

Let's face it, if 'our' Julia Roberts was 'the' Julia Roberts doing the red carpet, she wouldn't be doing a Helen Mirren - picture of elegance with the upper arms covered - it would be some strappy, tight-fitting number with the melons out on display! Still luv her, tho!

I have to say I was watching the Kipling TSV launch (having just pulled on a BNWT pair of size 14 jeans and done them up for the first time since I bought them in hopes last year!!!!) I think Julia really is looking more Max Wall in those super tight jeans/jeggings than elegant presenter.

I'm a size 8 but being in my mid fifties I wouldn't dream of showing my upper arms. I do wear leggings but only with a long tunic. As someone else said, she needs a session with Gok.

When you get to our age, particularly if you've been pregnant, the skin is crepey and the muscle structure underneath isn't there any more. No-one needs to see all that.

I'm a size 8 but being in my mid fifties I wouldn't dream of showing my upper arms. I do wear leggings but only with a long tunic. As someone else said, she needs a session with Gok.

When you get to our age, particularly if you've been pregnant, the skin is crepey and the muscle structure underneath isn't there any more. No-one needs to see all that.

Well I'm 50 and love my sleeveless tops and I'm b*ggered if I'm giving them up because some people might not like the look of my arms...tough...

Well I'm 50 and love my sleeveless tops and I'm b*ggered if I'm giving them up because some people might not like the look of my arms...tough...

It's really up to the individual and about how you see yourself and whether you feel comfortable when you go out. If you think it looks good then that's fine.

Regardless of her weight fluctuations, she looked like she dressed with a shovel this morning...

Jinny x

Latest posts

Back